Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mature man's review of 'The Game' (Neil Strauss)

stevera004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, read the book. It was a moderately easy read, so did it over 2 days. Lots of 'history of PUA' in the first half of the book, sarging anecdotes in the 3rd quarter, and the authors own transcendence over the ugly pit of sarging and into the loving arms of true love for the grande finale. The true love bit was painful, but I guess necessary to protect himself against the career killing 'misogynist' label.

Lots of the book was about Mystery (with some token Ross Jeffries stuff). What struck me most about the book was that the real relationships were developed amonst the men in the PUA groups. A lot of melodramatic BS also, but Style says it's all true, so whatever. Scary that the author considers Tom Cruise to be the most 'with-it' and 'Alpha' guys he's ever met.

Not sure if the book is worth buying though; probably just worth reading in-store.

hithard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
did his life seem to get better.or is it back to chump in love. get dumped and repeat process??

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To me it was motivating at first at least.

Yeah Mystery and some of those guys are ****ed up but there are alot of people with emotional problems out there, not just PUA's.

I will read it again. It's worth purchasing. Very interesting. Look, most guys don't have the balls to talk to alot of women.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm about half way through it and I'll admit I'm enjoying it, but I will say there is a stark contrast between a PUA and a DJ. PUA is the first step to becoming a DJ, but sadly some never make this progression in maturity (i.e. Mystery & Ross Jefferies).

Definitely worth buy thus far though. I plan on doing a review of the book and the obvious impact it's already having on the community.

wind20mph

Don Juan
Reaction score
So what do you think this material would help in your own success with women?

Coz I don't beleive in such. its their game so they are good about it.

if women figured that out... "GAME OVER MAN"!

I bet you read a lot about Ross Jeffries and Neil Strauss. My comments are:

1. know what you want and get it no matter what.
2. Have plans.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After watching this clip, not reading the Game and if his stunning girlfriend hadn't been in the audience I would have changed the channel after the first 30 seconds of the interview and passed the guy off as just another flaming homosexual attempting to 'help' heterosexual men get women by being more metrosexual. Like another spin on Queer Eye. HIs dress and speech are sterotypically effeminate.

But since I do know better I'll have to critique Strauss for being less than masculine, especially for going on the View. Notice the subtle defensive postures these women take from the begining. There's this itchy uncomfortableness throughout the whole interview - an unspoken presumptuousness and ofense that a man "thinks he's got women all figured out", like when the black woman insists on Neil telling her about negs (which she obviously had some prior knowledge of) as if she was ready to poke holes in him after he'd defined them to her (i.e. "go ahead baby", smacks her hand on the table "get to it!"). Then the Bette Midler clone to his left was ready to shoot him down in 'ballsy woman' fashion, ("pretend you meet me in a bar and I'm my usual self") but Strauss defused her fairly effectively. Interstingly enough it was the HB sitting next to Bette Midler who seemed the most receptive to him. In fact the show is almost cliched in the hosts it has. They're feminine characitures - the ballsy loud mouth aging-but-respect-her-overweight-sexiness Bette Midler, the respect demanding Sistah, the Katie Couric intelligence-as-attraction woman and the sweet and lovable naive bimbo.

Pause the MPG when they pan to the audience. With the exception of Strauss' girlfriend and the guy whos probably his agent or publicist, is there a single woman in the audience a guy would sarge or is under 30?

Throughout the entire interview there is this assumed pretense that the very idea that the community, the book, the techniques, and the presumptuousness that a man may have earned some respect for being successful with women is less than legitimate. There's this assumed notion that the very idea that a man (or a community of men) may have discovered some psycho-sociologic understanding of women is aoutomatically a sham. They assume Strauss' girlfriend "fell for it" by getting involved with him - which to her credit she corrects, but only so far in that it preserves her own self perception ("I didn't fall for anything major") and indirectly turns it back on Neil.

Johnny Double

Don Juan
Reaction score
That whole Tom Cruise alpha male thing is a bit creepy, but what Style also says is that most of the stuff Cruise is spouting off about is right out of the Scientology handbook.

I too found that most of the gurus to be less developed people than they're reputations and their posts made them out to be, or maybe we did that to them. Anyway it was a worth while book despite all that and worth buying. It made it clear to me that natural game is the way to go and I'm glad I found my way here and to some of the more level headed posters here.