Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Master DJ status

jay2

Don Juan
Reaction score
I notice the deceptiveness of the "Master DJ" title . One only needs to post a certain number of posts to get the title. I feel it should be exclusive to the true DJs who add to the quality of this community.

My suggestion is a post rating system and changing of the requirements for Master DJ status.
I member will make a new thread with information, tips, etc. Upon reading, other members can vote on the quality of that advice (only the original post).
Using a 5 star system. An overall vote of 5 on a thread will give that member a +2 on their overall status.
In contrast, a vote of 1 will lower their status by -2.
3 is neutral.
Starting with 0 one would be a "Don Juan in training."
Making stupid posts and dropping down to -25 will make one an "AFC"
As one slowly progresses they can advance from "DJ in training" to "intermediate DJ" to whatever.
If one gets +50 or whatever parameter you choose, they obtain Master DJ status.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here we go again.

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's just not gonna happen.

[*] It's too complicated
[*] The Master DJ Status doesn't matter that much
[*] It would lead to too many other complications
[*] Change is hard to affect. The only change that happens quickly is simple change (e.g. take away the whole "Master Don Juan" thing)

Barbillus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread: (Copy and Paste)

While I have only been visiting this site for 6 months now..... I think 3 things need to be done to this forum.
1) Now I know it says read DJ bible at top of forum, and while I am sure it deters many newbies from initially posting, I think a lot of people still don't see it... and post their newbie questions anyway.
When someone REGISTERS their forum name then in big bold blinking red letter or something it says something like "READ THE DJ BIBLE before ever posting a topic on these forums"
In addition to the above, another option could be that when you click on the forum link on the main sosuave page.... have it go to another html page first that says to read the bible before posting. However, this might get annoying to people who dont bookmark the forum directly tho.

2) We need more moderators in all of the forums. I think that if a stupid question (one that is answered in the bible), is asked, then it should just be deleted. This will help cut down on the spam, and increase the quality of the posts in all forums.

What to look for in a moderator?
People that can give good advice.
People who know what they are talking about.
People who know how not to abuse this privledge and power.
People who know how to use restraint in deleting/locking newbie posts. Meaning they are intelligent and know the difference between a newbie post that is clearly answered in the DJ Bible and one that is not and that is worthy of not being locked/deleted.

Off the top of my head.. sorry if I forgot someone...

Some people who I think should be mods and meet all of the above qualities are:

Trickynick
Giovanni Casanova
Diesel (Health and Fitness Forum)

There are many more I'm sure.. but these are just the ones who I know post regularly and can think up off the top of my head.

3) The titles on the forum, such as 'master DJ' need to be removed. There are two ways options one can go do from here:
a) Keep titles removed permantly and let the posters come to realize over time who the good DJs are on this board.
b) make a special DJ icon that appears under ones name when they post and is given by Allen Thompson, or someone other great circle of DJs (kinda like the circle of jedi masters in Star Wars Episode 1), who has proved themselves to be well versed in the DJ ideology. One thing I notice is that a lot of people here give good advice, but there are a few who are poor writers and who organize their posts in a less than stellar manner. These people, in my opinion, should not be given this DJ icon.

4) A small star or some other icon should be placed under one's name if they make a post that is placed in the ever growing DJ Bible.

This will encourage people and give them incentive to create high quality posts... as they will be rewarded with a star by their name that will show the rest of the forum that they made a bible worthy post. It will also show that you dont just have to have a "DJ icon" (see above for what this is) by your name to give good advice and make bible worthy posts!

As for the DJ Bible... who updates this now a days? Is it still Lorenzo? BTW, Lorenzo you are the best!
If the above is true, will it always be up to Lorenzo to decide what posts get in and what posts dont?
Has Lorenzo considered expanding this to let other people help him make the DJ Bible? (see reference to council of DJs above)

Anyhow those are just some questions... I thought should be asked.