Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Marijuana/Cannabis

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker:
what actually pisses me off is, as some of you know I'm a recovered/recovering drug addict (hard drugs, not this bull**** here), and i saw many a men who have could have been saved from relapse if they would have been just told the god damn truth. dude, if it will calm you down go smoke a joint. AA takes the stance that any mind altering substance is a relapse so i have seen guys with 6, 8 months, one guy with 3 years clean, call his sponsor and his sponsor told him to basically suck it up, when if the guy could have just lit a joint and eased his mind he would have made it through he night. thousands of dollars and a blown sobriety date later…
I went through alcohol counseling once and attended about a dozen AA meetings. I wasn’t an “alcoholic” but I was slipping down the slurry, slowly spiraling slope of stupor towards it. I loathed every minute of AA, but I saw how they had hit rock bottom of rock bottom and desperately needed some higher power to regain control themselves, so they have a hard time seeing how anything other than a totally clean life of sobriety from chemical influences can be beneficial. But yeah, the fact is weed is an “exit drug” from harder drugs. Studies show alcoholics do equally if not better in treatment and have longer sobriety if they partake in weed; not only is the high safer, but it protects brain cells from the damage of alcohol.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't smoke but have nothing against it, I've banged plenty of girls that smoke but to be honest, it kind of sucks when most girls i meet do smoke and that is one big incompatability right off that bat.

pinhas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Like some said, smoking before going out with the intent of picking up girls isnt ideal, because you will be more "inside yourself". But smoking with a girl you already know could be a great experience.

For me, weed helps me "connect the dots" between all the things that go on inside my head, and I often become quite the conversationalist and eloquently express myself, which turns them on because we start talking about things that normally people shy away from. I had some great realizations and epiphanies while being high, and opposed to popular belief that when you sober up you will see how stupid they were, they make perfect sense.

ScottMustaine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Using drugs to get girls ?

You mad ?

I could understand if you were musician or something who needs creativity to expand horizons. But don't do any kind of psychoactive drugs and substances...

Hell, alcohol is still safer in my opinion than marijuana. Although more addicting, it less affects memory.

My friend is hitting alcohol for almos 7 years. When he's not drunk, he acts normal.

On the other hand his other friend who's been hitting weed for 3 years, whether with or without weed, he's in slowmotion, talking slowly and can't even remember the number of his street.

All in all if you need bit of confidence in start, hit the alcohol to buzz you.

But in the long run , accept the failure and move on, you'll be better !

Plus you're more in control when you're not on psychoactive substance, while those girls are not that much. ;)

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ScottMustaine said:
Hell, alcohol is still safer in my opinion than marijuana. Although more addicting, it less affects memory.

My friend is hitting alcohol for almost 7 years. When he's not drunk, he acts normal.

On the other hand his other friend who's been hitting weed for 3 years, whether with or without weed, he's in slow motion, talking slowly and can't even remember the number of his street.
How old is your friend’s friend? You’re only 17 years old and at your age you aren’t hanging around people who are much older than yourself. Nobody who’s 14 years old should be smoking pot or drinking. There is a gigantic galaxy of developmental difference between 14 and 18. It's the reason why you never see freshmen playing sophomores or seniors at football: even one year of difference is huge. Science is conclusive that marijuana does not change someone’s fundamental personality, motor skills, or memory, so either your friend’s friend was already that way to begin with or he began abusing at a very young age. Frankly, I don’t think anyone should partake in pot until after graduating high school, and I know that takes away from some of the fun of youth.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deep Dish said:
If you enjoy it, do it. It's helluva better than drinking. Just keep it light.Truer words have never been spoken.You receive heat because your position is hysteria.

Whenever you hear about the supposed “long-term” effects of marijuana, you should bear in mind that “long-term” is less than six weeks. Marijuana obviously impairs memory and cognition while someone is blitzed out of their mind, but in the morning and the days after those lingering effects are minimal, if barely noticeable, and are effectively gone by six weeks. There is no neurotoxicity. In fact, a person who has practiced a skill while stoned will actually perform exactly the same, if not a little better, on skills tests, because stoners learn to compensate. In college, stoners score slightly higher grades and earn more money in their careers than non-stoners; it’s only in high school where there is an association with delinquency.

The studies which prohibitionists cite of brain damage are always lab rats based on synthetic marijuana, studying some isolated chemical interaction, but not real marijuana with real people, which places into question the relevance of the studies even if true. The context of lab rats in drug research, usually by the National Institute on Drug Abuse, is to extrapolate the findings to children—it certainly may be true the cerebral development of children and young teenagers may become permanently impaired, in memory and cognition, but we're all adults here. There's simply no compelling evidence of lasting cognitive deficiencies in adults. For fück sake, Cheech Marin of Cheech & Chong beat Anderson Cooper at Jeopardy!

“High Times” for $800, Alex.
It doesn't matter who Cheech Marin even is you are using anecdotal evidence to back up your claims. And I never claimed it would make a person outright stupid, but it would make their cognition worse than what it could be if they hadn't smoked. In addition to the science I posted in my earlier post, my teacher for Pyschopharmacology also taught us the same thing.

