Looks do count

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a really big, long, helpful response typed up, but then I went back and read some more of the OP's posts in this thread and I just deleted it. Because I realized that he's too firmly locked into his current reality for anything we say to be of any help to him. He has literally convinced himself that looks hold the key to his happiness and he is actively shooting down everything anyone says to the contrary without stopping to really consider it. But to his credit, he has taken the first step by coming here. Which is good.

OP, I wish you the best. I invite you to stay here and soak up all the knowledge of the community. There is a lot of great stuff here. But what I hope you will come to realize is that in order to get the results you want, a change must happen inside of you. You must be willing to let go of your current mindset and your current reality in order to become what you want to become.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nexus Polaris said:
I had a really big, long, helpful response typed up, but then I went back and read some more of the OP's posts in this thread and I just deleted it. Because I realized that he's too firmly locked into his current reality for anything we say to be of any help to him. He has literally convinced himself that looks hold the key to his happiness and he is actively shooting down everything anyone says to the contrary without stopping to really consider it. But to his credit, he has taken the first step by coming here. Which is good.

OP, I wish you the best. I invite you to stay here and soak up all the knowledge of the community. There is a lot of great stuff here. But what I hope you will come to realize is that in order to get the results you want, a change must happen inside of you. You must be willing to let go of your current mindset and your current reality in order to become what you want to become.
Quoted for well-spoken truth and a good way to end this thread.

Reaction score
Personally attacking now, huh. I thought you were above that. :nono: :nono: :nono: :moon: :moon: :moon: :up:

Just a Shot Away said:
Those are both fallacies (meaning what you said is not true.) The thread was doing just fine without this kind of crap clogging it up. Don't try to send the guy mixed signals with false self-limiting statements.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Dude you look fine. Hit the gym, beef up a little, and when you go out, take the time to dress nice. That and a touch of personality will get you laid.

Stop making excuses, there are a lot of people uglier than you.

Looks do count to some degree, but in your case, you're just trying to find a decent excuse.