Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Make Them Salivate Like Pavel's Dogs

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those of you familiar with basic psychology may remember Pavlov's classical conditioning experiments. Basically, the way it worked was that Pavlov fed these dogs steaks while simultaneously ringing a bell. He did this over a period of time. Eventually, it got to the point where Pavlov could ring the bell and the dogs would salivate just by the sound of the bell ringing. They associated the sound of the bell with something pleasant... food. The true DJ does the same with women. If you associate yourself with positive things, things that are pleasant to her, she will associate you with being positive and pleasant also. Since a lot of the physiological response we want to get from them involves excitement, the best thing to do is to associate yourself with something exciting. This doesn't necessarily have to mean that YOU are exciting (though it certainly helps). Take her to an amusement park (if possible, that's usually not practical) or to a gym, or do some sort of physical activity... rollerblading, rock climbing, etc. If you're not the active type, take her to a scary or thrilling movie (for example, Thirteen Ghosts worked very well for me). All of these activities involve adrenaline, which acts as a mind-altering drug, making her feel excited, exhilarated and happy. The best part... women don't tend to associate their emotions or feelings with what they're doing as much as WHO THEY'RE WITH. That means, if she's excited, happy, etc. she thinks that YOU excite her, that YOU make her happy. It doesn't get any sweeter than that.

----------------
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant, the woman will save the infant without even considering if there are men on base." - Dave Barry

[This message has been edited by Giovanni Casanova (edited 01-10-2002).]

Sociopath31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent point. The body's sympathetic system also accelerates sex drive. So being scared or thrilled will also turn them on. And you are there when they are turned on.

Humans are all association.

stuartSan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gosh.. I've searched all over and all I get is crap. Do any of you have psychology related websites? Those having something to do with eye contact/reverse psychology/voice tones to adjust a persons behavior.. detecting lies.. please drop me a note. Thanks.

------------------
i'd rather die than give you control

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Stuart... let me check into websites for you and get back to you, but if you are interested there is a great book out there called "Get Anyone to Do Anything & Never Feel Powerless Again: Psychological Secrets to Predict, Control & Influence Every Situation" by David Lieberman, PhD. He also has a book out there called "Never Be Lied to Again" which has also sorts of ways to tell if you're being lied to, how to get someone to tell you the truth, etc. which he also touches on a little bit in "How To Get Anyone...". I haven't read Never Be Lied To Again but I can vouch for "How To Get Anyone To Do Anything" and it's a great book filled with lots of good tips about all sorts of things (not just relationship-wise, but also careers, etc.) that are actually rooted in psychology, not this sissy pop psych crap that you catch on Montel or something. I definitely recommend it.

------------------
CASANOVA

"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it."
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

"Have more than thou showest; Speak less than thou knowest."
William Shakespeare, 'King Lear,' Act I, Scene iv

"If you really do put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price."
Anonymous

Galactus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova:
Hey Stuart... let me check into websites for you and get back to you, but if you are interested there is a great book out there called "Get Anyone to Do Anything & Never Feel Powerless Again: Psychological Secrets to Predict, Control & Influence Every Situation" by David Lieberman, PhD. He also has a book out there called "Never Be Lied to Again" which has also sorts of ways to tell if you're being lied to, how to get someone to tell you the truth, etc. which he also touches on a little bit in "How To Get Anyone...". I haven't read Never Be Lied To Again but I can vouch for "How To Get Anyone To Do Anything" and it's a great book filled with lots of good tips about all sorts of things (not just relationship-wise, but also careers, etc.) that are actually rooted in psychology, not this sissy pop psych crap that you catch on Montel or something. I definitely recommend it.

I have that book. I like it, but he doesn't go into enough detail on some of the points. "never be lied to again" is great. I read some of the tips from that book and caught someone in a lie the next day. Lieberman also has a book called "Instant Analysis", which is supposed to be used to understand yourself better, and I have used it for that, but it also comes in handy for understanding why other people do some of the things they do.

Powertrip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to nitpick.. but its Pavlov, isnt it?

------------------
-Chris

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are totally right, Chris. I was apparently not paying very close attention when I wrote that. My bad, good eyes, and I stand corrected. Thanks.

------------------
CASANOVA

"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it."

"If you really do put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price."
Anonymous

stuartSan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Giovanni for offering to help me. The books here in Malaysia aren't really "complete". They market the wrong books.. and those on Amazon.. cost too much for shipping and tax
. I'm only 18.. if I could afford that book, it'd be better of spent on food. USD 1 = Ringgit Malaysia 3.8. (Expensive for me)

So if there's any free resources online.. don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks.

