Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Male 8s

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What percentage of men do you think would be rated an 8 or above? I'm mainly talking about looks here, but you can throw in other attraction factors if you want to, I don't think it's going to change the percentages much.

The reason I ask is because most of the posts on here where the guy mentions his looks, he usually says he's an 8. And there was a poll awhile back and I think something like 40% said they were 8s. Then there were guys who said they were 9s and 10s also.

This strikes me as odd because I look around me day to day and I'd say maybe 10% of guys might deserve an 8 or better. I'm no expert on male looks by any means, but judging by what I would expect and the reaction they get from women, I'd say about 10% are 8s or above.

So it seems strange that on a forum populated by guys who have problems with women, they are so much better looking than the rest of the population. 40% 8s? What's going on here? Somebody is overestimating their own attractiveness, I'm guessing.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
What percentage of men do you think would be rated an 8 or above? I'm mainly talking about looks here, but you can throw in other attraction factors if you want to, I don't think it's going to change the percentages much.

The reason I ask is because most of the posts on here where the guy mentions his looks, he usually says he's an 8. And there was a poll awhile back and I think something like 40% said they were 8s. Then there were guys who said they were 9s and 10s also.

This strikes me as odd because I look around me day to day and I'd say maybe 10% of guys might deserve an 8 or better. I'm no expert on male looks by any means, but judging by what I would expect and the reaction they get from women, I'd say about 10% are 8s or above.

So it seems strange that on a forum populated by guys who have problems with women, they are so much better looking than the rest of the population. 40% 8s? What's going on here? Somebody is overestimating their own attractiveness, I'm guessing.
i mean, how many women do you know that will say "yeah i'm a 6"

i can only speak on the encounters i have had with women. as long as i am in shape i have never had a problem attracting women. but at the same time, i could date the really really really good looking women, but i had to develop my game/ personality / style to get to that level.

you remember the price is right? well i say remember i know it's still on or at least i think it's still on, but anyway my grand dad used to drink his beer and make me watch that **** with him everyday when i was like 4 years old before i was old enough to go to school. anyway, there is this game on there where this dude or whatever is yoddling and climbingb up this mountain and whatever number or price or whatever the **** they get that's where they stop on the mountain. i loved that game lol.

anyway that's how i view attraction. your natural looks will get you in the door with a certaian calibur of women. my natrual looks would get me in the door with some very cute women. and by natural i mean, pre gym looks. not now. the ones that every one gawked like my oneitis, i was cute enough to open the door but didn't bring enough to the table to warrant dating. when i got in the gym and got really in shape, i started attracting pretty much any woman i was interested in. by attracting i simply mean, if i opened them they were receptive to my talking to them and depending on what i did from there i was game. my getting in shape allowed me access to a class of women i did not have access to before getting in shape.

pre working out i would give myself.... i would say a solid 7 to 7.5 depending on the girl's standards or what not. good enough to catch a cute girl's eye. after the gym and money i would say honestly I think i'm a 9 to a 9.5 if you calculated everything but just on pure looks i would say.... i'm a solid 8.5. i'm good looking enough to where honestly my race has never seriously been an issue with any woman i ever wanted to date. to the point where i don't know how to address guys who have the same issue. girls dig me what can i say. in our "social group" ther emight be 18-20 guys including myself and me and one other guy stick out like sore thumbs as far as looks go.

when i am in shape which is all the time i expect to be one of the better looking guys in wherever i am in. that might be somewhat conceded but **** it's true.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol BB, I knew you would respond to this. For what it's worth, I've read enough of your stories that I believe you actually are an 8. But I don't believe for a minute 40% of this forum are 8s.

The question was what percentage of guys do you think are 8s? I doubt that you consider yourself one of the 40%.

As for your race, honestly I think most girls tend to like black men, especially if they're buff, so I wouldn't let concern you.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Working out alone would have to put me at least at an 8, plus I have had a bit of cosmetic dentistry. I get my hair highligted and sometimes it is more blonde than other times, when I use spraytans I get heaps of women looking. I am under 5''8, have never really had issues over my height, although I do dress well. Yeah I have come to realise it takes more than looks to attract women, a lot of guys can testify to that, although it does help.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Genetically speaking I think no more than 20% of guys could be at least an 8, to those you have to add guys who workout and improve their body thus increasing the number but at the same time you have to substract those who get fat or skinny because of bad food and lack of sport.

