marriage is a dying idea?

Do you see yourself getting married at one point?

• Yes

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • No

Votes: 27 84.4%

• Total voters

dk1990S111

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I want to see what your guys opinion is on this. Something I have been thinking about a lot. I dont mean to beat a dead horse about the social media thing but it is a big part of why I think this. Seems to me like I find it hard to believe I will find a girl that I would want to marry.

Lots of contributers to this:
-Little by little it is more acceptable for girls to sleep around with guys they barely know (good for a PAU but bad for a potential wife)

-I for one dont see myself commiting to a girl that has been sleeping around for years and then decides she has had enough d!ck so now its time to get married. Fvck that.

-social media gives them a highly inflated ego and tons of orbiters (options) that most guys do not get from their own social media. As soon as she feels like she isnt getting what she "deserves" then she will start looking at options.

-seems like BPD applies to a lot more of the girls these days than in the past (I am speaking from looking at my parents friends and family members at their own age). They might not be full on BPDs but I look at a lot of the girls I know, even my sister, and see BPD traits. It just seems like it is hard to find a sane girl now.

Theres a few more points that have been flowing through my head lately but its hard to remember them all right now lol

I am not pissed about this, more like I just dont really see marriage as an option anymore. Might have to do with all the red pill ideology teaching me a thing or two.

What do you guys think? Do you see yourself getting married one day?

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no chance in hell atm

females are unfortunately becoming socially dominant and extremely autocratic

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bingo-Player said:
females are unfortunately becoming socially dominant and extremely autocratic
If you believe that, then you are deluded. As long as you are socially confident, then you can do whatever anybody else can but even better.

- comic_relief

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would you want to get married when most married couple are getting divorced within 5 to 10 years of marriage?

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
It's not marriage that scares me, it's divorce. And all the sh*t that happens afterward.

mikey2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think very few people can be happily married. Ultimately you end up divorced or remain married for kids, or in an unhappy marriage. Marriage is a dead institution.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nismo-4 said:
It's not marriage that scares me, it's divorce. And all the sh*t that happens afterward.
Exactly. For many people, divorce will be the single most traumatic and economically devastating event in their life. And since divorce rates stand at 50% and are rising, we are talking about a lot of people. Unless divorce laws change, I can't imagine marriage surviving as an institution. Marriage was originally conceived as an economic contract, and also as a way to forge social and political alliances (if you were part of the ruling class). It has long since ceased to serve those purposes. There are no practical reasons for getting married these days. It's all based on tradition and fuzzy concepts like "commitment".

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mikey2012 said:
I think very few people can be happily married. Ultimately you end up divorced or remain married for kids, or in an unhappy marriage. Marriage is a dead institution.

Guys need to go the pre nup route.

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mikey2012 said:
And you mess up your kids psychologically as well. Single parent family et al.

dk1990S111

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
looks like my worries are shared with pretty much everyone here. Granted most guys on this planet will still go through life thinking that they have to get married to be considered normal.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not a chance I will get married.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The sanctity of marriage suffered a lot in the last generation (babyboomers). Many of my peers experienced a break up of parental marriage. Between my parents and their siblings, there have been SEVEN divorces, though four of those coming from only two individuals.

Divorce is too easy these days, characteristic of the over-abundance of choice afforded to 'Westerners' in particular. An Iraqi colleague of mine mentioned that divorce is extremely rare in the Muslim community; socially, it is near impossible for a woman to get re-married and a divorced man is also very unlikely to find another spouse, if he is known to have been married previously. This I suppose might be considered harsh in the 21st C, but really, it means those going in to marriage (by choice) are far more accountable for their actions. It's a bad example though owing to the incidence of arranged marriage.

I like to think that everyone my age will have reflected upon the downfall of this sacred union in the last century; but the cynical side of my mind tells me that a good half of them have in fact rushed in to it, still.