------------------
i'd rather die than give you control

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Stuart... after scouring the internet I came across many different psychology websites. I used to be a psych major in college before I switched horses mid-race, but none of the psychology resources I used on the web really address dating all that much. The supposedly "psychology" websites that DO deal with dating are horribly, horribly wrong and FILLED with AFC crap. My recommendationg... stay here, Stuart, and the rest of the DJs and I will give you all the free psychological help you could possibly ask for.

------------------
CASANOVA

Anonymous

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by gekkoca:
Hey Galactus...
Tell us how you caught the liar.
Why wasnt the other book not specific.
Well, I'm not Galactus but I can tell you why How To Get Anyone to Do Anything wasn't specific. "Anything" is a pretty general term, and so his tips are pretty general. Each topic is about two or three pages long, and there's a few tips on each thing. I'll put up an example in this space a little later so you can see what I'm talking about. Still, though, the book is very good and the tips are helpful, even if they are somewhat generalized.

------------------
CASANOVA

"Always love thy enemies, just in case all your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards."

"Whenever evil befalls us, we ought to ask ourselves, after the first suffering, how we can turn it into good. So shall we take occasion, from one bitter root, to raise perhaps many flowers."
Leigh Hunt

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're looking for psychological books or ANY books on dating, then RULE NUMERO UNO is:

NEVER read something written by a woman! (Unless maybe it's Wyldfire
)

BGMan

[This message has been edited by BGMan (edited 01-11-2002).]

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BGMan:
If you're looking for psychological books or ANY books on dating, then RULE NUMERO UNO is:

NEVER read something written by a woman!

I agree wholeheartedly. How To Get Anyone To Do Anything is written by David J. Lieberman, who is not a woman as far as I know. But most of the psychology, self help and dating/relationship books out there that are written by women will F*** you up worse than if you just stayed home and read Playboy. In fact, Playboy is an awesome place to pick up pointers on dating as well as other things. Plus, there is always the added bonus of it having naked pictures of women in it.

------------------
CASANOVA

"Always love thy enemies, just in case all your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards."

"Whenever evil befalls us, we ought to ask ourselves, after the first suffering, how we can turn it into good. So shall we take occasion, from one bitter root, to raise perhaps many flowers."
Leigh Hunt

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good tip, Casanova! It's the feelings with which they associate with you that make or break the interest level.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by trickynick:
Good tip, Casanova! It's the feelings with which they associate with you that make or break the interest level.
That's very true. The association also works the other way... if they associate you with something unpleasant, they will probably not like you very much. For example, you take a typical 20-year-old to go play bingo at church or you stay at home and watch Battlefield: Earth or you talk to her after you ate a sardine sandwich on garlic toast. She's going to associate you with some unpleasantness and you're not easily going to recover from that sort of thing.

There are also certain aspects that you can't control... such as "Is she having a bad day today?" If you like a girl who hates her job, don't go to visit her at work. She'll be feeling very unpleasant and may unwittingly associate you with that unpleasantness. Try to go see her just as she's leaving work, for two reasons...

1. She's not going to be worried about getting in trouble for talking to you and slacking on the job.

2. She's going to be feeling relieved and more relaxed that she's getting off work, so her emotional levels will be better. Watch for facial cues that she may have had a particularly bad day... if so, steer clear. If she's just had a typically crappy day (as in, no worse than any other) if you can cheer her up she'll associate you with making her feel BETTER. Even if you don't do much, she's going to be naturally feeling more relaxed just being off work but again, she'll probably associate that with you if she's talking to you. Just like in comedy, it's all timing. The same conversation can have a totally different emotional impact on a girl just depending on the time the conversation takes place. Try it.

------------------
CASANOVA

Leigh Hunt

Vandermast

Don Juan
Reaction score
Now this here, in the archives, is where all the gold is! It's amazing how posts from a few years ago still carry the same impact today.

"The best part... women don't tend to associate their emotions or feelings with what they're doing as much as WHO THEY'RE WITH. That means, if she's excited, happy, etc. she thinks that YOU excite her, that YOU make her happy."

I'm not sure about women not associating their emotions with what they're doing, (I think they do) but I believe 100% correct that women will associate it with who they are with.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
there is a great book out there called "Get Anyone to Do Anything & Never Feel Powerless Again: Psychological Secrets to Predict, Control & Influence Every Situation" by David Lieberman, PhD.

I also highly recommend this book. It's has proven shortcuts that get you to the heart of the human condition.

Read a book or two from Jean-Paul Sartre concerning Existentialism and todays man.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow aren't I glad I'm a rock climber.

Of course, most women I've rocked-climbed with usually froze in panic on the cliff-face before feeling sick from the fear afterwards. After the vomiting I don't feel like sex anymore :)