Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Match.com????

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sb
why dont you try yahoo personals
i know members have to pay to im you but
it really seems that there are more paying men members on yahoo than match

there was completely free site that was good i think it was called hotmatchup.com
ill have to search for it

seabreeze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks pen. How's the wedding planning going?! I'm so very happy for you two DJ lovebirds!!!!
SB:cheer:

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by seabreeze
Thanks pen. How's the wedding planning going?! I'm so very happy for you two DJ lovebirds!!!!
SB:cheer:
well its going great for the most part, i got my dress on sale and it looks like it was made for me
i cant pick a cake
i think i want to be rich and have ten cakes
can you tell i like cake?

seabreeze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aaargh!!! This is getting so frustrating! Same damn guys looking at my profile and not making a move. Okay I took you guys advice and sent a couple of winks and one message. The guys never replied!!! I'm so glad that I only paid for one month on this thing! So what gives guys? Why are they looking but when I make a move they shy away???? By the way, it's up to 1821 views now and I still haven't connected with anyone interesting.
SB:confused:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright I'll admit it, I've browsed the profiles on Match without contacting the women. But hey, that's why you browse, if you read something that you like, you contact them in hopes that they write back. By the way SB, about the 100 odd guys that sent you winks or emails, you've replied to them right? Fair is fair y'know.

If you feel daring, post the link to your profile. The guys in this forum is a good cross section of the men on Match, do you feel confident enough to let us critiques your profile?

Kid Quick

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Only" 45 messages in three days, and it's been SIX whole days and you haven't connected with anyone? What's wrong with all these men? With the "give me exactly what I want and give it to me right now" ethic that rules society no wonder so many people are unhappy.

seabreeze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
okay francisco, I'm not sure if this is it but here it is:

http://msn.match.com/profile/showprofile.aspx?ortp=1&TP=U&uid=Ohs5CrqOV6SI2mCwPzsQBQ==&lid=21

Yep, I looked again today. it's up to 1888 views, a lot of the same guys, some new, BUT ONLY ONE FRICKIN MESSAGE! The problem is I'm shy or oldfashioned and there are some very nice guys that I'm waiting to make the first move. I did send a wink or two to two of my Match.com stalkers and they didn't reply.:(

Anyway, tell me what you think. i hope the link works.
SB;)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
  1. You're trying to hard in your pictures. Trade the skin pics for something showing you with friends or doing something active. Plus smile a bit more.
  2. In your profile talk a bit more specifically about who you are and what you are looking for. Write about what you did last weekend for fun, show us a bit of your world.
  3. Even though you are currently separated, it still means that some guy (maybe pissed off) still has a tie to you. You can easily go back to him or he can easily be waiting in the bushes with a bat.
  4. Change your headline, write something exciting that makes a person not only want to read your profile but also contact you (not saying that the 100+ that already have isn't enough).
  5. Expand on your interests. Be more specific and tell why you enjoy those things.
  6. Children - overall the more doesn't necessarily mean the merrier. I hate to say it but most men see children as baggage, some guys don't mind carrying a few but you even say that you want more. You may want to rethink that. Plus, wouldn't your other half want to be around to see his kids, a guy dating you will feel that he would need to occasionally watch his back. Oh yeah, most guys rightfully see children as competition. The more children, the more competition.
  7. The term "born again" will make many guys turn and run.
  8. Be more specific about the characteristics of the man you'd like to meet. The reason your profile is getting a lot of hits is because you aren't using any filters. Plus it kinda looks like you aren't selective and would date any type of guy, sight unseen.
  9. Add some humor to your profile. You want to make the guys smile while reading your profile, it'll help spur them to contact you.
    [/list=1]

That's what I see. Anyone else have anything additional to add?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
change these things :

relationship : SINGLE (dont say seperated )
sense of humor : friendly (dry wit is hard for some to understand )

add a pic of you and your kids
add a pic of you and pals doing one of the things you said you liked to do

other than that it seems great

i think youd still have better luck on yahoo :cheer:

seabreeze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco & Pen,

Your suggestions are fantastic!

