Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Male 8s

women haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
I'm short, ugly, and fat. But I do have the gift of gab when I'm in the zone and I know how to pick the weak ones in the herd. I'm more of a "get in where you fit in" realist, than a "looks don't matter" idealist.
Sometimes that is just as important....

AW1983

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
I know how to pick the weak ones in the herd.
LOL, that's hilarious dude. I imagine you being like the main guy from Tao of Steve. :up:

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I imagine you being like the main guy from Tao of Steve.
I kind of look like that guy. So not an 8 here.

http://images.zap2it.com/images/celeb-17412/donal-logue-0.jpg

But he isn't a 2 either so we're in the middle I guess.

When I was skinnier I used to get Trey Anastasio a lot.

http://listeningroom.lohudblogs.com/files/2009/07/tjndc5-5ig0i88l9c911vk9vdiy_layout1.jpg

I guess I'm a Donal Logue with glasses or a chubby Trey Anastasio.

And I'm about a 5. Not that it matters in your 30s. Maturity, a sense of fun, and money are more important.

disgustipated

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm about a 5 or 6. Guys don't be frontin trying to say you're a 5 lols. If you don't get passed over or completely ignored when dining out at Arby's(cuz that the only place your girl will be seen with you) then quit dreaming you aint no 5 like me.

Seriously, if girls aint completely looking the other way when you gotta take your shirt off or going blind from your farmer's tan, then homeboy step.... yoos a 4 or lower.

Get your games up.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
The reason I ask is because most of the posts on here where the guy mentions his looks, he usually says he's an 8. And there was a poll awhile back and I think something like 40% said they were 8s. Then there were guys who said they were 9s and 10s also.
Sounds like me zekko. I would say I am a solid 7.5-8 easy... My only problem is I am vertically challenged. I am 5'6'' to 5'7''. I have NO qualms stating what I feel is me on a rating scale. If I were taller, got my finances in order and upped my confidence I would be a monster.

Yeah, but I feel my rating of myself is fair. No way am I saying a 9 or 10, but 8 is a fair assumption. If I work out a little harder in a month, my build will be very tight as well.

I use my rating to gauge what I can pull.. Anything I fell my rating or lower is free game. I may be able to pull 8.5-9, but there is NO way I am aiming for that.

I have been going through a lot of garbage last several months as well as a break up I have NOT taken very well. Plus my job is graveshift and I do not get enough sleep. As a result, all of this makes me very moody!! If you account for finances and my current personality, my 8 rating would be way off.. I would give myself a 5. I am talking strictly I am an 8 looks only. A few years ago I posted several good pics on hot or not, I averaged around a high 8 to 9.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
I'm more of a "get in where you fit in" realist, than a "looks don't matter" idealist.
There's an interesting dichotomy here between the "get in where you fit in" attitude, and the guys who say they would rather try for an 8 or 9 and fail than settle for someone less attractive. Not sure which is right, although I tend to lean toward your viewpoint. I think a lot of guys here have unrealistic expectations (sort of like a lot of women do).

To land a top chick, who has a lot of options, you have to be bringing something to the table. Also, as I've said before, I don't find HB9s to be suitable for LTRs. Too spoiled by male attention, too many options to be faithful.

disgustipated said:
Guys don't be frontin trying to say you're a 5 lols. If you don't get passed over or completely ignored when dining out at Arby's(cuz that the only place your girl will be seen with you) then quit dreaming you aint no 5 like me.
I was listening to the radio, this DJ (disc jockey) was talking about being in line at a fast food place. And when he got to the counter, the cashier leaned around him to help the person behind him. Lol.

Danger said:
This is exactly me too. Sometimes I get a lot of looks, other days I may as well not exist. I think it's random, but I definitely notice I get more looks when I'm with another girl (preselection).
Interesting. I haven't really noticed this preselection effect because when I'm out with my girl my focus tends to be on her, instead of checking out the other girls. I'm going to start paying attention.
I'm not saying I don't look when I'm with her, because I do. I just look more when I'm out on my own.

