Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Maintaining a long distance relationship and moving abroad.

shizz702

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
Well if that is how you truly feel, than do it. But make sure that those are your real feelings and aren't just saying it to convince yourself to go. This is one of those decisions you make in life that will change your life forever, so make sure you are 100% for it.

Just a question...are you Hispanic? I know that me as a white guy, and living in CA and hearing about all of the major crime, killings, and drug issues going on in Mexico presently, would have a hard time leaving my life here for all that.
It definitely is how I truly feel, there is no way I would even consider this otherwise.

I am not hispanic, and understand where you are coming from with these issues. I have been researching this stuff thoroughly and the general consensus is that these issues are totally overhyped in the media and that it is generally safe over there, except for in the border cities, which we will be far away from. We will be in a tourist area. It is what it is, anywhere you go there are going to be some bad areas, we got plenty of them here in the US too.

shizz702

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey fellas,

Just wanted to ressurect this thread and give it an update.

Well I'm happy to report my girl and I have stuck this thing out for the duration and are finally closing in on things. We decided we are going to tie the knot and I already got my plane ticket and am currently liquidating my assets and saving money.

I completed a TEFL certificate to qualify me to teach English there and she looking into a career in the military there. If all goes well we should be ok with that. Fortunately her family is well off financially down there, and acceptant of our situation and welcoming me, and they are currently making arrangements for our wedding.

It has been very hard maintaining this relationship long distance these past couple months, and we certainly hit a few bumps down the road, but hey like the old gym cliche' ,"no pain, no gain."

Dating and life are like gambling, and sometimes you got to take chances. I've had a few women in my time, and I know I found what I'm looking for with this one, and so it is what it is, we will see where this journey take me. I depart the 27th.

sexysuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Best of luck to you bro! I think you are doing the right thing. This is an adventure and it takes guts to just get up and move and leave everything behind. I have done it as well and do not regret it (even though I didn't leave to live in mexico ;).

I think the risk is not too horrible as you can truly always come back if sh*t just really doesn't pan out (hopefully it works out though!!). Plenty of folk "start over" nowadays and it's really not a huge deal. It's life man! We're all living it once, so make the most of it, and you definitely are trying to do that!! I wish you the very best!

shizz702

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sexysuave said:
Best of luck to you bro! I think you are doing the right thing. This is an adventure and it takes guts to just get up and move and leave everything behind. I have done it as well and do not regret it (even though I didn't leave to live in mexico ;).

I think the risk is not too horrible as you can truly always come back if sh*t just really doesn't pan out (hopefully it works out though!!). Plenty of folk "start over" nowadays and it's really not a huge deal. It's life man! We're all living it once, so make the most of it, and you definitely are trying to do that!! I wish you the very best!

Thanks brotha, I really appreciate the kind words!

I have put a lot of thought into this and to have a Plan A you got to have a B, and fortunately my employer is letting me put in for Leave of Absence just in case I get cold feet, and they assured me I always have a job with them. But they know I don't intend on coming back ;)

You only got one life to live and like the old Shaw quote goes,"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Only got one life to live, can't spend it trapped in fear of the unknown.

King Turi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice stuff man, I hope it all works out for you.

I've only been with my girlfriend for about the last 3 months, but the last month of that she has been back in the UK (I'm in AUS), so we are currently going through the long distance thing at the moment..

For a while we were unsure how the hell we were going to make it happen, but somehow we've pulled enough cash together for her flight back here, and the extra money we had to get to prove to my government that she will be able to live here on her own cash for a while, she only has a year visa here, but we'll see where we're at and what to do when it closes in on that.

I'm thinking the same thing you're thinking, marriage, I can feel that she's right for me, and she's a little bit older than me which just sorta sways me into thinking I won't get ****ed around so much..

But yeah, didn't mean to ramble on, just wanted to empathize that someone else is doing the same thing you are, except it's the other way around, since she's coming to me, not me going to her.

Same **** though, hope it works out man.

shizz702

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
King Turi said:
Nice stuff man, I hope it all works out for you.

I've only been with my girlfriend for about the last 3 months, but the last month of that she has been back in the UK (I'm in AUS), so we are currently going through the long distance thing at the moment..

For a while we were unsure how the hell we were going to make it happen, but somehow we've pulled enough cash together for her flight back here, and the extra money we had to get to prove to my government that she will be able to live here on her own cash for a while, she only has a year visa here, but we'll see where we're at and what to do when it closes in on that.

I'm thinking the same thing you're thinking, marriage, I can feel that she's right for me, and she's a little bit older than me which just sorta sways me into thinking I won't get ****ed around so much..

But yeah, didn't mean to ramble on, just wanted to empathize that someone else is doing the same thing you are, except it's the other way around, since she's coming to me, not me going to her.

Same **** though, hope it works out man.
Hey brotha, thanks for the kind words and like wise I hope it works out for you as well. Even though it is hard, if both have the will to fight a long distance relationship can be done. In our case we will not have seen each other for 4.5 months by the time I get there. Life is funny sometimes, and you never know where it is going to take you. I guess this is just the hand I'm being dealt here cause I feel good about my decision and there is no turning back now.

Anyways, in your case, keep doing like you are doing and see where it goes. But once you get enough time put in (before that visa runs out!) where you really think you want to get serious with her my advice would be to consult an immigration attorney asap and see how to go about doing things right to keep her in your country legally!

Once again thanks for the kind words bro, and best wishes with you and your lady.