Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Making too much noise in my dorm.

Maurizio 2.0

Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently left my roommate because he had been acting like a bi tch towards me for a while. That, and he had fallen into a deep depression, and was getting drunk EVERY day and living with him had become unbearable.

I thought - "Fine. This is ok. I'm going to move into a single (no roomate) room, that way I can have my GF over whenever I want, and I can have some personal space."

So I went ahead and did that. I have my own room now in a new building. And as I had assumed my GF comes over all the time and we have lots of sex. She's very loud most of the time, and I like it that way, and I figured with my new personal space this wouldn't be a problem.

Well aparently it still is.

I got a note attached on my door anonymously from one of my female neighnors requesting an end to the sex noises. (....she's just jealous, all my female neighbors are real nasty). It was a polite note, but still irritated and firm. She suggested that I play loud music to drown out the sex noise. This is ok some of the time i guess, but most of the time sex is spontaneous, and I don't want to get up to turn on the tunes.

I'm courteous to my neighbors and don't want to piss them off further, however I'm a bit irritated at the same time. I mean, this is my HOME. I ought to be free to do what I want. Other people can play loud music. I should be able to make loud sex noises.

This sucks, it's like there's no place where it's cool to fu ck and let loose.

- Maurizio

Bussey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell her that she can always turn HER music up. OR put headphones in. You live with neighbours all your life, and theres always rivalry. Basically tell her, you'll make sure she won't hear you guys, but that she has to pay for a portion of your rent haha, or for the sound proofing board.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Maurizio 2.0
I mean, this is my HOME.
No, it's your DORM that has very thin walls. Be courteous, play some music to cover up the noise - it's not unreasonable nor is it even remotely difficult. What's going to suck for you is if she gets the RA involved...

Dapper Swindler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BobbDobbs
Invite her over for a threesome. :)
You said it before I could.

Yeah, obviously it's not just the loud noises that are bothering her. Or else she wouldn't tell you to use loud music. She's either jealous or prudish or something about it makes her uncomfortable.

alphawolfx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tell her you'll stop with the noises when they stop playing loud music...

and that to never bother you again, you're taken (in a teasing tone)

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
leave a note on your door announcing the jealous no action getting fat b1tch can fukk off.

Caldus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It isn't that hard to put on some loud music is it? Just be a little more respectful to your hallmates. I remember being real annoyed with the people next to us because they would always keep us up until 3 AM. So I can see how she is frustrated.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's got nothing to do with jealosy. when you're trying to sleep, there's nothing worse then uncontrolable noise, whether it's loud music, water dripping, or crazy sex screams.

Maurizio 2.0

Don Juan
Reaction score
To MoM, Caldus, Diablo: Yea, I totally understand that what is due is a bit more courtesy. I know that there are a dozen offensive things I could do in response to this... all of which would just make matters worse. I'm no idiot, and I'm more willing to make small sacrifices and be diplomatic about things than be bullheaded.

I guess I'm just frustrated because I saw the whole personal space thing as one of the main benefits of this single room, and the advantages haven't materialized like I had imagined.

I kinda wish she had confronted me in person about the issue -- I know that personally I would have been more comfortable with that, and it would have given me the opportunity to appologize and disarm any anger she might have.

And by the way, none of this is at any unreasonable hour of the night -- so sleep is not the issue. Trust me, I need my sleep as much or more than the next person. I have 8AM classes.

- Maurizio

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
most dorms have quiet hours from around 11pm-8am during the weekdays...

if you were blasting any type of noises at 2am and I was trying to sleep I probably would tell you keep it quiet... (I'm sort of an RA in my dorm).

Maurizio 2.0

Don Juan
Reaction score
Like I said before -- none of this is at any unreasonable hour of the night.

Not during quiet hours.

utax

Don Juan
Reaction score
i think she is either jelous or awkward with sex noises. because if she wanted to sleep then the loud music wouldn't help either.

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think she is making an unreasonable request if she can here you in her personal space.

Albion4

Don Juan
Reaction score
How would you feel if your neighbors started doing things that annoyed you? What's good for the goose...

My suggestion is to give your girlfriend a pillow to stuff in her mouth. Problem solved...

-Al