Mature Men perspective..is it b1@#$ to...?

women haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Let a woman walk in front of you during a date?

Usually, In a congested city example Washington DC people love to hog the streets...

I am the type of guy who curtiously moves behind so people dont run into each other...( I feel like this is a b1tch move on my part...thinking about not doing it anymore)

okay so here is what happened: let's say you are walking next to each other with your Date (I am the type to walk looking at her then straight ahead giving my attention)...and two people are coming up at the opposite end I move behind her so they could walk past then resume walking next to her...

Or you go to a resturant, open the Door for a woman and she walks in front, and also when guided to the table to sit.

Is this considered Chump in her eyes...??? Like instead should i be in front instead of behind like a little fag...

It angers me that people don't have any consideration for others.....Hog the **** like it is theirs.

I feel like to be a man in this dating world...any little negative you don't realize that you did will keep you out of dem drawers...you feel me?

I just wanted to get a mature man's perspective......:(

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't overthink it. Just remember to LEAD.

That will get you in front when you're single file.

Leading will prompt you to open a door for your lady and let her in.

Speak for the both of you when ordering. (Ordering for her is probably out the window these days.)

Elevators: Go in first, hold door open.

But don't sweat it if you forget. Just try to adopt the mindset that you're the leader, and push yourself to get out in front when necessary. One slip up won't make a difference, but if you consistently defer to her, it can be a damaging habit.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:
Don't overthink it. Just remember to LEAD.
:yes:

women haze said:
I am the type of guy who curtiously moves behind so people dont run into each other...( I feel like this is a b1tch move on my part...thinking about not doing it anymore)
Moving behind is just one option, cutting in between the two people (if one of them doesn't move out of the way) or placing your hand on your date hip to manuaver her in front of you is another.

women haze said:
Or you go to a resturant, open the Door for a woman and she walks in front, and also when guided to the table to sit.
Chivalry is dead my friend, you won't be getting any points for doing those things in today's dating world.

Sparky

Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's crowded, I usually walk in front of the bird and clear a path subtley with my elbows. It also gives me an excuse to "accidentally" elbow t*ssers on the street :)
Same applies to gigs etc. - I use myself (particularly elbows) to make sure the bird is comfortable with space.
I don't think I ever walk behind them unless the chips just happen to have fallen like that. Having said that, some birds are the "striding forward without checking you're still there" type so you find yourself walking behind sometimes.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
Chivalry is dead my friend, you won't be getting any points for doing those things in today's dating world.
Chivalry is dead because women are no longer precious things that we need to take care of. They're bytches and proud of it. Who the hell wants to protect and take care of a bytch?

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Generally it's proper form on a narrow sidewalk when you come upon other people to let the woman go ahead of you single file, unless there's a person with a dog coming toward you, then you go ahead. When the man goes ahead it looks like he's trying too hard to "protect" the woman and is a bit uncouth--like he's afraid the people coming toward him are dangerous or something.

And further, it's proper form when you, as a single man, come up on a man and a woman walking side-by-side... you pass them on the man's side. And frankly when that happens and I'm alone I'll even go so far as to give them a wide berth and step off the sidewalk so that the guy looks like a stud in front of his girl. We're all here to help each other.

I'm a big fan of proper form and manners and stuff. It doesn't hurt me with the chicks because it's a place that *I* want to come from, my respect for myself and others, not because I'm doing it for them.

If you "own" your behaviors you can do pretty much anything and chicks will dig it. Understand that and you'll be way ahead of the game. Sit down and think about what behaviors you want to have, and *why*, and then stick with them and nobody will fault you for it. Your behaviors are like windows into your core being. All a woman really cares about is that your core is solid, she really doesn't even care what that core is. If your core is solid enough it will displace hers and she will conform to you--no matter what type of core you have--that's what she wants to do. So if your behaviors are congruent and are firmly rooted in your core, you're good to go, whether you're a saint or a criminal. Really.

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
I've found Chivalry is a fine tool to woo the strong independent woman.
You still have to be illusive between outings (establish value and competition), but it does show interest from you while out.

If you've a few miles on you (like me), and you date divorced woman, doing things that their ex-husbands gave up doing long ago serves as an incredible panty remover.

I always gain huge points performing the simplest of courtesies which cuts down the need for larger gestures (financial/excessive time) that might be required to impress a high value woman.

SH

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
Generally it's proper form on a narrow sidewalk when you come upon other people to let the woman go ahead of you single file, unless there's a person with a dog coming toward you, then you go ahead. When the man goes ahead it looks like he's trying too hard to "protect" the woman and is a bit uncouth--like he's afraid the people coming toward him are dangerous or something.

And further, it's proper form when you, as a single man, come up on a man and a woman walking side-by-side... you pass them on the man's side. And frankly when that happens and I'm alone I'll even go so far as to give them a wide berth and step off the sidewalk so that the guy looks like a stud in front of his girl. We're all here to help each other.

I'm a big fan of proper form and manners and stuff. It doesn't hurt me with the chicks because it's a place that *I* want to come from, my respect for myself and others, not because I'm doing it for them.

If you "own" your behaviors you can do pretty much anything and chicks will dig it. Understand that and you'll be way ahead of the game. Sit down and think about what behaviors you want to have, and *why*, and then stick with them and nobody will fault you for it. Your behaviors are like windows into your core being. All a woman really cares about is that your core is solid, she really doesn't even care what that core is. If your core is solid enough it will displace hers and she will conform to you--no matter what type of core you have--that's what she wants to do. So if your behaviors are congruent and are firmly rooted in your core, you're good to go, whether you're a saint or a criminal. Really.
Good stuff.