Marijuana before working out??

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PLEASE IF YOU ARE UNEDUCATED ABOUT MARIJUANA DON'T POST!!!

Arnold used to smoke a joint before lifting weights. Now you don't even have to smoke anything you can just use a vaporizer which doesn't hurt your lungs. Some of ganja's effects would aid with growth. So please only people with knowledge of this plant post but would it be a good aid to working out?

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lawrence Taylor snorted coke and broke legs. Does cocaine make better football players? Probably not. Plus Arnold did one other thing that may have helped growth: steroids.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bud_2005 said:
PLEASE IF YOU ARE UNEDUCATED ABOUT MARIJUANA DON'T POST!!!

Arnold used to smoke a joint before lifting weights. Now you don't even have to smoke anything you can just use a vaporizer which doesn't hurt your lungs. Some of ganja's effects would aid with growth. So please only people with knowledge of this plant post but would it be a good aid to working out?
That Arnold thing is a myth. You don't get to be 8-time Mr. Olympia by blazing before every workout.

But to answer your question, yes, I used to do it. I no longer smoke before lifting because I feel it negatively affects my strength, and I am primarily a strength athlete. Maximal poundages + weed= bad idea.

When I was more into bodybuilding, I found it helped with the mental aspect of really focusing on a lot of reps and volume.

Physiologically weed has been shown to lower your serum test levels (while you are high), so that right there is reason enough to not smoke before a workout. Where smoking really helps training progress is in the appetite augmentation and it's promotion of deep, restful sleep.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
Seen it. He blazes one time one camera and all of a sudden potheads claim he smokes before every workout.
If he is willing to do it on camera, then what is stopping him from doing it off camera??

She_feelin_Me

Don Juan
Reaction score
I use to smoke an L before I worked out...Not to the point your skyy high but have a nice lil buzz going on. It helps you concentrate on your workout well for me it did...I hit the bike for 30mins hard and time flies and I didnt even notice it. Hitting the weights with ease. I guess it helps you concentrate on whatever you are doing

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
I'm pretty sure he parties after a workout, not before.

Him and his buddies used to load their truck up with weights and go into the woods where they would do nothing but drink beer and lift. Arnold tells this in many of his interviews (and if I remember in one of his books.)

I wouldn't be suprised if they were smoking it up too.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Say what you want about marijuana but I know myself I wouldn't be able to get the gains that I do w/o getting the munchies. I'm just a light eater and marijuana changes that for me.

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bud_2005 said:
Say what you want about marijuana but I know myself I wouldn't be able to get the gains that I do w/o getting the munchies. I'm just a light eater and marijuana changes that for me.
Why not just drink high calorie shakes if you know you need more to eat? Let's be real: you just like blazing up and getting high. The truth is that that stuff doesn't do anything. I played football with 3 guys who smoked weed that I knew of and one went to the league out of the three. The thing is that the guy gave everything on the field and in the weightroom and made himself a success.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I love blazing but as long as it does not interfere with my training I don't see it being a problem. I'm sure Ricky Williams was toking at Texas and he had some excellent years. It didn't seem to hurt Percy Harvin at Florida any either.

saber

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
only if you get really really unreasonably stoned....

i have gotten really high and done some benching with the safety rack and it worked well

however its only worth trying once ...i usually smoke right after i workout before my protein shake

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The video is the very end of "Pumping Iron" a documentary made back in the mid 70's. Arnold at his finest. In this they are celebrating Arnolds victory in the Olympia and Lou Ferrigno's B Day. Its funny