I would not marry right now. I would need to trust a woman, which is unlikely any time soon! Society will have to changed and devolve back to more simple pleasures. But maybe one day. Time will tell.

adam225

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
YawataNoKami said:
Marriage.........the ultimate sh1t test.
:crackup: absolutely BRILLIANT ! HAHA

I agree though.... It's like selling your soul.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dk1990S111 said:
So I want to see what your guys opinion is on this. Something I have been thinking about a lot. I dont mean to beat a dead horse about the social media thing but it is a big part of why I think this. Seems to me like I find it hard to believe I will find a girl that I would want to marry.

-Little by little it is more acceptable for girls to sleep around with guys they barely know (good for a PAU but bad for a potential wife)

-I for one dont see myself commiting to a girl that has been sleeping around for years and then decides she has had enough d!ck so now its time to get married. Fvck that.

-social media gives them a highly inflated ego and tons of orbiters (options) that most guys do not get from their own social media. As soon as she feels like she isnt getting what she "deserves" then she will start looking at options.

-seems like BPD applies to a lot more of the girls these days than in the past (I am speaking from looking at my parents friends and family members at their own age). They might not be full on BPDs but I look at a lot of the girls I know, even my sister, and see BPD traits. It just seems like it is hard to find a sane girl now.

Theres a few more points that have been flowing through my head lately but its hard to remember them all right now lol

I am not pissed about this, more like I just dont really see marriage as an option anymore. Might have to do with all the red pill ideology teaching me a thing or two.

What do you guys think? Do you see yourself getting married one day?
It's a dying "institution". It's a completely unfair contract. In the past women were expected to keep the home and so it was semi equitable to enrich a woman as she wasn't able to pursue a career and be a full time mother. However the side benefit is that this kept the social dynamic of male dominance in order so women who didn't work were in a sense subservient thus keeping with the biological imperative.

However now that's no longer the case and there's a level of backlash to the prior gender roles which has caused women to feel as if they are entitled because previous generations of women were "oppressed".

Therefore the marriage contract is no longer equal when women are no longer in a subservient role, yet men get the short end of the stick because they'll still pay more they has less custodian rights etc.

If the contract was actually equitable and enforced as such perhaps we'd see less divorces.

Any man who gets married under the current marriage laws and legal interpretations without a pre-nup should be 5150'd

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
The_411 said:
However the side benefit is that this kept the social dynamic of male dominance in order so women who didn't work were in a sense subservient thus keeping with the biological imperative.
It's only now they realize swapping out children and a man who was solely devoted to her for a cubicle, abortions and another man who's not devoted to her (her boss) was the biggest mistake they ever made despite how many times ugly high IQ j@wish intellectuals continually shout in her ear to the contrary during her wyminz studies classes.

What are we up to now ? 1 out of every 4 Western women are now on antidepressants and statistically are now the unhappiest they have ever been is quite telling.

As for marriage dying. Well that was always a gimmie. Our handlers realized the strength that came from a strong family unit and that was the only thing standing in the way of a population totally dependent on the state, so logically it had to go.

latinnova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Been there, done that. If you are a man in America, you are absolutely out of your mind to get married. How does it benefit you? Chances are stacked highly in your favor that you will get a divorce (1 in 2) and it will be initiated by your wife, not you. With that said once she leaves she will take half of all your assets, including the 401k, the house, the vehicles, etc...and she will get the kids with her even though she was the one cheating. And on top of that, you will have to pay a great deal of money on child support a month, which is fine for the kids, but more then likely only 10-20% will actually go towards the kids. So fvck a bunch of marriage. And if u do, well u have been warned and it's all on you.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
dk1990S111 said:
Seems to me like I find it hard to believe I will find a girl that I would want to marry.

Marriage may not benefit Western men in the 21st century, but you can't fight the system so you have to adapt accordingly. I think a lot of guys on here want to get married, they just don't want to be taken to the cleaners afterwards, or put up with all the constant nagging that goes with it.

If something doesn't suit you, change the parameters so it does. Get a prenup, increase your earning potential, increase your know-how. And if you make enough money and are comfortable with yourself, it will be very difficult for her to leave after she reaches a certain age.

You can get married, just have to protect yourself. :up: