Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

lose gut in 8 weeks?

hardtack

Reaction score
In 8 weeks, I am going on a trip to beach-filled california. I had a little bit of a gut to begin with and christmas aggrivated it, so now I want to flatten it (or make it bumpy with muscle). I am willing to eat what I have to, do what I have to, with the exception of the fact that I don't have access to weighttraing equipment.

Any suggestions? I'm really motivated, but I don't know what to do.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
read the GUIDE TO CUTTING UP.

perfect for 8 weeks.

hardtack

Reaction score
any suggestions for foods to eat, specifically?
Also, any excersizes I can do to tone my abs especially? I've been doing 250 situps a night.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
with the exception of the fact that I don't have access to weighttraing equipment.
So how do you expect to get bumpy with muscle? By lifting bread to your mouth? There are no gyms where you live? The guide to cutting is useless without access to weights.

If you just want to lose weight it's very simple. Eat less caleries than you burn. It doesn't really matter what you eat as long as you stick to this formula.

Reaction score
Originally posted by hardtack
any suggestions for foods to eat, specifically?
Also, any excersizes I can do to tone my abs especially? I've been doing 250 situps a night.
Your situps may marginally increase the size of your stomach muscles (though as with your other muscles lower reps with higher weights is probably best).

In any case you can not spot reduce fat and doing situps will not burn much in the way of calories compared to the other exercises you could be spending your time doing. Even walking would burn more calories than your situps. I recommend spending the time your spending on situps jogging or some other higher calorie burning activity instead.

These days pretty much anything and everything you buy at the supermarket (apart from the raw fruit and vegs) has a breakdown of calories and protein carbohydrate and fat on the packet (at least thats the way it is here in Aus). So it should be easy for you to workout your daily calorie intake.

There are also numerous sites on the web that will allow you to calc your daily calorie requirments based on your daily activities. For example this one

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.html

It is then simply a matter of ensuring that your food intake level and your activity level are such that you burn up 7,000 calories per week more than you consume. 7,000 calories corrsponds to 2lb of fat which is the rate at which you want to loose fat at. Any quicker than this and you risk losing too much muscle tissue.

2lb per week is quite doable (I've done it myself). So you should theoretically be able to loose 16lb of fat in your 8 weeks if you do everything right. A 10% or so loss in fat should have your gut looking quite a lot better.

Note though that if you diet too drastically your body goes in to starvation mode and starts reducing your metobolic rate to prevent you from loosing fat - its better to burn the fat of than diet it off. Dieting to drastically can be counter productive (as I've recently found).

---------------------------

Below is an example of a diet I have been using. That being said it is too low in carbs and on the bare minimumm you would want to take calorie wise (most dieticians recoimend you don't drop your calories below 2000).

I used it with a couple of cheat days though were I pig out on carbs (just before and just after I do my once a week training session). It worked for a while, for about 4 weeks I lost 2lb per week. But then I think it must have put my body into starvation mode because I've recently been gaining weight on it (my body must be really eficiently using the carbs I do eat on my cheat days because I recently just gained 5lb in a week on it LOL). For the time being I've given up and just gone back to eating normally (at least I managed to drop my weight from 265lb down to 240lb with a noticble reduction in gut fat).

2035 calories, 180g protein, 94g carbs, 75g fat

as follows

breakfast
2*100g tins tuna(with onion added)
150g coleslaw

snack
1 piece of flat bread

lunch
5 chicken kebab sticks (400g of chicken)

dinner
250g fish (dory fillets)
100g tinned tuna fish
150g coleslaw

Last edited:

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
breakfast
2*100g tins tuna(with onion added)
150g coleslaw

snack
1 piece of flat bread

lunch
5 chicken kebab sticks (400g of chicken)

dinner
250g fish (dory fillets)
100g tinned tuna fish
150g coleslaw
That's a bit too much tuna. You do realize that tuna has a lot of mercury in it?

Reaction score
Originally posted by Shiftkey
That's a bit too much tuna. You do realize that tuna has a lot of mercury in it?
Yeah but it's better for the heart than red meat and at my age (36) and weight (240lb) I figure I'm likely to drop dead of a heart attack before I suffer brain damage from mercury poisoning. Its a case of choose your poison really.

In any case its only a temporary diet until I get down to a safer fat level heart wise (currently at 22%). Its not a maintanence diet by any means. I won't allways be eating that much tuna its just a temporary measure. As long as my lifetime average mercury intake doesn't go too high thats the main thing.

hardtack

Reaction score
I've started changing my diet and starting cardio. My day looked like this:

breakfast - slice whole grain bread with peanut butter and a banana

snack - can of tunafish

lunch - can of tunafish

dinner - buffalo stew with buffalow, tomatoes, lentels, and beans in it.

after dinner - small handfull of almonds

I also did 20 minutes of HIIT

Revlis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah but it's better for the heart than red meat and at my age (36) and weight (240lb) I figure I'm likely to drop dead of a heart attack before I suffer brain damage from mercury poisoning. Its a case of choose your poison really.
Why don't you just eat some more chicken/turkey or just buy lean beef and cut the remaining fat out?

That much tuna just tastes horrible anyway.

J2K

Don Juan
Reaction score
To get enough mercury out of tuna to be dangerous, you'd have to eat 10 cans per day for a couple years straight.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Revlis
Why don't you just eat some more chicken/turkey or just buy lean beef and cut the remaining fat out?
because fish has a higher ratio of protein to calories/fat/carbs than even lean beef (this is important to me when I am trying to restrict total calorie intake but don't won't to decrease total protein intake).

Its also because lots of fish is better on the heart than lots of lean beef. (I also saw a statistical study recently - that followed thousands of people for decades - and that found that eating chicken and fish didn't significantly decrease life expectancy but eating lots of beef did. Interestingly it also found that eating lots of fruit and vegs, contrary to popular opinion didn't increase life expectancy - except for the case of tomatoes and brochali).

Like I said eating lots of beef is probably more risky than eating lots of fish. How many people have died from mercury poisoning from eating fish anyway? None I'll bet. (Its mainly developing brains that are most at risk). Anyway now days that I'm getting older and more aware of my own mortality I tend to go for the more healthy fish diet (though beef is probably better for body building and would be my choice if I were younger).

The mercury concern is genuine though. My answer is that I will probably tend to go for more samon - which is generally mercury free (and fish smaller than tuna). I was just eating tuna for a while because it is so convient out of the can when I don't have to cook it, especially when it is flavoured with other stuff out of the can.

That much tuna just tastes horrible anyway. [/B][/QUOTE]

True - which is why I eat it mixed in with coleslaw - then it is quite tasty, to me any way.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude... it's like tuna salad, that's not gross