I'll try and update it ASAP.

Pen, I tried Yahoo and I got nowhere. The guys there seem VERY apprehensive. I just canceled my profile. But, I'll see what happens on Match.

One more thing, if they are not interested why do they keep coming back looking at it over and over again????? That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Thanks again!
SB;)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco & Pen,

Your suggestions are fantastic!

One more thing, if they are not interested why do they keep coming back looking at it over and over again????? That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Thanks again!
SB;)
You're welcome. And about not understanding the keep coming back thing, that's normal. We guys feel you women make absolutely no sense to us either, yet we keep coming back! It's just the way that things are... :p

A well written profile that goes norm will usually get you more responses. I tell people to plug in their personal information into a search and read the profiles that come up along with their own. You'd be surprised at how many sound exactly the same so by all means, WRITE SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!

I get a few responses like the following each month....
"Just wanted to let you know how much I liked your profile!! Made me smile ...all right some parts made me giggle! We may not be a match...but I thought I would let you know I thought you have one of the best written profiles on Match!"
(name withheld to protect the lonely)
Yeah, I get some "interesting" responses too but I do get enough so that I have a chance to meet one or two new people a week just from on line. It can add up though and one can easily get overbooked so I hide my profile every few weeks just to get a rest. During that time I create a new profile that gets even more attention. The secret is to keep your profile fresh by updating it every few weeks. When you do that, it comes up in searches of new profiles which refreshes your marketability.

Yeah, there's a science to the whole on line dating thing, but it's not that difficult if you plan it out and review what works and what doesn't.

Last edited:

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Profile review: comments

Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
  1. You're trying to hard in your pictures. Trade the skin pics for

1. You did a great job, your feedback is really to the point! (Maybe because I agree with most of what you said.. but it is another matter)

Guys, do you mind giving me some feedback on my profile too?
    I stole some lines about interests but anyway...
    I'll appreciate all comments!

My username is sjust_me on Match.com

seabreeze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, explain the showing too much skin thing to me???? And I don't feel comfortable having 2000 some-odd strange men looking at photos of my kids or friends, but I'll try and find some more random photos to post.
Thanks!
SB;)

P.S. Yes, help al77 too!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to start a new thread to allow people to critique online profiles on any site. I've gotten way too many requests to review profiles. I'm telling everyone basically the same things, I might as well say it once in a thread.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, explain the showing too much skin thing to me????

And I don't feel comfortable having 2000 some-odd strange men looking at photos of my kids
Too much skin means.. the same as if you show too much skin in real life: too mini skirt, too open cleavage...Sure guys it draws attention, but this attention is a little too much for guys.
Imagine: you wear your miniest skirt and chose to wear somehtign that shows the cleavage....Would guys hit on you? A lot! But what KIND of guys?

So I guess the same situation with the profile when you show too much skin: yes, you will get noticed, get the attention you need, but generally speaking the quality of emails you get will not be very high. Thats why it is better not to show too much skin.

seabreeze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ohhhh! Sort of like it triggers a "look but don't touch" response in men. So which "skin" picture should I get rid of? By the way, 2,509 views, same guys and some new. I've got some emails that are interesting, I'm basically getting to know a few of the guys. But, my membership doesn't end for another three weeks and I'd still like to at least correspond with some of the guys who are just being internet peeping tom's (ha, ha just kidding).
SB;)

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ohhhh! Sort of like it triggers a "look but don't touch" response in men. So which "skin" picture should I get rid of?
Yes and no. Some men do think "look but don't touch".. so they do not even start talking to you. SOme others think "too much skin = sex" and may write quite poorly wriiten emails.
In any case too much skin doesn't do any good.
I would take off pics #1, #2 and #7.