Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Making the money, buying a house, etc

Borknagar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
**** women! like many of you, I've had some ****ty experiences, I'm not that old(32) but I'm sure nearly all 40+ guys out there will tell you, success with women isn't all that important, with success with women, comes future divorces, and, even worse, child support payments.

Partly my own motivation, and luck, as well as my LACK of women in my life, no college degree( well I have one, but it has nothing to do with the job I've worked at since several years before I got it) and I have more financial freedom than pretty much every guy who has spent their lives with women, and dealing with the financial burdens they cause. Sure I get laid, sure I pick em up, but will I ever go further? I don't need to. I've have a vasectomy, so the kids thing will never come up, I'm not foolish enough to get married, and companionship? THats what your buddies are for who have the same beliefs and ideals you do! Women can just be there for the sexual relief, nothing more. I'd rather spend time hangin out with my buddies when it comes to activities and just chillin, cause I know friends will always be there, not judging you on some low ball superficial ****!

Nuff said, think about it!

topcat2001

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this very much depends on the person. I am 33. I used to just want to sleep with women but to me that has become empty. Also perhaps not quite challenging enough for me at this time. Like one poster mentioned in a different thread this is like eating just the fleshy part of the meat. That might be all some people want. But some of us want to get to the very marrow of it. And the only way to do that is to get past the flesh and into the bone.
Also my own personal philosophy is that it is a way of personal growth. Plus in general in my life I am trying to focus on doing a few things really well and with all of my energy than too many things not that well.

Leopold

Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand your point completely... but...

Yeah!!! Tell that to a fvcking virgin like me!!
You just reminded me I'm still one :/ now i have to go ****

topcat2001

Don Juan
Reaction score
You are only 21 Leopold. No need to get so frustrated :) I was 22 when I lost my virginity. In those days Internet chat was all the rage and you could meet college/school chicks on there and 'cyber' and get started even before you met them. My first chick was my cyber friend who lived in Bulgaria and ended up here as an exchange student in the same state that I went to college in.
I would say it is good to get it over with so don't feel like you have to hold out for a hb10 to do the deed. And you are right, just focus on getting laid but don't rule it out if the opportunity comes for more.

Borknagar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because I don't want to be a broken down 40 year old with a selfish ***** of a ex taking a large sum of my money to support children. I don't even know why I even get asked why. While every other dude(who thinks I'm crazy for getting fixed) out there is broke and can't or barely survive off what they have left, I'll be laughing all the way to the bank! Cause most guys who have kids end up payin big bucks somewhere down the line. Marriages and relationships don't last, plus birth control/rubbers aren't 100%.

I've had plenty of friends say I'll regret it, I've heard it all. But several of them don't have the freedom I have now, but since their fathers now they don't have the time to hangt so I don't talk to a lot of em any more, they have to work 2 jobs to just make it. Guess they don't think I'm so crazy now!

Borknagar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leopold said:
I understand your point completely... but...

Yeah!!! Tell that to a fvcking virgin like me!!
You just reminded me I'm still one :/ now i have to go ****
yes, but whats more important to you? Getting laid or being successful?

don.dd

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear you loud and clear. If I have my way, I'd rather my kid's mom disappears after she gives birth.

the_great_gaia

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought about getting a vasectomy, because at this stage in life I don't want any kids neither. I'm almost 28, I have an 800 credit score, doing great financially, B.A. Degree in Business Administration, and F-R-E-E of a woman's wrath. Basically, the OP present life could end up being my future, but I loove children. I guess I should go ahead and get the vasectomy and if I want children later, I could adopt. I just love my freedom too much to risk it all on poon and waking up to someone's bad breath in the morning. Besides, I don't like sharing my blanket.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally would get a vasectomy if i wasn't so scared of surgeries/side effects. If another procedure is invented that involves almost no side effects I would get it in a minute.

In my opinion you have to be one sick twisted individual to bring forth children in a world as messed up as this. Even more so considering there are so many children out there wanting a home that could be adopted.
Because I don't want to be a broken down 40 year old with a selfish ***** of a ex taking a large sum of my money to support children. I don't even know why I even get asked why. While every other dude(who thinks I'm crazy for getting fixed) out there is broke and can't or barely survive off what they have left, I'll be laughing all the way to the bank! Cause most guys who have kids end up payin big bucks somewhere down the line. Marriages and relationships don't last, plus birth control/rubbers aren't 100%.

I've had plenty of friends say I'll regret it, I've heard it all. But several of them don't have the freedom I have now, but since their fathers now they don't have the time to hangt so I don't talk to a lot of em any more, they have to work 2 jobs to just make it. Guess they don't think I'm so crazy now!
This is excellent! Me personally I have always been scared to death of having children because there is always evil lurking around every man, and in this instance it is women out to trap you with an unwanted child.

