Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Making friends in a new city

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
About a year from now, I will be moving to inside of the Washington DC Beltway, to be closer to family.

It's a great area but the one big sticking point which made me pause for a few months before making the decision is the loss of friends. Making friends in middle age life is not the same thing as when you are young.

There are special interest groups, and I do plan on joining a French meet-up group, which I have looked into, but I have one other play in my playbook which I would like to share.

Become a regular at restaurants.

It takes a good amount of time to find a good restaurant to be a regular, because it needs good food, reasonable prices, a good atmosphere, and a good crew.

The restaurant pretty much needs a bar, too. I'm not much of a drinker, but the bar is a social experience rather than sitting isolated at a table. You get to know the staff and regulars. I remember something from pickup artistry about "making friends with the room."

Plus, there's almost always a seat available at the bar even when there is an hour or two wait at the door.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meetup.com groups are absolute garbage. Some social groups are worthwhile but anything affiliated with Meetup.com is garbage.

Becoming a regular at a place has the potential to be helpful. I'm not sure that matters as much now as compared to the 1990s-2000s. A lot of people are playing on the smartphones now whereas in the 1990s-2000s, that wasn't a thing. Smartphones didn't arrive on the market until the late 2000s.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I've heard that is the singular worst traffic city in the US. At least Washington DC itself...hopefully you are going to be somewhere outside that area

Apone

Don Juan
Reaction score
Check out InterNations. I've had good luck there. Much better than AutismMeetUp