And she happens to be the associate director of neurology at Johns Hopkins. Which is the #1 neurology department in the United States.

I'm not taking my sources out of tinfoil hat websites or Alex Jones, this sh!t isn't hysteria but actually from pretty credible sources.

Second you also mention lingering effects that are barely noticeable, and that is the point. Even small amounts of marijuana still in your blood for 5 days can mimic anandamides and cause an effect. Just because you don't notice it doesn't mean your cognition hasn't changed a bit.

And in many experiments they didn't use synthetic marijuana as you say but straight up THC, the same one in marijuana and also the most psychoactive ingredient in marijuana.

http://www.quartetfest.ca/documents/13193/Mallet_et_al_1996.pdf

I posted that as one example.

It also didn't come from any institute for drug abuse as per your request

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All of the research that gets government funding starts out with the goal of proving that drugs are bad. That's how they get the grant. The research showing lack of harm from pot usually comes from scientists who are too ethical to lie to the government when they find the opposite of their intended result. And then of course that's the last time they ever get government money.

The best research subjects for the results of long-term pot use live in Jamaica and Belize, places where a lot of people smoke constantly. Some of the old guys have been toking every day for 50 or 60 years. And they don't have lung cancer, brain damage, or reefer madness.

dutchmaster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Serg897 said:
In general I find that weed makes me over-think and over-analyze, which can be the downfall of any man who wants to keep himself in check when it comes to women or just dealing with negative emotions. However, it can be fun sometimes. I say do it very sparingly.
I'm the opposite. I mean I over think but I think correctly. If I get hung up on a chick or upset about something a girl I did and I go and get high my mind state quickly becomes something like that "man phck that b!tch, the hell do i care for I'm a man" Sure you can think this sober but it's harder to convince yourself. When I'm high I'm sold right away

Depends on the person. I smoke a few times a week and it hasn't really gotten in the way. In fact it helps with keeping a cooler/laid back demeanor

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
Not my forte. I've noticed people who smoke weed tend to be a lot more introverted and generally just keep to themselves. Sitting in a room getting high to me, is boring. I would rather be out drinking and socializing with people.

Kenny Powers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
as someone who minored in smoking bud in college I can say confidently that the world would be much better if people just sparked up a j every now and then. Katt Williams speaks the truth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWhUqo9Aivs

Be careful with girls though, some are turned off by guys who smoke. Hpwever i know a girl who smokes maybe a few times a years tops but dates a dude who smokes pretty much everyday.

Hippie and hippster girls though are often down to smoke. And a good way to to get to know them better is to chill and smoke. You can usually tell by a girls vibe. If she is chill and has a lot of guy friends she probably smokes. If she likes hip-hop (not just mainstream), house music and/or weird indy stuff she probably smokes.

BE CAREFUL THOUGH! I'm terrible around girls i dont know well when high. Alcohol however makes me awesome :). So know how it affects you and act accordingly.

That being said i usually keep some emergency weed in my house in case i meet a girl at a bar who likes weed so i can invite her back to smoke and do other fun activities.

Alex DeLarge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to smoke weed on personal time and/or with friends, but I get super sketched out if I'm around a girl who I'm not chill with yet.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Arcbound,

You said “Granted marijuana perhaps can be used for other things like medical marijuana, but it is not good at all for your mind.” I interpreted that to mean you only support medical purposes, dismissing personal / leisurely / recreational / fun / creativity purposes. Since the original poster was speaking on game, and I was thinking in the broader general context, perhaps there was a miscommunication (over “for other things”—are there any things other than medical which are okay?), but if you really do only support medical purposes, dismissive of other reasons, then your argument seems out of proportion and thus came off as hysterical. I do not question the veracity of the research you cite but its proportional relevance. I think for most people in favor of weed for personal / leisurely / recreational / fun / creativity purposes, the benefits of heightened senses, heightened creativity, relaxing calm, fun, and so forth, far outweigh the lingering, vanishingly small, barely noticeable, temporary costs of cognitive function. Weed isn’t ‘perfect’ on the brain but many people follow the philosopher Voltaire’s advice of not letting ‘perfect’ be enemy of the good.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deep Dish said:
Arcbound,

You said “Granted marijuana perhaps can be used for other things like medical marijuana, but it is not good at all for your mind.” I interpreted that to mean you only support medical purposes, dismissing personal / leisurely / recreational / fun / creativity purposes. Since the original poster was speaking on game, and I was thinking in the broader general context, perhaps there was a miscommunication (over “for other things”—are there any things other than medical which are okay?), but if you really do only support medical purposes, dismissive of other reasons, then your argument seems out of proportion and thus came off as hysterical. I do not question the veracity of the research you cite but its proportional relevance. I think for most people, in favor of weed for personal / leisurely / recreational / fun / creativity purposes, the benefits of heightened senses, heightened creativity, relaxing calm, fun, and so forth, significantly outweigh the lingering, vanishingly small, barely noticeable, temporary costs of cognitive function.
Kk I can agree with that !