Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Making approaches, and a lesson learned

min619

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum, but not the process. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, and I've decided that I will dedicate a better portion of my free time to this new hobby of mine, becoming a PUA. I am not doing this because of my immediate need to hump things frat-boy like, I am doing it because I want that self-confidence, that feeling you get when you really make a connection, and I want those positive vibes to filter into other areas of my life. BTW if anyone has any solid e-books on approach and trust building, I'd love to see them.

I honestly believe that life is a series of moments and you have to create those moments to be happy.

I made myself approach 6 different girls today, and I talked to two in the coffee shop, 1 at target, and 3 in the mall. One of them stood out and this is what happened -

I was browsing for dress shirts (can never have enough of those..) and this very cute Latina with black eyeshadow wearing a miniskirt asked me if I needed help. Now, things are much easier to assess here, sitting within the confines of my living room, then as they unfold, but I'll try my best. I fully understand that she was getting paid to help me, but I was the only person in the section of the department store and she came over to me 4 times in 10 minutes.

I could tell there was some attraction there as she made eye contact, smiled a lot, and started asking me questions not pertaining whatsoever to clothing. She even hinted as to her whereabouts during the week (she dropped that she goes to happy hour on Wednesday evenings).

Now, I am not going to be hard on myself, as it is day 1 and the 5+ approaches alone were enough for me to get my feet wet, but this is something I feel that we as a community can use.

She had a tattoo on her left wrist, and I asked her about it (So, what's the story behind that?). Tattoos almost always have a story behind them. She commented fluff back, but the killer line I thought up on the ride home (it's always later.. always damnit!) was: "I'd like to hear more about your other tattoo (she had a small one on her upper left arm too), but now's not the time. I know you probably get hit on all the time being super cute and all [said while smiling/laughing], but I'm not going to ask you for your number, instead I'm going to give you mine, and the next time you are going to happy hour send me a text and I will meet you for 1 drink for 20 minutes. All I can promise you is good conversation".

That would have been ideal, but that did not happen. I ended up chickening out, but at least the wheels are spinning and I am seeing progress. I think by the end of 3 months (I set myself a goal that I'd approach women everyday for 3 months...), I think that I will be very happy with my success.

Thoughts?

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That wouldn't have been ideal at all. You need her #, dude. She's not gonna work up the nerve to call you when she can sit and wait for other guys to call her.

min619

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with you phyzzle. I've used a similar approach in the past, and most times they will give you their number too after you give them yours.

kingwilliam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you handled the situation fairly well.....................I probably would have gotten her number, though. I have used this passive approach before with no luck.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
min619 said:
Agreed, alpha-males do not do the passive approach.
Eh, you don't necessarily need to be alpha, just confident enough to take the initiative.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
min619 said:
Hey guys, new to the forum, but not the process. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, and I've decided that I will dedicate a better portion of my free time to this new hobby of mine, becoming a PUA. I am not doing this because of my immediate need to hump things frat-boy like, I am doing it because I want that self-confidence, that feeling you get when you really make a connection, and I want those positive vibes to filter into other areas of my life. BTW if anyone has any solid e-books on approach and trust building, I'd love to see them.

I honestly believe that life is a series of moments and you have to create those moments to be happy.
You approaching life incorrectly. You are making WOMEN the axis in your life. If you truly want to become very confident and hope that filter down in other areas of your life...then work in stuff that will make you have full control of your life. Such as a career or education or fitness or a combination of them.

If you do that...you won't need to approach. THEY will approach you.

My girlfriend "dumped" me a Saturday. On Monday I had another woman already in the line up. Later that week, I banged the line up woman. And have about 10 or 12 more times. We are kind of seeing each other now. Two more probable women in the line up that I can bang anytime. And a fourth booming in the horizon, that is married and had some issues...so, I kind of let her drift far away. I did not really approach any of them. As I don't waste my time as I am a very busy man. However, in this city, I am what women would want in a relationship. At time it sucks...but that's what it is.

Took me a long time to get there...as I realized that being a PUA was about pretending something that I was not. And I realized that very early in life. Now...I don't even lie. They ask me a question and I straight up tell them the truth. Of course, I have charm, good looks, and I'm very ****y and confident. ;-)

My point with all these?

Anyway...PUA skills are fine. But are not going to get you there. DJism (eg. positive masculinity and full control of your life) will get you there.

Note: My girlfriend was simply trying to play mind games when she "dumped" me. Backfired on her as it made things easier for me. She wants me back.