No way in this world 40% of guys are 8s, not even in baywatch tv show from the 90s.

If look can be balanced with clothes ands status the same fact happens, some go up due to money and wealth or balls while others go down to lack of them or inability to show them at that moment.

ThreeStorms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say around 7.5 when was in my best form. Adding the confidence and don't give a **** attitude I had back then maybe an 8.
I was taking a chick home from nearly every party I went to (and stayed overnight of course..)

4-5 when I was the worst, around 12 years ago (very pale, skinny, ugly hair, no muscle, ****ty style)

Around 6-7 now (damn my workout is pretty much non-existing these days, and I was suffering from bad onitis for much too long)

ThreeStorms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AFAIK, the original Hotornot uses a weird algorithm where your shown rating is not the average of all given votes, but usually a lot higher than that.

AW1983

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
my natrual looks would get me in the door with some very cute women.
Yep, hate to burst bubbles but being good looking *is* an advantage when it comes to getting your foot in the door. I didn't do anything to deserve it but my parents had good genes to combine, whoopedy-doo. 40% of dudes on here rating themselves 8 on looks alone? Lol, be realistic people. I've had girls tell me I'm "kind of beautiful" (she was a photographer that wanted to shoot me), have "hollywood good looks", and one girl told me at a party not too long ago I should be a Ford model. And I still would just rate myself an 8 or 8.5...
9 is reserved for Brad Pitt types and 10 for Adonis himself.

Want to know if you're good looking? When you walk into a restaurant or bar do girls eyes pass over you or linger for a moment, sure to make eye contact? That is how you will know. I've been with average looking friends and noticed girls eyes will skip over them and stop on me. Now don't get me wrong, game is still 10x more important and I've certainly screwed up my fair share of interactions by blundering my game. We make more out of looks than we should as guys, because that's 70-80% of what matters to US in attraction. But it's maybe 20-30% for them.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It wasn't my intent for people to rate themselves in this thread, but if you want to, I guess it's cool. What's intereresting is:
So far 80% of the guys who rated themselves have said they are at least an 8. And the only guy who didn't said he used to be an 8. Hmm. I may have to upgrade that 40%. Or maybe more attractive people are more interested in rating themselves.

I don't believe in 10s. So that leaves 8 and 9 as the highest you can get. An eight or above is really an elite looking dude. And working out is important, but I don't believe the statement "I work out, therefore I am an 8".

ThreeStorms said:
I was taking a chick home from nearly every party I went to
Okay. But I don't think you have to be an eight to consistently take home girls. You just need big balls. The guys I know who bang the most women aren't the most attractive by any means. They're just very horny, and aren't reluctant to do or say anything to get some. Usually the better looking guys have wives or steady girlfriends. Or are gay lol.

ThreeStorms said:
AFAIK, the original Hotornot uses a weird algorithm where your shown rating is not the average of all given votes, but usually a lot higher than that
Yeah, I've gone through that site before and I couldn't believe how high some of the ratings were. It made no sense to me, I thought maybe people were just being very generous.
I tried out the link Second Half provided and was going through it and my ratings were very close to their numbers. I didn't know I was that good at rating people.

AlphaWhiskey said:
When you walk into a restaurant or bar do girls eyes pass over you or linger for a moment, sure to make eye contact
I'm not sure this is such an accurate test. I get a lot of eye contact from girls, but I think part of this is because of the way I carry myself and also because I tend to make eye contact myself. Then again, other days I go out and it's like I'm invisible, girls won't give me a glance. I have no idea what the difference is from one day to the other. Maybe it's just completely random. One day I was getting eye contact like crazy and I was just wearing some dirty sweatpants and a t-shirt lol, out running errands.

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome to the internet, where everyone is super handsome, hung like horses, banging 3 new girls a week, and CEOin 10k a day.

pinhas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Most say they are 8 becuase saying they are 10's will sounds pretentious and unbelievable, and no one wants to believe that they are unattractive or sub-par, so admitting they are 5-6 is out of the questions.

7-8 is a good number most are comfortable with, regardless of reality.

Rating yourself is not the most accurate gauge of your looks/personality/etc.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont believe it either zekko.

It's kind of like asking a guy how long his d1ck is...who's going to say 4.5"??

I agree with you and Danger that it appears to be totally random. Sometimes I'll get 5-6 "handsome", "hottie", or other references to my eligibility in a week. Then other times I may as well be a phantom. I do think, however, that clothing makes a BIG difference. Many guys---grown men with good jobs---dont dress well. In most women's eyes being well-dressed can bring you up at least 1 or 2 numbers.

