Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mad Men

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
what are guys thoughts on this show, more importantly the characters, esp Don Draper?
he has his demons, seems pretty cool otherwise, alpha, tall dark, typical for TV stereotyping.
his mannerisms ooze the traits preached on here. of course the set is in the 60's, smoking, drinking, womanising are all on open display.
can we get away with such behaviour now?
its more difficult but I believe men can if they are a little more circumspect, aware of surroundings and more cute.
love the show though

jjacob

Don Juan
Reaction score
I enjoy the show. You're right, he does seem to be a DJ. Showing dominance over the comedians wife by grabbing her hair and shoving his hand down her panties was just classic. He definitely has his miss-steps - operating at a high level gives him very little leeway when he shows weakness, for example with the jewish clothing boutique owner. Wanted to run away with her but she saw through it and realizes he's a man that runs from his problems like a coward. That was the end with her!

Good show, looking forward to the next season

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We all have to admit that Jon Hamm is a handsome guy. Originally, the character was written such that he wasn't supposed to be handsome -- he was supposed to be somewhat sloppy and devious-looking...but the director thought Hamm was the perfect for the role and so they rewrote the character to make him handsome.

I think Draper's behaviors are successful with women (and in his career) in the context of the 60's. In today's ultra PC, ultra polite society his behaviors would get him in serious trouble, regardless of how good looking he is.

If we want to emulate Draper the best way to do it would be to emulate his mindset which is that of a shameless salesman: hide/downplay the negative while simulaneously upplay the positive. Everything he does in his life has some sort of a sales pitch involved and he's successful because he's mastered the art of closing the deal.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good show , It is the only show that I dont have to watch pvssy men trying to please women

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because this site needs another discussion about how certain fictional characters seem to attract other fictional characters based upon various fictional attributes of their fictional personas.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Draper's an interesting character but I find the show boring. The first couple of seasons were all right. The scenes in the office are cool but I honestly got bored with his family storylines - too soap opera. I do enjoy the Roger Sterling character as well.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
Zarky said:
Because this site needs another discussion about how certain fictional characters seem to attract other fictional characters based upon various fictional attributes of their fictional personas.
I think somebody is on their period

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
aww.. this site doesn't deserve these discussions right Zarky?

Sshhhh woman , men are talking.