LTR's - its a mug's game

Lozz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't you rekon? I mean we get into something long term only to go through a great deal of sh1t which eventually ends badly. Not the way to go. We're Don Juans for crying out loud!

I mean its good to have a girl or two on the go but you shouldn't make them your official girlfriend. She'll end up taking you for a mug and lose interest...resulting in...DUMPED!

Being a DJ is about thinking before you move but never stop to think. You are able to move from girl to girl in one swift motion - and you nake all the rules. To be honest I have found picking up girls more fun than the LTR.

Besides I'm young and still looking for fun and experience and thats the way life should be.
Instead of sticking to one girl, grab a few. You are the prize to be won after all. No girl is worthy to have you all to herself.

sAxyguy83

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There are LTRs that don't end in dumping. Some end in marriage, which, granted, does often end in divorce or separation. However, sometimes two people form an emotional bond so strong that despite all the sh*t they go through together, they stay together until one or both dies. That kind of super-strong bond is what I'm looking for (and have hopefully found...).

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its like not making up your bed after you sleep in it. Whats the use? It will get untidy once you sleep in it again in some few hours!
Whats the use in living if you will die?
Whats the use in laughing, after all, the joke will wear out and it wont be happy anymore.

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i used to be one of those LTR worshippers... i'm starting to get more and more jaded as I date and visit this site. i'm beginning to understand how women work and it's great. i'm not putting all my eggs in one basket until i've dated a girl for 2-3 months from now on. the ups and downs of committment are a hassle i'll no longer deal with. i'm going to play the field and date multiple women until i feel 100% comfortable with one.

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SamePendo
Its like not making up your bed after you sleep in it. Whats the use? It will get untidy once you sleep in it again in some few hours!
Whats the use in living if you will die?
Whats the use in laughing, after all, the joke will wear out and it wont be happy anymore.
what are you trying to convey? i'm not following you.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you come across a woman that proves her commitment on a regular basis without the games, why wouldn't you want a LTR?

AmgineEX

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
re

I think what samependo's trying to allude to is that it's the trip, not the destination, that makes the journey memorable. It's what happened during the relationship, the things that you learned from, that makes the relationship worthwhile.

Besides, not all LTR's full of sh!t. Sure, there are conflicts here and there but it's only natural. It's comparable to your parents reprimanding you, they do it b/c they love you. If you feel that way, maybe you've gotten into LTR's for the wrong reasons.

Don't get into LTR's just b/c the sex is good, it's only a fraction of the puzzle.

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
Yep, it's a numbers game. You have a good attitude, so no need to worry. I also miss the thrill of the hunt...

Let's say out of five girls you date, one of them is LTR-material.

Out of 20 LTR-material girls, one is marriage-worthy.

One out of two marriages end in divorce.

One out of two marriages end with you chasing your wife around the dinner table while your grandkids learn to use the toilet.

The odds are terrible, but with the right attitude, the game is fun. So keep playing!

sAxyguy83

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't quite get what you're saying, Knicknack - are you saying that you're not exclusive for the first couple of months, or what?

In any case, it's a good idea not to commit to something like marriage until you're at least close to 100% sure. The reason so many marriages fail is b/c ppl often rush into marriage too soon, b4 they really know each other. Then, after their first extended period of living together, they begin to drift apart. In other cases, they don't discover that things aren't going to work out only after some event years down the road, like having children, or a disagreement about finances or some issue in the news.

I think of an LTR as both a fun relationship and, if you really like the girl, a try-before-you-buy period...

Reaction score
Yeah, this is what this site is about....and if your in a relationship then why the f*uck would you need to come to this site...

play the game young bruh...and play it well.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Player_Supreme
Yeah, this is what this site is about....and if your in a relationship then why the f*uck would you need to come to this site...

play the game young bruh...and play it well.
Treat it as a game and you are opening yourself to being played. Treat it like an attitude and all of the playing is squashed.

Lozz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being a DJ isn't about marraige man! If that was the case it'd be a waste of time. I'm not saying don't look for your one I'm saying there is plenty of time for that, and the only way you're gonna be sure you've found your one is to be with other women. We learn and grow through experience. Besides who wants to go through it all and then get upset because you became too emotionally involved. I tell you I am sick of that sh1t.

Enjoy DJ life, commitment comes at a later date.

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sAxyguy83
I don't quite get what you're saying, Knicknack - are you saying that you're not exclusive for the first couple of months, or what?
that's exactly what i'm saying. i made the AFC mistake of thinking that women want a committed man from the get go. it only leads to hurt feelings when she walks out. i've learned my lesson.

RIchardo

Don Juan
Reaction score
i hear ya knickknack, ive been there with my first one and it wasnt fun...... but at least i know i cna get any girl i want now :)

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Knicknack here. It's not too smart to put all of your eggs in one basket. You are much more likely to get married and STAY married if you sift through all the garbage and find the girl who is good enough to win you, the prize, rather than just giving it to some girl because you think she's hot, or whatever.