Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Man! I feel like a Woman!

Freeheart

Don Juan
Reaction score
Many posts have tried to explain the attraction a woman has to a man in terms of our evolution from living in caves. They have said that it calls to her basic need for physical safety, for status (and thus social safety), and for procreation with a good gene pool.

Arguments against it have said that women think about what they are doing, and they look for more sophisticated attributes than strong build, good looks, and status.

Both sides have it right -- women respond to deep callings for strength in a man, yet those callings are updated for today's complex world. Here's a conversation I had last night with a girlfriend.

Her: "I want a strong man."

Me: "Yeah, one who makes me feel like a woman!"

Her: "Exactly! Only a man can make me feel like a woman. I want him to take the lead. I'll run my business, pay my bills -- I'll compete hard every day in my world, and I'll come out on top. But when it comes to my man, I want to let go and surrender."

Me: "I'll choose a man who leads me where I want to follow."

Her: "An alpha male."

Me: "There's only one in every group, you know."

Her: "Yeah, but I know I'm worth it. I'm the best, and I deserve The Man!"

Me: "He's somebody I can exalt. I have the power to make a man more than he is, more than he believes he can be. I want to put my power to work with someone who has enough potential to make use of that kind of power. An alpha male is the man for me, too."

Her: "I think a strong man goes better with a strong woman because she adds to his power and enhances it instead of draining it. Most men feel intimidated by me being strong. I can do a lot of things as well or better than they can."

Me: "I know what you mean. You feel like you have to pull back so they won't feel emasculated. You can't go all out, or they can't lead any more, because you're out in front. You have to find somebody 'more' than you so you can follow without pulling back."

Her: "He should be a manly man."

Me: "I like muscles. And shoulders. The man I'm most attracted to right now is 13 inches taller than me and built like a wrestler."

Her: "Shoulders!" <laughs> "I feel so tiny next to my guy, the one I'm eyeing -- he's six-six, and strong. But I feel protected and safe."

Me: "I like tucking up under his arm. I feel kind of shallow when I think those things, but that's the way I feel."

Her: "Well, you know, it's like it's genetic, going back through evolution to be attracted to a strong male, because it keeps the race going."

Me: "I think there are other reasons. Say he's good at fixing things, like cars or faucets, or computer code. That gives me the idea that he'll carry that trait through to fixing things like relationships. The same tenacity, creativity, and intelligence that he applies to fixing objects he'll apply to fixing things between us."

Her: "He won't just give up."

Me: "Or suppose he is adventurous, and likes boat racing or mountain climbing or entrepreneurial start-ups. Those traits might apply to an adventurous relationship that doesn't stagnate, and continues to be refreshed with new inputs and excitement."

Her: "Evolution gets an update through our selection filters." <laughs>

Freeheart

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, folks, if you don't want to see chick dialogues, I won't post them any more.

Powertrip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not that we dont appreciate the chick dialogue, its that we don't enjoy it.

It's like you're sitting around BS'ing yourselves about physical traits and thinking that they translate into a "whole" person.

Some of the strongest guys I know are also the weakest, emotionally.. The ones who are the best at fixing things are the worst at communicating.. The most adventurous are also the biggest flakes.

Basically, in contradicting yourself enough times, you have reinforced the general belief on this board that women don't know what the hell they want.

------------------
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -Hunter S. Thompson

Freeheart

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Powertrip:
It's like you're sitting around BS'ing yourselves about physical traits and thinking that they translate into a "whole" person.
Is it somehow different than when guys scan a room and choose their target based on her looks? You gotta start somewhere, and so do we. That doesn't mean we end there, just like you don't either.

I agree with what you said about the contrasts that happen when one crosses boundaries between fixing and communicating, or adventure-seeking and flakiness. Just like I see the contrasts that men complain about when the beautiful woman is vacant, or the focused woman is a control-freak. Of course I know that there is a lot more to learn about someone than one gets by scratching the surface. Duh. But one's surface can make a difference in the attraction quotient, too.

Anyway, if it's that uncomfortable to know what we're saying and thinking, then I won't bother. Seems to me that I see a lot of posts wondering, "What can I do to improve my initial attraction quotient?" and "What are some areas for improvement?" so I thought it would help.

But I was obviously wrong.

Jake Steed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Okay, folks, if you don't want to see chick dialogues, I won't post them any more." --Freeheart

Freeheart, just as I'm about to go post some kudos to you, you go and say an attention-wh0re thing like this. Come on. Relax baby.

Now that I've chastized you, I can thank you. I think this is a great example of how women really think. This is an awesome post. Especially about how, no matter how great you are, you still look for a man who's "better" than you.

