Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

LTR fizzling - gf seems to want out

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
**Cross-posted in The Mature Man forum**

Background – I am 29 years old she is 28.
We met in a bar about 2 years ago, been dating for about a year in a half. This is the longest relationship I’ve ever been in.

Recently my girl has been sending me mixed signals, but most of them seem to point to the fact that she wants out of the relationship. Last Thursday we got into an argument and we basically “broke-up”. Friday night I went back over to her house, it seemed that we patched things up, we had a good weekend together, but last night we were again discussing that we have not resolved all of our problems.

Lately my girl will openly rattle off all of the reasons why she doesn’t see things working out for us long term. Some examples are:

- she is a devout Catholic – I was raised Catholic but do not practice. She wants her family to be raised in the faith and questions whether or not as a father I’ll be able to provide that guidance to “our” children.
- I play poker online part time to earn extra money. Even though I have consistently won over the past two years, she hates the fact that I “gamble” and fears a worse case scenario where if we were married someday, I’d lose our life savings in a poker game or something.
- She is bothered by the fact that we’ve been together this long but don’t “know” that we want to marry each other. She thinks we should “know” by now.
- She will openly question how I was raised (I was raised by a single mom) and whether or not that will impact what kind of father I will be.
- She thinks I am too preoccupied with making money and that that would distract me from being a good father/husband.

She will then discuss whether or not she is willing to “accept” these things or not.

My girl is pretty up-front with what she wants. She wants to get married and she wants to start a family – and she wants to do these things soon. She is 28 and she realizes that time is not on her side. She will say that she loves me in one breath and then in the next she’ll say that she doesn’t want to marry me and that that bothers her. I respond that I am not ready to get married either and that I am certainly not ready to propose to some one who just told me they don’t want to marry me (obviously).

To make matters worse our sex life is non-exsistent. We took a trip to Vegas for a few days the week before last where I was hoping to rekindle some physical spark, but her cycle did not comply.

I do love the girl – I don’t want to give up on the relationship but I am growing weary of her constant tests. Each time she rattles off a reason why it’s not working, I try to reason with her that it’s something that we can work through. But, I am getting tired of defending myself all of the time.

Anyone been through something like this before that can offer some meaningful advice/insight?

JackPrescott

Banned
Reaction score
Let her out, break up with her, and get back into this infernal dating scene, with any luck, she wont find a mule di*ked guy out there who pleasures her like no other and she will want back in your life, and then you can let her back in on YOUR terms.

Dillinger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ronin I,
The relationship seems doomed on both ends. I think both of you are going in two different directions.

If you love her and you know she is the one, fvcked propose? If not it's time to leave.

I don't understand not having a sex life, that is very very bad.

SMOAK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mixed signals?:crackup: Why are you putting yourself through all this?:down:

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
I've never been that deep in a relationship, but right now, if I were you, I'd put my foot down and tell her to either get over it or get the hell out.

I would be downright offended if a woman constantly played that "Holier-than-thou" crap with me. Tell her if she thinks that you wouldn't make a good husband for her and father for her children, then she should leave. End-of-story.

She's trying to leverage her faith against you to change you into what she wants to be: 1) She wants you to marry her NOW and 2) she wants you to give up all of your 'bad' habits that she doesn't like.

And she's outright insulting your upbringing...in case you hadn't noticed.

It's time to man-up and decide what YOU want...and if it's not what she's trying to push on you, then maybe it's time to move on. I know you "love" her, blah blah blah, but it's not worth it if you're going to be miserable, she's goin to be miserable, and your kids are going to be miserable.

By the way...you're playing poker ONLINE for extra money?! I'd be worried about that too...it's not like you're some kind of card-shark, there's no skill in reading the man when you're on the Internet. It's just dumb luck, and one day you're gonna get burned. Plan on it.

*edited - no need to include the entire first post in a reply, it just takes up room unnecessarily

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
This is very common bro - at 27 women panic and fear that they'll never get married!!; thus they want to get married before they are 30 - so they must be engaged by 28 or 29 which means they must meet their future husband by 27!!!!

If these things don't flow by 28 then women hit the panic button and must make a decision to be with the one they have or immediately look for another!!! This is crucial for women and she is seeking assurance from you that you will marry her or she has to do what desperate women do!!

She knows that you don't want to get married so don't be suprised if she has another man already - women (hos) do this!!

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
after year and a half-2 years of a relationship, women usually wana settle down. They want the ring, 2.5 kids and all that goes with it. The problem here is; even tho she loves you, she seas all your foults. And she thinks you won't make a good husband.

so she is stuck in between a rock and a hard place. on one hand she really loves you. on the other hand, you arn't perfect, you don't have the qualities she is looking for, in a husband.

her time is passing, which hand do you think will win.

jprjrjr

Banned
Reaction score
She sounds like she has some good reasons for doubting you. If you don't like it..leave...

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what the f*ck, what does you being raised by a single mom have anything to do with whether or not you would be a good father? does this b!tch even know what it's like to grow up without a father? she should stop psychoanalyzing you, who does she think she is? if it was me, i would have broken it off right there and then.

i'd say don't marry this girl. once you put the security of that ring on her hand, she will become your pitmaster. and your sex life is non-existant? what kind of marriage do you think that will be? you're only 29 man, don't settle for this.

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was of a mind to treat her anxiety as age-related "where is this going", until I read the parts about dressing down your background.

WTF can you do about who raised you and how you were raised? Insane.

nw1512

Don Juan
Reaction score
To me it sounds like she is creating barriers or "reasons" in her mind on why she doesnt feel the same about you any more.

The reasons you stated are her problems not yours so always remember that.

If you want to work things out with it's not goin to happen under the current situation, you need to "detatch" from her emotionally as the more you try and reason with her the more "tests" she will throw at you.

If you seriously want to be with this woman you need to sort out whether you want to marry her. and then I suggest you read "Stop your Divorce" it will show you how to holt any further rot in your relationship and turn it around.

PM me if you want a copy.

Best of luck old mate