I was thinking you were probably a good looking guy, Danger, because I remember reading your story about how the girls would love on you instead of your friends because you didn't care about them. I remember thinking there had to be more than that going on. There's a limit to how well the whole indifference thing works if a guy isn't that attractive. Maybe you were more social and friendly. Or maybe you just had ugly friends :)

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol i love arby's. easily my fav fast food place. that chicken bacon swiss is off the chain. i eat one of those everyday for the rest of my life.

There's an interesting dichotomy here between the "get in where you fit in" attitude, and the guys who say they would rather try for an 8 or 9 and fail than settle for someone less attractive. Not sure which is right, although I tend to lean toward your viewpoint. I think a lot of guys here have unrealistic expectations (sort of like a lot of women do).

To land a top chick, who has a lot of options, you have to be bringing something to the table. Also, as I've said before, I don't find HB9s to be suitable for LTRs. Too spoiled by male attention, too many options to be faithful.
I think we all have that attitude just to varying degrees. I mean, if I was single and I walk in a room and a single Natlie Portman walks in the room and is talking to all the guys there, I'm not going to say I am not going to be interested but I mean, come on. I am pretty sure if I got the chance to run game on her i might be successful, her fame would not influence how i treat her, if anything i would be more militant in my actions but odds are i am not going to get that opportunity because she has a book full of A list guys who have a bank full of money and were hand crafted by god himself.

I think automatically we tend to know where our looks "top out at". I think good LTR material is your top out look wise plus .5. lol. it sounds silly but it makes sense to me. looks wise i would give my wife an 8.5 when she feels like it and puts it together. she's a shorts/sandals/tight tee shirt type gal most times than not and considering i am a leg/ feet guy i have no problem with that at all but when she actually wants to put it together and throw on a dress or a skirt and doll up you can forget it. when i saw her hte first time i was like "damn who the hell is that she is fine" but not "unapproachable, don't even bother" if that makes sense. good enough to where i could get and i had tow ork for it, but not so high to where it's just not possible. and when she saw me, she thought i was cute, but looks wise i'm nothign she can't get anywhere else. to get that extra .5 that's where the sosuave / backbreaker had to cut it on lol.

easun

Don Juan
Reaction score
Call me too rational, but 8/10 = 80%. So 20% of guys are 8 or above. But hey, that's just being rational. Who says most people are rational?

As for myself, my face is about 8/10. However, since I am only 5'9" (which is probably a 4 - below average), I am sure that drops me a few points in female eyes. However, I do have a toned, athletic body that is easily 8/10 as well. So from the physical perspective only, considering below average height (5'9"), I guess I might be a 7.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never seen the Tao of Steve. I'll have to check it out.

Here's another thing to throw in your equation. Who approaches you? What kind of women say your cute? What kind of women give you obvious attention without knowing anything about you?

Now some of us have blinders on, and we don't even see attention from those women and pine over the women who show us no attention. But if you pay attention, you might see it.

I've had women way more attractive than me do all of those things, but only after they got to know me. Which means it was my strength of character, or my game or my "inner personality" that they were attracted to. But the women who let me know 100% that they are interested on first glance, are usually women I would not want to be seen with at midnight sh1t fight on a moonless night.

easun

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's pretty rare. You'd have to be 9.5/10 to be approached often. 8/10 still isn't that hot. Hell, 20% of guys are 8/10. I don't see 20% of guys being approached. I imagine only the top 5% of guys in terms of looks get approached regularly. Don't get me wrong - I've been approached before. It's just not a regular thing; women want to know a guy is dominant.

Considering that overall dominance is a greater factor for women than looks, I agree that most women won't become overly attracted until a guy approaches and they get to know him.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
Never seen the Tao of Steve. I'll have to check it out.

Here's another thing to throw in your equation. Who approaches you? What kind of women say your cute? What kind of women give you obvious attention without knowing anything about you?

Now some of us have blinders on, and we don't even see attention from those women and pine over the women who show us no attention. But if you pay attention, you might see it.

I've had women way more attractive than me do all of those things, but only after they got to know me. Which means it was my strength of character, or my game or my "inner personality" that they were attracted to. But the women who let me know 100% that they are interested on first glance, are usually women I would not want to be seen with at midnight sh1t fight on a moonless night.
I have a theory on this as well.