For example, if a woman is a doctor and makes $200K, she almost always finds a man who makes $400K. I've always pointed this out and taken a lot of flak from the puzzy fvck-ups over at gp.com. I'm glad you can admit to this.

You want a man who can dominate in any situation (yes even dominate you at times, like slapping his red hand print on your ass), who's bigger, better, and stronger than you. Someone you can melt for and become a weak, helpless little girl with.

Jake

xniceguy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women want men, case closed.

(Read the "Be A Man!" post for more)

------------------
Chicks don't think. Chicks feel.

Galactus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Freeheart:
Okay, folks, if you don't want to see chick dialogues, I won't post them any more.
Cool.

UnimagnbleBstard

Don Juan
Reaction score

Her: "Exactly! Only a man can make me feel like a woman. I want him to take the lead. I'll run my business, pay my bills -- I'll compete hard every day in my world, and I'll come out on top. But when it comes to my man, I want to let go and surrender."
And this is exactly why I don't respect 90% of women out there. You want to be dominated and then wonder why you're treated like s#it. If you're under me then you're not equal to me and I'll probably stop viewing you as a person, I think this is the point where misogyny set in for me. I simply cannot respect this weakness, and yes I have very similar feelings for pu$$y whipped men.

Her: "I think a strong man goes better with a strong woman because she adds to his power and enhances it instead of draining it. Most men feel intimidated by me being strong. I can do a lot of things as well or better than they can."
But you're not strong; you're a whiny little girl who needs her diaper pulled up for her. You won't compliment a man; you'll just drag him down. If you want a god on your arm you need to be a goddess, not some peasant.

Yeah, I'm being harsh, but now you know what at least one man thinks about this attitude; and why women with it usually get treated like $hit.

[This message has been edited by UnimagnbleBstard (edited 03-11-2002).]

Freeheart

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by UnimagnbleBstard:
If you want a god on your arm you need to be a goddess, not some peasant.

Yeah, I'm being harsh, but now you know what at least one man thinks about this attitude; and why women with it usually get treated like $hit.
Thanks for saying what you think of it. I appreciate the feedback. Don't entirely understand it yet, but I appreciate your response.

The first quote of "Hers" that you pulled was exactly what my friend said. I took it under consideration, and am still thinking about it, but I haven't decided yet. It doesn't ring true for me somehow, for the way I like to do things.

I agree with you that one must be a goddess to match a god. Don't know where you got the peasant idea. I believe a woman should work as hard as her man, in her way, to maximize herself and him.

I saw your Mysogynist post, and I would like to clarify that I wouldn't call my post a typical convo between typical women. Yes, 90% of women don't deserve the respect they crave because they don't earn it. I believe respect has to be earned. Simply having two X-chromosomes is not enough, and indeed, in our culture, is often a disadvantage because of the entitlement that is instilled.

You and I may see eye-to-eye more than you believe. I'd like to find out more. Just because 90% of women disappoint you, for your own sake you shouldn't write them off. It may simply mean that you have high standards, and you can't afford to play the averages.

Amlothi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it somehow different than when guys scan a room and choose their target based on her looks? [/B]
I think Powertrip's point (and if not his, than mine atleast) was that you started off talking about wanting a strong man and immediately intepreted that into a physical form all the while saying that you aren't basing it on looks. It's sort of contradictory.

As you said, men browse by looks. However, we don't try to cover it up by saying "we are trying to peer into her mind and see how smart she is" when we are really trying to undress her. Get it?

------------------
"There are no such things as mixed signals when it comes to women, there is reality and what the guy wants to be reality." - Don Phenom

Freeheart

Don Juan
Reaction score
Amlothi and Powertrip, I was not trying to "cover up" anything. Maybe I didn't present it well the first time, so I'll try to patch it up here.

My friend and I consider physical appearance to be part of the overall package, not the key element. When we were talking, I think we both found it to be astonishingly coincidental that the men we were attracted to were strong physically besides their other attributes. The reason that we found it surprising is that there is a whole cultural thing (you know this, too) that says the physical isn't supposed to count -- that we should only consider the emotional and intellectual attributes. We're supposed to override our physical and sexual yearnings in order to be politically correct.

Well, hell with that. We recognized that physical attraction is significant to us. If we can earn the cream of the crop because of our extraordinary talents or attractiveness, then we should not settle for less.

Say that E = emotional attractiveness, and P = physical attractiveness. If we can earn E + P, should we really settle for E alone? I don't think so. So we go about selecting the same way you do -- trying out relations and seeing how they go, tweaking our standards and improving our selections, until we end up with the E + P combo we like best. The top of the line females will naturally have better fields to choose from than other females. The better combos will be found in the better fields.

You guys know how this works. You do the same thing. And no, I wasn't trying to hide anything or pretend anything. I wish I knew what triggered that response from you.