You have to realize that women just do not give a f**** anymore. In the old days it was a shame to have a child out of wedlock. Women looked towards marriage first then children. Now a days women will have children out of wedlock with no shame and even from different fathers!

Now a days women will get themselves pregnant just to get child support not giving a f**** about the consequences for you/them or the child. Women will get themselves pregnant now a days to actually get revenge on you not even caring or even wanting the child! They know if they give you a child she will always be a part of your life even if you broke up with her so she can torture you forever and collect child support.
What about my parents? What about all my childhood friends' parents? They never cheated on eachother and seem happy, so how can you say their relationship didn't last? Just, what the hell. How can you say with such certainty that ALL relationships don't last? That's retarded. Clearly you have failed repeatedly, doesn't mean no one else succeeds.
Our parents come from a different era. You can't seriously compare women of the past with gen x women. Comparing women of the past to today's women is like comparing a vacuum brand that used to be made in america and used to last you a long time vs that same vacuum brand that is now made in China and you're lucky if it lasts you a year or 2.

There's plenty of stats just look at the alarming divorce rates and you can see that marriages now a days don't last.

Would you buy a car if the dealer told you that there is a 50/50 chance that it would catch on fire within 5 years?

Apply that to marriages which stats show it's like a 50/50 chance they will end up in divorce. But marriages are even worse as there are huge financial implications in divorce and that's not even mentioning emotional drama.

Any man that considers himself a smart investor would not invest in a marriage. It is a bad investment period. You can live with a woman without the need to sign your life and soul away on a piece of paper so why do it?

Last edited:

Wilko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am pretty much on the same page with the OP.

I recently wrote this in another thread:

"Without going into detailed reasons I'm not interested in marriage, kids, or any kind of co-habitation. So, what else would I want a woman for? Well...

In the last year, two girls have played the domestic goddess card (looking for a Don Draper to help them live out their Mad Men fantasies). I was intrigued at first, but that gave way to the realisation that I don't need that either, I'm already very capable at home.

How about someone to share the burden of a massive mortgage? Bahaha. Where do I start. I'll just say that I hate any kind of debt and I don't share Joe Public's neurotic obsession with home ownership. Never mind the repercussions when the personal/financial relationship inevitably sours."

Funnily enough I only read earlier today that a US housing expert is expecting the Australian market to wipe up to 60% off the price of residential homes here in Oz.

Getting back on track though. A few months ago I became genuinely debt free, no liabilities. From that moment I resolved to never go into debt again (especially not for a mortgage), I also committed to no longer spending money on things that didn't directly improve my quality of life, specifically avoiding the acquisition of things that have more to do with impressing other people.

Then, a funny thing happened.

Money started pouring into my savings account, I had no idea I had that much disposable income. I'm saving about $1200 per fortnight after expenses now, sometimes more. I'm very optimistic about my financial future, now I just have to find a way to safely protect my savings from inflation.

All of a sudden, I'm no longer a slave to anyone or anything. I can walk away at any time, change careers or location. But wouldn't you know it, that feeling of freedom is helping me enjoy my job (really a vocation) more than ever.

I feel light.

f2830000 has got it right. Marriage is like playing Russian Roulette with four bullets in the revolver.

shizz702

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I catch what you are throwing here.

It goes back to the "Disregard females; acquire currency" mantra.

I think if you just focus on bettering yourself everything falls into place. Do the do, get a good career going, buy the house, have the nice whip, etc. then you won't be depending on some ***** to validate your existence.

I'm on my grind and actually in the process of buying a house, and know once that all falls into place I will be much better off.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shizz702 said:
I catch what you are throwing here.

It goes back to the "Disregard females; acquire currency" mantra.

I think if you just focus on bettering yourself everything falls into place. Do the do, get a good career going, buy the house, have the nice whip, etc. then you won't be depending on some ***** to validate your existence.

I'm on my grind and actually in the process of buying a house, and know once that all falls into place I will be much better off.
I feel ya. Be on the grind for a while. Baby's momma going to be doing me less than i do me. Feel me?

Griever114

Don Juan
Reaction score
I will say that if that is the OPs choice, let it ride. Do what makes you happy.

However, i while i agree that women today are a FAR cry from the ones of yore, i do believe that there are some (few) worth it. Dont get me wrong, my radar is now always on high alert but i do want kids one day. Till then, im weeding out the wack-jobs.

Two roads, different journeys, both looking for happiness. Godspeed brother.