Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Married after years of dating and break-ups

movistar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was talking with a guy in the gym and he was telling me how he was married and his one year anniversary is coming up.
After a little convo about married life he told me a little about the history of his relationship. He mentioned that they broke up a few times and saw other people during a 5 year period. He said they dated for 5 years before they got married and that got me thinking about no contact and how they eventually got married and he says they maintained basic contact but dated other people.

What do you guys think about that?

Night-hawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like a chump. I'd be cautious to take advice from a guy who kept going back and eventually marrying the same woman. Unless there is way more to this story and dude.

movistar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, most of the advice I get on street sucks compared to the info I get here.
I may find out she has had three kids while they were on a break, or some other crazy scenario.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How can someone take their wife back after she bangs other men during seperation? I could never do it. They will lie and say they didn't bang anyone. You have to get into her facebook to find the truth. Dont ever take her back.

movistar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They weren't married they were dating and broke up, I don't think or he didn't mention cheating. They dated others while they were apart. They later got together an decided to get married after that

jimmy18

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends who initiated the breakup(s) and, if him, why

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
movistar said:
I was talking with a guy in the gym and he was telling me how he was married and his one year anniversary is coming up.
After a little convo about married life he told me a little about the history of his relationship. He mentioned that they broke up a few times and saw other people during a 5 year period. He said they dated for 5 years before they got married and that got me thinking about no contact and how they eventually got married and he says they maintained basic contact but dated other people.

What do you guys think about that?
Contrary to what most here are posting it's actually a good way to go about it assuming that they broke up for reasons that are not relationship breakers (cheating, abuse, craziness, drug or other addictions, incompatibility etc.)

My father was the same way with my mother he even went as far as to get engaged to another women before breaking that off and marrying my mother.

Like anything it's all about context. There's nothing wrong with coming back to someone if the issue isn't compatibility but rather timing.

Problem is that too many people return to their exes for the wrong reasons and then they are surprised that it doesn't work out even though the reason for the break up was a relationship killer.

You really need to be sure that you are not re-engaging a toxic relationship.