Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Master Don Juan

Odysseus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you should raise the post count for Master Don Juan. Everyone is mdj now, it lost its value.

GREAT WHITE SHARK

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
true true

it should be the 500 mark.

------------------
GREAT WHITE SHARK

Go hunting and kill a huge deer
Go fishing and fish an enormous pike
F.UCK F.UCK F.UCK hot blonds
buy an alligator skin mocassins
write a book that sells 10.000.000 copies
buy a X5 BMW

SHout GO TO HELL B.ITCH! for those who deserve it.

Odysseus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
500 is good

DJBedford

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know if you've read most of this forum, but this suggestion has been made many times.

I'm surprised it hasn't been considered yet along with an upgrade of software. It really is a good idea.

------------------
Make eye contact, smile, go for the kill...

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it matters. Just because you post 500 times does not make you a Master Don Juan. Content is the only way to become a true Master. Others recognize when you truly become a Master Don. It's evident in everything you type...

CobraGT

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Cobra. Who gives a crap what a DJ has under his name? What does that mean? Some of us just post more than others, big friggin deal! For example, I am pretty sure DarkDream still does not have MDJ status but his word carries far more weight than most of the "master" don juans around here.

In fact I would go so far as to suspect that some of the best DJ's here post rarely or not at all because their busy getting their freak on with hot chicks. Let's not forget why we are here, it's not a contest to see who can rack up the most posts.

[This message has been edited by trickynick (edited 01-22-2002).]

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
And bondjamesbond. He couldn't have more than 20 posts, but his advice shows he is definetly a Master Don Juan!

CobraGT

TurboLover

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah 500, then at a 1000 have to title of "internet gran-choad-master dork"

------------------
-"The Supra Don Juan"-

"Be a real man. If it's broke, fix it. If it's fixed, break it."

ABM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TurboLover:

<cough> whatsupwiddat <cough, cough>
j/k around man

------------------
-Andrew
AIM: DaPlaya1
DJ: ABM
Don Juaning it since 10-14-2001

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TurboLover:
LMAO!!! That's pretty funny!

------------------
You either own the game or it owns you!

Ralfus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen I dork at girlproblems.com with over 1500 posts!!!

You think he is a "master"?

Ralfus

------------------
I met this girl on Monday,
Took her for a drink on Tuesday,
We were making love by Wednesday,
And on Thursday & Friday & Saturday,
We chilled on Sunday.

Don Phenom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CobraGT:
I don't think it matters. Just because you post 500 times does not make you a Master Don Juan. Content is the only way to become a true Master. Others recognize when you truly become a Master Don. It's evident in everything you type...

CobraGT
Exactly!!!!

new_juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just became Master Don Juan and I have been a member since 2000. I don't know if I deserve the title but I do know that alot of D.J's don't deserve the title at all.

I think it is going to be rather unfair to change the limit on who can and can't become master now that we have a bunch of pseudo masters posting.

However if changing the limit involves demotion of masters that don't fit the criteria I am all for it. I know I will lose the stupid Master Don Juan title but who cares I would rather earn it over time than have it given to me without merit.

------------------
"The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. The others --- the living --- are those who pushed their control as far as they felt they could handle it, and then pulled back, or slowed down, or did whatever they had to when it came time to choose between Now and Later." Hunter S. Thompson

extravaganza

Don Juan
Reaction score
Since the title doesn't actually matters in real life and only sad internet addicts want 'master don juan' badly, how about removing the titles all together.
Nobody is a master then and everybody is a 'don juan' that way nobody will whine about : lets put the limit higher!!!

And you wont have people posting stupid replies etc just to get their post count a.k.a. one post closer to master status up.

------------------
Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. - groucho marx

stuartSan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For those who want to know why this idea is always unattended to, its because it serves no purpose.

------------------
i'd rather die than give you control

DeepBlue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If anyone actually feels like they are a "master don juan" just because they posted a lot of comments, that is the type of person whose advice I'd want to avoid.

Having just come to this board I initially assumed the title was earned some other way, and I was dismayed to find out that it is based entirely on quantity of comments posted. Back in ASF where I posted for several years, there were some useless flamers who posted ten times as much as anyone else and we were trying desperately to get rid of those people.

My point is that if the title IS going to be used then it *will* have some clout, at least initially, with every new arrival.

Then they will go through the same process of being disillusioned as I was when they discover how the title is earned.

So if the title is going to be used, it does make sense to find a more meaninful way of earning it.

Ideally it ought to reflect how good you are with women in real life, but that is simply impossible.

An outright vote as to who gets the title could work, but that sort of thing can derail the focus of the board, and is liable to encourage too much cliquishness and politicking.

The most workable barometer, IMO, would be to bestow the title on those who have posted a lot of GOOD posts. That could come, indirectly, from a sort of voting process by way of the number of posts that got bumbed into the archive.

I wouldn't mind it if there were technically an *easy* way for all the regulars (regulars only) to assign a usefulness grade or "number of stars" to each post, and then that post would end up with some average rating.

For one thing, I'd click on the five star posts first when reading through old posts. Also the number of four & five star posts could serve as the the basis for any special titles.

Ultimately this is mostly for the benefit of newbies, because the regulars are sure to find out for themselves whose advice they respect and whose they don't. However, if you set it up this way it would at least provide an extra incentive for people to post GOOD stuff--quality, not just quantity.

Whew...that turned into a long post!

DeepBlue

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ralfus:
I've seen I dork at girlproblems.com with over 1500 posts!!!

You think he is a "master"?

Ralfus

Over 1500 posts at girlproblems.com! A master dork indeed. If it's the same guy I am thinking of, he has bragged about it here before too!

------------------
You either own the game or it owns you!

[This message has been edited by trickynick (edited 02-13-2002).]

PoachR75

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wouldn't the term "Girlproblems" be REDUNDANT??

he he