Lost 10lb in 2 weeks... Muscle memory question?

shadowfox

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey everyone, some people will know I HAD a rippetoe workout log, well the reason I've not updated is this;

Starting of new school and illness.

I have been very Ill recently and lost my appetite etc

In the space of 2 weeks I have gone from 160lb to 150lb. I have now since regained my appetite and recovered from illness. Now I'm going back on the training and diet I have this question, how long do you think it should take to get back to 160 considering muscle memory? 1 week if i ate perfectly and maybe even a bit more than i did at 160? Thank you for taking the time to read this and I'm sorry about the rippetoe log not being updated hopefully I'll start a new one or continue with the current one soon!

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
depends on a lot of factors.

basically, more advanced trainers who've used heavy weights (progressive overload) over a longer time are far less likely to lose muscle on a break/illness and get it back quicker - however volume trainers tend to fluctuate a lot because their hypertrophy is sarcoplasmic.

that said, of that 10lbs it's not 10lbs of muscle.. probably equal water/fat/muscle etc. Just train and eat as you were before and it'll come back.