Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Low carb diet??

Chrom3y

Don Juan
Reaction score
So form what I've read it seems like the easiest and best way to shed some fat weight is to cut carbs out. Not all, but a lot. Correct me if I'm wrong, but carbs are basically sugars right?

My body fat % is around 14% and Im about 170-175 lbs. I just wanna shed enough weight to be able to see my abs. I'm always active. Right now the tennis season has started, I play for my school. So that's where Im getting most of my exercise from. I also lift whenever I get the time. I've had a stomach forever, but my muscles look nice, just the abdominals suck. As well as my diet.

So what do I do? Help me out guys who are on this diet, google keeps giving me crappy links...

heronfisher

Reaction score
Eating carbs while trying to lose body fat is terribly inefficient. When in glycolysis (burning glucose as fuel) you have to lower your calories which slows your metabolism and exercise heavily to deplete your glycogen stores before burning body fat. I think that low carbing is the best approach both for weight loss. You need to select the amount of carbs that you can live with until your weight is where you want it.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever carbs you do eat should be consumed within 6 hours after you do your cardio. That is your 'carb window,' in which carbs are least likely to be converted to fat.

Chrom3y

Don Juan
Reaction score
So basically I just need to get plenty of exercise, and no overdosing on carbs right? It's been one week and I avoided a lot of carbs and junk food, soft drinks, etc.

Here is pretty much what I eat everyday:

Breakfast- Small bowl of cereal (those little ones that come in individual packages), with a small carton of milk.

Lunch- Either a turkey sandwich with cheese, or two small ham and cheese wraps. With a very small cup of juice that comes with either meal.

Dinner- Whatever is cooked when I get home from tennis practice. I just avoid anything with lots of carbs like last night, I had steak with broccoli and avoided the white rice. I also didn't over eat which I am so accustomed to.

And that's what my first week has looked like, but I plan to keep it going. I WANT RESULTS!!

Any advice on the diet? I'm still in H.S. so I can't really change it too much.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try to eat a lean protein and a vegetable with every meal. That will help to fill you up. Breakfast is the hardest meal for which to get a lean protein source. I can usually eat cottage cheese with some sort of fruit mixed into it. That's not perfect, but at least there is some protein. You really don't need processed carbs at all to live - that includes the cereal, milk, juice, and the bread on your sandwich. The steak and broccoli without the rice is an ideal meal.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your at all athletic then you do need carbs...

The easiest thing to do is just isolate carb meals to around when you are doing intense activities.

thejerk

Reaction score
Low carb fad diets are bull**** and not neccesary. Only reason why they get good credit is because they cut out the bad carbs. Good carbs are healthy and promote weightloss. Do your research. Learn the difference between Good carbs and Bad carbs.

Mandiblard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, this low carb "fad" that humans have been living on for millions of years should die out any day now. I agree with one thing, do your research.

PeeGee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Whatever carbs you do eat should be consumed within 6 hours after you do your cardio. That is your 'carb window,' in which carbs are least likely to be converted to fat.
A cavaet - you cannot eat too many carbs during that period. Otherwise your body won't use it all and it becomes stored.

See this for more information.

kelvinwaugh

Reaction score
There are many most type of commonly reported benefits in low carb forums, support groups, and informal surveys and it will help to increase energy So it is very helpful to you play tennis. It can improve dental hygiene. It can Improved cholesterol levels and lower triglycerides.

NeedToImprove

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
breakfast - 2 scoops of lean protein with 250 ml water, 2 weetabix with water

pre-lunch - a can of tuna or a turkey sandwich

lunch - a small portion of rice or spaghetti, a grilled beef or grilled salmon

immediately post workout - 1 scoops of protein with 3 scoops dextrose / maltodextrin

pre dinner snack - 5/6 peanuts and a can of tuna or 5 boiled egg whites

dinner - vegetables, salmon or tuna, or turkey or chicken breast.

before bed - casein protein (slow dgesting protein) or a cottage cheese and 5 walnuts or peanuts

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but this is my diet

RMM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mandiblard said:
Yeah, this low carb "fad" that humans have been living on for millions of years should die out any day now. I agree with one thing, do your research.
If you're going to play the millions of years card, I shall remind you that the old diet of the hunter-gatherers, much like other primates, contained large amounts of fruit - which has a buttload of carbs. Other edible parts of plants, specially some roots, can have a lot of starch. In short, it had a lot of carbs.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chrom3y said:
the easiest and best way to shed some fat weight
The easiest, fastest, most reliable way to shed fat is to count the calories going in and going out.

Every diet fad is an attempt to cope with the fact that most of us don't like to have to figure out how many calories are in our food, and that most of us are wretchedly awful at estimating portion sizes.

If you are willing to exactly measure what goes in and any exercise on top of your basal metabolic rate, losing weight is a snap. But if you mis-measure things or aren't motivated to keep up with it, forget it.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Throttle said:
The easiest, fastest, most reliable way to shed fat is to count the calories going in and going out.

Every diet fad is an attempt to cope with the fact that most of us don't like to have to figure out how many calories are in our food, and that most of us are wretchedly awful at estimating portion sizes.

If you are willing to exactly measure what goes in and any exercise on top of your basal metabolic rate, losing weight is a snap. But if you mis-measure things or aren't motivated to keep up with it, forget it.
Couldn't agree more

Ianpeterson

Reaction score
Low carb diet is useful for lowering the blood pressure. low carb diets are now famous among people who want to lose their weight. your body needs carbs that are easily digested for rapid uptake, so the simpler the better. you can find carbs different foods like vegetables,beans,fruits,milk etc.