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't consider myself good-looking at all, just passable, I suppose. One of my ex's once described me as a neanderthal, because of my rather pronounced forehead and overall big head. Girls don't find me interesting initially based on my looks alone, but things start to open up once I start talking and they realize I'm not a caveman.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AlphaWhiskey said:
Yep, hate to burst bubbles but being good looking *is* an advantage when it comes to getting your foot in the door. I didn't do anything to deserve it but my parents had good genes to combine, whoopedy-doo. 40% of dudes on here rating themselves 8 on looks alone? Lol, be realistic people. I've had girls tell me I'm "kind of beautiful" (she was a photographer that wanted to shoot me), have "hollywood good looks", and one girl told me at a party not too long ago I should be a Ford model. And I still would just rate myself an 8 or 8.5...
9 is reserved for Brad Pitt types and 10 for Adonis himself.

Want to know if you're good looking? When you walk into a restaurant or bar do girls eyes pass over you or linger for a moment, sure to make eye contact? That is how you will know. I've been with average looking friends and noticed girls eyes will skip over them and stop on me. Now don't get me wrong, game is still 10x more important and I've certainly screwed up my fair share of interactions by blundering my game. We make more out of looks than we should as guys, because that's 70-80% of what matters to US in attraction. But it's maybe 20-30% for them.
that's basically it. it's pretty simple. if girls are not constantly throwing random interst /strong IOI's at you on a constant basis you aren't an 8.

like, i mean i'm not a male model or anything but if i'm in shape, i get hit on often enough. walking in target just looking for some cherry limade minite maid (that **** is the bomb) and a girl walks by and says "umh" and you turn and she is walking by with a smile on her face. or you go to burger king and you order a fish combo meal and you look in your bag and you have all kinds of free goodies courtnsey of the cashier who thinks you are cute. do you leave the gym and you look your car and there is a random phone number that says "i think you are hot let's hang out call me". like last time we went to a little get together at our friends house who has a pool in his back yard and I took my sirt off because i was in the pool and i got out and my wife was gone taking our son to the babysitter i had like 3 girls on me like a bee was to honey without me saying a word.

i'm not saying that's an everyday in the life of backbreaker that would be false advertising but it happens often enough to know where the opposite sex finds me attractive. and enough women do that to me that i know if i open a woman she is at the very least going to be receptive to what i have to say.

After those two weeks I ended up being a 9.1 with a couple thousand votes or something, which shocked her. I guess seeing someone and growing up with them your whole life you may have a hard time equating them with a higher value.
i have a younger cousin, courtney who ironically enough looks like me we are both for some reason spitting images of my mom, she doesn't look antyhing like her own mom, apparantly men think she is quite hot. she was always like the sister i never had until i actually got my own sister loll, i used to take her to football games in high school she is 3 years younger than me, dudes would say "dude who the hell is that hook me up with her" all the time. i just can't see it but then again she's my cousin.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
that's basically it. it's pretty simple. if girls are not constantly throwing random interst /strong IOI's at you on a constant basis you aren't an 8.
Totally.

Here's a good litmus test for the "i'm an 8" dudes---go out on a weekend in a nice set of threads. I mean well-fitting, modern clothes; not over the top but not average either. Like AlphaWhisky said, if you find a lot of girls taking lingering looks or making eye-contact with you, you can rest assured you are at the very least a strong 7 when you present yourself well.

Being a good-looking man is like being on the guest list at a popular club. It gets you in the door. But once inside, you gotta have game like everybody else.

yuppaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get a lot of looks / stares when looking / feeling good and women primp for me a lot, but I don't get approached regularly. Not sure if that is because of where I live (I NEVER see or hear of dudes getting approached on looks alone), or if it's just that I think myself higher up on the scale then I really am...lulz. I have noticed that taller, though uglier guys then me will also get a lot of attention no matter the venue. So, I'm average height and I THINK I would be an 8 physically. But if you take in the whole package..........I'm a f*cking 10 ;-) mutha f*ckaaaaaaaaasssss!!!!!!!

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm short, ugly, and fat. But I do have the gift of gab when I'm in the zone and I know how to pick the weak ones in the herd. I'm more of a "get in where you fit in" realist, than a "looks don't matter" idealist.