Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Making People Respect You

jglide123

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever been walking down the street, when you come across another male who is walking in the opposite direction towards you, and you wonder who will make room for the other person to walk past?

Instinctively, I'm always the guy who makes room for the other guy. It's really an act of consideration, not a fearful response from an intimidating situation.

But at work today, my co-worker was standing in the doorway when I was trying to walk by. I had enough room to get by, but it was just the fact that he didn't even make an effort to move (a simple gesture of respect).

So, any of you guys ever wonder whether people show respect/lack there of in such ways?

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's called being an as$hole and in this situation you cannot really do anything without getting into a confrontation. These people are everywhere, in the lineups, in their cars blocking a lane of traffic on purpose, at work stealing your lunch from the fridge, etc. They just have a general disrespect towards people as a whole, not just you.

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ALL
THE
TIME

Gentlemen's Rule #2: You control what you do. You do not control what others do.

So do what you do and don't worry about what others do.

MM92

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
r0cky said:
Yea, I learned this tactic from an alpha:
Just purposely bump into him, then say sorry but keep on walking.
I think this is correct, but also give him a slight threatening stare that indicates you're no idiot, while keeping polite.

I have experience in this thing, I am from a small but rough town in England. I am not a trained fighter or anything but can handle myself. When i'm out and about people respect me (in night game mostly). When I walk past they give me more than enough space, say hello etc. This isn't because i'm a big trained righter, this is because they know i'm not someone that will accept being disrespected.

You don't have to go around bashing people, but just by having respect for yourself, people will have respect for you.

jglide123

Don Juan
Reaction score
r0cky said:

I thought about doing that, but that's just a bit too confrontational for my taste. I feel like that would create more problems. The guy in question isn't a bad person, but he is kinda blustery and opinionated.

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jglide123 said:
I thought about doing that, but that's just a bit too confrontational for my taste. I feel like that would create more problems. The guy in question isn't a bad person, but he is kinda blustery and opinionated.
How would accidentally bumping into someone create problems? Unless there's something mentally wrong with him, he will learn his lesson that when he stands in front of the door, he gets bumped into. In a way you're giving him value by teaching him something.

jglide123

Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:
How would accidentally bumping into someone create problems? Unless there's something mentally wrong with him, he will learn his lesson that when he stands in front of the door, he gets bumped into. In a way you're giving him value by teaching him something.

For one, it would've been obviously intentional, seeing as how he wasn't completely blocking my path. I kinda had to slip by just a little bit. It was rude of him to make no attempt to move, but I just didn't think that would've been the right way to handle it. Also, the microwave were I work is right inside the doorway in the kitchen and he was using it. He works two jobs, so I think he was just tired and in a defiant mood.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
r0cky said:
Yes, I'd clip him with my shoulder a bit.

I was the pitcher in softball game once and there was a popup on the first base line. I could see from the corner of my eye the batter was trying to charge me but and I leaned in to him a little just as I caught the ball and he instantly went backwards and landed on his arse as I barely flinched.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The prisons of the world are full of people without the ability to show others human concern and courtesy

sociopaths

don't be one of them

be better than them

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think you should really focus on "making people respect you". Instead, just focus more on respecting yourself. Then, let your respect for yourself radiate from you naturally. This is what will create for you an amount of "gravitas" that MOST people around you will be able to easily detect.

Once you've successfully accomplished this, then it will be easier for you to clearly see who has WILLFULLY disrespected you as opposed to who may have just ACCIDENTALLY disrespected you.

Knowing the difference between these two could result in you either gently offering someone correction, or you overreacting to a situation in such a way that it could land you in a correctional facility.

Keeping a cool head should always be your main priority.

V.U.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoever said better to be a pvssy than dead is right. I don't know where you live but in my neighborhood there are dozens of guys on any given night out looking for action. Be it female or fighting. Some guy who disrespects them but not putting up with THEIR disrespect is as good a reason as any other. And they can, and sometimes do, kill. Definitely not worth it.

The office is different though. Hold yourself high, look into their eyes, excuse yourself once, and brush past them. Don't even get into it with them if they complain. But do it again.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I make it a point to give a little bit but if I feel someone is just standing totally square then ill look them straight in the eye just as i'm about to pass and say excuse me. And when your practically rubbing up on someone looking them straight in the eye so close and still being polite all the BS dissolves. Unless of course they are ready to fight a stranger right then and there most folks aren't ready for that type of thing.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually Im the guy who get room to pass in the condition OP talked about, not because Im an a$$hole but probably because I have a pissed off face all the time, not that Im pissed off it just seems such, think of deniro o wallberg.

Anyway the thing I usually do when people see me coming yet dont move a little bit to acknowledge me passing, is just passing behind them and rubbing my front on their back with no attempt to be smooth, wheter they are guys or girls, my c0ck rubbing on their asses will talk much more than 100 words.

This wont probably please them so next time they will leave room for others passing by.
When Im standing in a position and I see someone that has to pass no matter if he is a 5'5 skinny guy or a 6'5 muscle monster I always move to leave some room even if its not necessary, its just a simple sign of respect for others.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jglide123 said:
But at work today, my co-worker was standing in the doorway when I was trying to walk by. I had enough room to get by, but it was just the fact that he didn't even make an effort to move (a simple gesture of respect).
He's probably been reading pickup material.

jglide123

Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Bullshiat.

Don't make excuses for anyone who disrespects you. There is NO excuse for discourteous behavior--especially at the workplace. Your employee handbook likely states that workplace bullying will NOT be tolerated.

Everyone of us feels tired, etc. When you make excuses for others' inconsiderate behavior, you in effect designify your own feelings in favor of someone else's--which means you're disrespecting yourself by putting YOUR feelings below another's.

I have had periods in my life where I felt like I had the right to act like a moron toward others. But I never disrespected people--even when I was losing my mom to cancer, I never took it out on my co-workers.

The best way to deal with workplace bullies is to call them out--immediately. And don't be afraid to raise your voice a little and explain what you need done: "You know... a little courtesy goes a long way with me. I need my path to be UNBLOCKED when I pass. Is that clear?" Write down his behavior and the date and file it away. If he does it again, do not hesitate to walk into your HR manager's office and officially document the offense in writing.
Perhaps I didn't explain the incident well enough in my original post....

The situation wasn't that serious for me to go to HR or document the behavior. He just didn't move, and I had to kinda slide by him in the doorway, but just slightly. Nothing to start a fight over....But you're right; disrespectful behavior should never be excused because someone is in a "bad mood." I guess I'm a bit of a "nice guy" (not a door mat) in that I try to be empathetic and understanding. I've been a little unfriendly when I've been down and out, and I figured that may have been the case with him....

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Hey dude, preparing for the earthquake? That doorway doesn't look that strong man. Excuse me."