lwr abs

Ectomorph

Don Juan
Reaction score
anyone know any good lower ab excesices (that u tried and worked) ??? if u do let me know thnx

Last edited:

Nemonin

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is an on-going argument over the legitimacy of 'lower abs'. It is said that the abs are one muscle group and there is no separation between the upper and lower portion. However if it makes you happier, any excercise that requires your legs to move towards your chest is generally considered a 'lower ab' exercise.

Use google or youtube. This isn't new.

Furyguy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
High rep (100, 10x10) front squats tear my abs apart.

Was doing them for quad growth, obviously, but I was ****ing amazed by how much my abs hurt after. Used 125 pounds for 10x10, the time I did this before with about 95 pounds I didn't get that though. Probably a weight issue.

That and the Full Contact Twist ****ing tore me apart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2VmDm58MMI
Fun exercise if you despise sit-ups.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sprints. Do something like 40m 60m 100m max. Full speed. I guarantee you'll be out of breath by the 3rd run and hurting the next day. Quads, abs (on the side too) and hamstrings at least.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Furyguy said:
High rep (100, 10x10) front squats tear my abs apart.

Was doing them for quad growth, obviously, but I was ****ing amazed by how much my abs hurt after. Used 125 pounds for 10x10, the time I did this before with about 95 pounds I didn't get that though. Probably a weight issue.

That and the Full Contact Twist ****ing tore me apart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2VmDm58MMI
Fun exercise if you despise sit-ups.
Definitely agree w/ the front squats working the abs, but I find they hit my upper arms and sides mostly. Nevertheless, they are an excellent ab/core stability exercise. Personally, I prefer heavy weight and low reps (100-110 kg x 3-5 reps) for 3 sets. This workout fries my abs.

I also find leg raises from various hanging or parallel bar positions help as well. If you want defined vascular lower abs you have to have low bodyfat, so that's where, diet, cardio and conditioning come in.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fuglydude said:
If you want defined vascular lower abs you have to have low bodyfat, so that's where, diet, cardio and conditioning come in.
The OP can't make up his mind. He wants to bulk, or he wants to cut as you have seen his previous threads. He's already an ectomorph and asking questions like 'hay guyz, how can i see my lwr abbbzzz'

He's not going anywhere with this. I can still see him in the same condition years from now doing bicep curls in the squat rack and crunches wondering why he's not ripped.