Mastery

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's like an old song (Forever Young, by Alphaville) says: "hoping for the best, but expecting the worst". Enjoy the life as much as you can, but always be ready for the worst.
Madonna's lines come to mind for some reason, 'Living in a material world, and I am a material girl'.

I think a man's purpose should be quite the opposite of this, the negation or correction of it even. What have a rational instinct, and what typifies masculinity is its business to overcome the mere material, to create order out of chaos.... in all the spheres of life.

And this is not the introspective reason of ideology, the God's eye view from nowhere. It is reason allied with will, a very practical affair, which can also be called rational desire.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mastery is not that hard to understand. It is to become a better man. A more valuable man. Changing yourself to a better one.

When I was a teenager, as was crazy about a blond girl. She was really so beautiful! She was that angelical type, green eyes, skinny and beauty. I dream to me. (She had, also, a twin sister). So, there was a situation whem I could go out with her and some other friends (I took my dad's car to take them at home), and tried everything I know that time to be with her. But I was DUMPED, and I saw her kissing other guy in the front of my eyes. That hurted a lot...

This example is no different of what happened to a lot of guys here. But take a look what happened next. I do NOT stayed the same.

I kept my training on the gym 5 days a week, and got my body better. I got a nice paying job, so I could finance a house and buy a nice car. I turned my house into a nice place to be, with stereo, video, and always with things to eat or cook and drink (beer, wine, vodka, whisky, tequila, etc...). I could buy cool outfits. I could sometimes pay a good place to have a dinner or a good party. I became a better man day by day. And, at that time, I didn't know nothing about the manosphere.

Some years have passed and... what happened, in a nutshell? I got that blond girl I always dreamed of, to the envy of many. I stayed with her for about a year. Her twin sister had come with us for some fun in my house sometimes, and... in the end, I had a mannage ménage à trois with her and her twin sister. After some months I dumped both for better stuff ahead.

My example shows that you CAN better yourself, and have better results. Some changes can be made today, but some can take some years to take effect. The fact is that you must, like pook said, unite day and dream. This means that, the man you want to be need to be constructed day by day. Wanna a better body? Go to the gym. Wanna a better job? Go for it, study. Wanna have your own businnes? Make it happen, study the field you want to work in, etc...

Today I'm a guy that - very different from my teenager time - have options, have girls to choose. Why? Because, now, girls want to be with me, c'os now I'm a nice catch. There are girls that have more hadsome guys than me to be with, but they choose me. Why? Because I don't stayed the same, I'm always changing ant trying to be a better man. Reading, studing, working out... always. Girls are not dumb. They know the guy that can give them more. That's why the choose me, that's why I have options. I just turned myself into a nice catch.

This do not mean that I can have all the girls I want. Far from that. But you know what? I don't care when I got dumped today, c'os I have my plates to spin, I never sleep alone (except when I want).

I also want to say to the newcomer DJ's that a hot girl is not all. I had been with 8, 9 HB, and, besides their beauty, they are NOT perfect girls. They are normal people, and have flaws and things that you do NOT want in a LTR. In a nutshell: do not choose a girl just because she's hot. To have some sex it's ok, but if you wanna a good LTR, be more picky. Do not be in a bad relationship just because she's hot.

The real thing you must fight against is your own mediocrity and laziness.

If you are in the path of self improovement, don't care about the others say. Just keep it up. Results will come. Endure!!!
good post. however looks, cars and a good job can get you the girl but in order to maintain that sort of girl you need to keep promoting that image. Laziness and boredom are the most lethal habits to battle.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good post. however looks, cars and a good job can get you the girl but in order to maintain that sort of girl you need to keep promoting that image. Laziness and boredom are the most lethal habits to battle.
Looks like a hell of a lot of work... all this 'maintenance'... like the woman forever attending to her nails, hair, cosmetics etc. I prefer the substance to the image. I think the right kind of woman would buy into that... the lazy man's guide to seduction, natural selection, automatic screening... or not over-valuing/ chasing women.

I think all of this keeping up of appearances is going to put a lot of stress and anxiety on men... like they have to continually perform. The whole idea of an LTR, a real relationship, is to have an inner sanctum of sorts, home and hearth, where you can forget all the cares of the world for a moment... and relax!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like a hell of a lot of work... all this 'maintenance'... like the woman forever attending to her nails, hair, cosmetics etc. I prefer the substance to the image. I think the right kind of woman would buy into that... the lazy man's guide to seduction, natural selection, automatic screening... or not over-valuing/ chasing women.

I think all of this keeping up of appearances is going to put a lot of stress and anxiety on men... like they have to continually perform. The whole idea of an LTR, a real relationship, is to have an inner sanctum of sorts, home and hearth, where you can forget all the cares of the world for a moment... and relax!
Yeah that is how a normal LTR should be. However with a lot of girls i dated, usually the ones with a lot of options/friends/hobbies the minute you 'relax' you are OUT!

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah that is how a normal LTR should be. However with a lot of girls i dated, usually the ones with a lot of options/friends/hobbies the minute you 'relax' you are OUT!
Where I come from, we call this 'high maintenance'. Something to be avoided in a woman at all costs.

Reaction score
high maintenance is closely related to spending loads of cash and doing high end stuff. I am talking more about doing things that will not make a girl get bored.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
high maintenance is closely related to spending loads of cash and doing high end stuff. I am talking more about doing things that will not make a girl get bored.
Sure, but should it be a man's job to keep a woman entertained? If a woman is easily bored, for example whipping out her smart phone every five seconds, I'm not much interested in her. I prefer a woman that's a bit more solid than that, with a bit of character, as then you know you relationship is more likely to survive when it hits that inevitable bump in the road.

Reaction score
Sure, but should it be a man's job to keep a woman entertained? If a woman is easily bored, for example whipping out her smart phone every five seconds, I'm not much interested in her. I prefer a woman that's a bit more solid than that, with a bit of character, as then you know you relationship is more likely to survive when it hits that inevitable bump in the road.
I hate it when they do that

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get the impression many posters here do believe that - "Quit being thirsty and the women will flock"
A long time ago, I took on the idea to seduce all the women and then pick the one(s) I wanted. Getting to that point is an achievement in itself. The problem which came with it was the choosing process. There's a lot of garbage women out there, so I had to start refining my choosing process which isn't exactly easy when a lot of choosing is based on pure physical attraction.