A woman who goes out of their way to tell you that you are good looking or hit on you blatantly without really knowing you, just on your pure looks alone, for her to do that she has to in her mind think you are pretty hot. So basically, what i am trying to say, let's say this girl approaches me grocery store and tells me i am cute or what not. she thinks i'm good looking. let's say she is a 6. for her to think i'm good looking enough to get the nerve to approach me, I have to be about 2 points higher than what she normally is used to dating or seeing or being with. so if I think she is a 6 using the backbreaker hotness equation she thinks I'm an 8.

this is based on the theory that women do not hit on men who they are used to approaching them if that makes sense. if a girl is used to dating 7's all the time and you know she has like 2-3 oriibators why is she going to go out of her way to talk to another 7 lol?

I've never been just hit on by a girl who I thought was very good looking. I don't think lol. I mean outright hit on. not going out of their way to show me they are receptive or to show strong IOI's. i'm talking about "execuse me but you are fine as hell do you have a GF"

about a few months ago i took my son to burger king to get him a little happy meal he likes the onion rings there and there was this girl behind the counter and you know how teenage girls are running to the back and **** and giggling and turning red i knew they were looking at me and the girl was trying to ask me is that my son and I was like yeah and she was like he is so cute what is his name or what not. she could not have been older than 16. so i get his little combo meal and becuase well he's 3 lol and telling your 3 year old son that he cna't eat his happy meal utnil he gets home is like telling a grown man he can't touch the butt naked stripper that's grinding on him in the private room, it's just not happening, we ate there plus they have the little play pen. so after like 5 minutes the little waitress came up to me and told me "you forgot your receipt." so i get the receipt and it says to look on the back and on the back it says "you are so cute, call me XXX-XXXX". I knew she was looking at me like a hawk and i did not want to hurt her feelings by throwing it away so i put it in my pocket but threw it away as soon as i got home.

she was.. she was not hot by 16 year old standards but if i were single and she were 18 she would have gotten it most definatly. a solid 7. I've dated less attractive girls. IMHO she thinks i'm an 8.5-9

with that said, my wife when she is not with me gets approached like 15x more times than i do.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
I have a theory on this as well.

A woman who goes out of their way to tell you that you are good looking or hit on you blatantly without really knowing you, just on your pure looks alone, for her to do that she has to in her mind think you are pretty hot. So basically, what i am trying to say, let's say this girl approaches me grocery store and tells me i am cute or what not. she thinks i'm good looking. let's say she is a 6. for her to think i'm good looking enough to get the nerve to approach me, I have to be about 2 points higher than what she normally is used to dating or seeing or being with. so if I think she is a 6 using the backbreaker hotness equation she thinks I'm an 8.

this is based on the theory that women do not hit on men who they are used to approaching them if that makes sense. if a girl is used to dating 7's all the time and you know she has like 2-3 oriibators why is she going to go out of her way to talk to another 7 lol?

I've never been just hit on by a girl who I thought was very good looking. I don't think lol. I mean outright hit on. not going out of their way to show me they are receptive or to show strong IOI's. i'm talking about "execuse me but you are fine as hell do you have a GF"

about a few months ago i took my son to burger king to get him a little happy meal he likes the onion rings there and there was this girl behind the counter and you know how teenage girls are running to the back and **** and giggling and turning red i knew they were looking at me and the girl was trying to ask me is that my son and I was like yeah and she was like he is so cute what is his name or what not. she could not have been older than 16. so i get his little combo meal and becuase well he's 3 lol and telling your 3 year old son that he cna't eat his happy meal utnil he gets home is like telling a grown man he can't touch the butt naked stripper that's grinding on him in the private room, it's just not happening, we ate there plus they have the little play pen. so after like 5 minutes the little waitress came up to me and told me "you forgot your receipt." so i get the receipt and it says to look on the back and on the back it says "you are so cute, call me XXX-XXXX". I knew she was looking at me like a hawk and i did not want to hurt her feelings by throwing it away so i put it in my pocket but threw it away as soon as i got home.

she was.. she was not hot by 16 year old standards but if i were single and she were 18 she would have gotten it most definatly. a solid 7. I've dated less attractive girls. IMHO she thinks i'm an 8.5-9

with that said, my wife when she is not with me gets approached like 15x more times than i do.

