Making a move on the first date

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
I am pretty much against this, unless I have no desire to go out with the girl again. I had a first date tonight and was not touchy feely, did not touch or rub her hand. I am against making a move on the first date because it is going too fast. We did kiss on the lips real quick at the end, but that was it. However, the second date is where I turn it up a notch.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well to each his own :) I don't think being touchy/feely like rubbing a hand or anything is "making a move". I just see it as a natural thing todo.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kineti[C]harm
Well to each his own :) I don't think being touchy/feely like rubbing a hand or anything is "making a move". I just see it as a natural thing todo.

Well, I see a first date almost as strictly business, trying to get a feel for the other person. I think getting real flirty too soon might scare them off.

Viking25

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
By not kissing or doing anything on the first date I show the girl that I got class and I am not a player and not interested in sex only. (all three aren't true :)) and it also depends on a chick..some are such sluts that will not think anything about it,so it depends on the girl and what you want from her.

Reaction score
all that touchy/feeling groping stuff will come in due time - no need to do it . She should be with you on the next date because you have something positive going for yourself not because you touhed her hair!

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls decide on date #1 if you click....If you don't, don't expect date #2 unless she is lacking in other options and simply enjoy the fact that a guy is paying attention to her....

If you have her laughing and having fun, she'll be initiation keno and so will you and 'the move' will come naturally....If it doesn't I'd reconsider wanting to take her out...It isn't just HER decision on whether there is a date #2, its your decision if she is worth it...

Generally if you are lacking in options, merely the fact you have a girl to hang out with is enough for you...And you'll keep going out without good interest...

If you are having a good time and not making any moves, well, sounds like your on the path to friendzone...

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with this in a way, but if a guy doesn't kiss me on the first date I probably wouldn't go on a second date. Respect is one thing, but it can come off as disinterest if you show TOO Much respect, ha ha... And once I sense disinterest, it's pretty hard for me to remain interested.

chlywly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sexy_Malibu
I agree with this in a way, but if a guy doesn't kiss me on the first date I probably wouldn't go on a second date. Respect is one thing, but it can come off as disinterest if you show TOO Much respect, ha ha... And once I sense disinterest, it's pretty hard for me to remain interested.
Hahah I call complete BULL****, this just proves women talk out of their asses.. If you were interested in a guy and had a good time, regardless if he kissed you or not, you would go out with him again. Stop lying to yourself...

its all personal preference, I'm not too huge touchy and feely on the first date especially, I give a kiss goodnight/ hug but im not all over them, usually they are all over me, b/c it creates tention/interest and my personality shines... :rolleyes:

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hahah I call complete BULL****, this just proves women talk out of their asses.. If you were interested in a guy and had a good time, regardless if he kissed you or not, you would go out with him again. Stop lying to yourself...
Ok... if we had a great time and great chemistry etc... maybe I still would... but if I was on the fence about how I felt about the guy to begin with (that is more often the case with dating, don't deny it, otherwise everyone would always get a 2nd date)... then that would push me further over the fence. I get bored easily and have limited out time (babysitting issues), so if I don't sense enough interest me in I'm not going to waste my time. And also I'm not going to waste my time on a guy who can't kiss. And that's the truth.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro you can't have a set "formula" for first dates. Sometimes the vibe and attraction is really good on the first date so you hook up. Sometimes its more informational and casual. You gotta learn to just go with the flow, anyone who says I don't do this or that on the first date is full of shiat. You bet your @ss you'd do something if she told you she wanted to!!

PIMP

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sexy_Malibu
Ok... if we had a great time and great chemistry etc... maybe I still would... but if I was on the fence about how I felt about the guy to begin with (that is more often the case with dating, don't deny it, otherwise everyone would always get a 2nd date)... then that would push me further over the fence. I get bored easily and have limited out time (babysitting issues), so if I don't sense enough interest me in I'm not going to waste my time. And also I'm not going to waste my time on a guy who can't kiss. And that's the truth.
if it was on the fence then there should not be a 2nd date(ofcourse omiting extreme circumstances.)

uhhh sexy malibu...
when its your kid its not babysitting, it's being a mom.

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by drixsa
if it was on the fence then there should not be a 2nd date(ofcourse omiting extreme circumstances.)

uhhh sexy malibu...
when its your kid its not babysitting, it's being a mom.
Being on the fence is BEING ON THE FENCE... I'm not sure, yes or no, if I like the guy... There'll be no second dates for guys I'm SURE I don't like, but if I'm SURE, then I'm not ON THE FENCE.

And, uhhh genius... when I said "babysitting issues" I was saying that I can't go out 24/7 because I need to GET a babysitter. I didn't say I WAS a babysitter, you idiot. :rolleyes:

Paid Laid & Made

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL.

I always get 2nd dated and I never kiss on the 1st date ... What does that say?

MadTyteYo!

Don Juan
Reaction score
i think its cool to take it slow on a first date..they only down side is she may think u have no ballz and LJBF u. but if u have good game i think u can still take it slow on a first date.

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to clarify... I'm not saying he should be ramming his tongue at my tonsils for an hour or anything... I'm just saying, no kiss at all? Nope. Not having it.

Top Bottom