And that's why I posed it in the form of a question. To make you guys think about it. If a chick is blatantly hitting on you, she thinks your above her level but possibly attainable. So if you look at the quality of chics who do that you can use that to gauge where you are in the game.

Just read Pook and how he talked about how women treated him as he went from skinny to buff. Same thing.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think we as males may be judging from the perspective of how we judge females based on looks. I have seen only too often examples of how bland looking taller guys get more attention than really sharp looking short to medium height guys, this is something which doesn't really bother males, when looking at attractive women.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I try not to rate myself, since it may cause me to freak out and ruin my own chance when a girl prettier than me shows interest, and who am I to deny her good taste? :D

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Ok, but in my case when I go to the gym or at school/work there are women staring at me and flirting with me but when I go out I get zero play because I'm not over 5'8" so theres more to it.
I see way too many shorter guys with good builds and sharp dressing sense with knockouts to think that height is a huge obstacle that can't be overcome.

Hell, I'm 6'4" and I literally never have girls staring at me!

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FairShake said:
I see way too many shorter guys with good builds and sharp dressing sense with knockouts to think that height is a huge obstacle that can't be overcome.

I'm 5'8 and 3/4ths lol on a good day. my wife is a few cm's short of 6'0 even.

hell i've dated a girl that was 6'3 before.

height is IMHO exactly like race. it's an issue if you make it an issue. the very few that are seriusly tHAT stuck up about it, are girls who i don't need to waste my time with anyway. girls who "won't date a guy under 6'0 under any circumstances" are girls who are still living in fairy tale land

I mean everyone has who their IDEA person is but if you see a person who is attractive that is not your idea you aren't going to not be recpectve

now girls who like tall men aren't going out of their way to oogle over me but they aren't shooting me down when i approach. actually shauna the 6'3 girl did approach me now that i think about it at a high school football game.

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try not to worry about where you lie on the "hotness scale." It's all subjective anyways. I won't rate myself but I've been called handsome and gorgeous many times by the opposite sex. The attention has especially ramped up since I've lost almost 20 lbs and added a few lbs of muscle to my frame. I've also had tons of women that could take me or leave me on my looks alone.

But, I wouldn't fret over not getting unsolicited attention from the opposite sex. All it does is boosts your ego, not get you laid or a girlfriend.
Yes you might get lucky and get approached or some girl makes it easy for you but 9 times out of 10 she won't be the girl you truly want.

Just maximize the looks you have and go for the women you want.
One of my buddies doesn't even push 5'5" and is dating a certified stunner and typically that horndog has something going on the side as well lol. I remember hanging out with some mutual acquaintances and the hottest girl there with the biggest rack I've seen was all over some very short asian guy. He seemed like a cool dude, definitely didn't fit the nerdy asian stereotype but most importantly you could tell he was comfortable in his own skin.

Don't let your dating/sex life be dictated by which women approach or smile at you, unless you're content with banging 5s and 6s because they make it easy.

Last edited:

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FairShake said:

This is true to a certain extent. I can grow easy and I look proportioned as well. The good thing about being short and working out. I have to admit what you said is true. I wish I were taller, but I do have women approaching me and I get stares.. a good bit of them. A lot of the time, ugly, fat or both pull confidence from their a$$ and their come ons are obvious.. WOW! I wish I had their confidence.

But you are right.. Good build, dress right and have looks, my height does not distract from my goals. Sure there are the ones that will NOT give short guys a chance, there are some that say they won't but will.. It is your job to find out which. Is it Gutwitch that says, "MAKE THE HOE SAY NO!?" i AGREE!

AW1983

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
Just read Pook and how he talked about how women treated him as he went from skinny to buff. Same thing.
Link please? I just started my workout routine again seriously and this sounds possibly inspirational.