Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Looking to buy a dog

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wondering what your opinions of the best breeds were that are also relatively cheap. Not trying to spend a fortune, but I also realize you get what you pay for. My biggest things are finding a dog that doesn't shed a lot (I don't want a bunch of hair clumps all over the house), can be easily trained, is kid friendly, and can easily adapt to being both inside as well as outside.

-Scars

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
German Shepherds are my favorite. Here are mine: http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x252/dotheopposite/2shepherds-1.jpg Everyone knows cops have the best guns. They also have the best dogs. Owning a German Shepherd is like having your own personal Secret Service agent.

But you live in Arizona, and you want a dog without a lot of hair. Unless you want a lap dog, you're probably looking at some sort of a bulldog. My cousin has an American Bulldog. They are bigger than English Bulldogs, enough to scare someone, and a lot cheaper. My girlfriend loves boxers, which are basically tall and playful bulldogs. We have mutt who is 1/2 boxer, 1/4 french bulldog and 1/4 sharpei: http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x252/dotheopposite/0809121940.jpg He is an adopted shelter pet that we found at www.petfinder.com

Whatever dog you get - crate train it immediately. That will make your life much easier. Dogs are den animals, and they actually like being in the crate after they get used to it.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a good German Shepard is going to cost you some serious money though. my dad paid about 1100 dollars for his.\

I bought ghostzapper, my Alaskan malumette, for 200 bucks. full blooded. this is him on the right

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy99/ghostzapper/l_44087e96c8fa42d3bafacff6674c7ee6.jpg

though he's older now that was 6 years ago

he's about what... 95 pounds now. he's not small but he's not German shepard big either. but he isn't' all that much smaller either. i got a 4 year old son who practices being a jockey on his back lol and rides him around the house. it's kinda cute. so yeah kid friendly. i got him when my little sister was like 3-4 years old and never had a problem with hi around her. i have other pets too and he's pretty tolerance of other pets as long as they aren't as big as he is. kids come over here all the time and he will sniff themt o death but other than that, that's really it.

however he's extremely protective of the house. if he feels that any of us in danger you are in trouble. he damn near bit a girl's leg off i was ****ing when she threw a vase at my head. she had to go to the hospital.

i recommend him beucase they dont' bark and they don';t shed whatsoever. they clean themselves. i have to wash him maybe 2 times a year. doesn't leave an odor around the house or anything extremely clean dogs.

though highly intelligent and very stubborn.

they generally like cold climates but i live in LA and as long as we have a sprinker on or something he's good to go.

ps- can't stress it enoguh they HAVE to be walked, and not some little bull **** down the street and back walk, i mean a good 30-45 mintue wlak, if not two times, daily or you will have issues. they have to have exercise and a lot of it. my wife jogs every morning and just takes him with her.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The malmutes are probably pedigreed, right? Huskies tend to be really bad inside dogs, but maybe Malamutes are different.

My shepherd male on the left was $150. His breeders were idiots, but he's a fine pet. If I got attacked by a small bear, he would be very handy. Although he has a decent pedigree, he's far too tall and floppy-eared for German show standards.

My female on the right was $400. That breeder is up to $500 now. He's a county cop who knows his dogs. He has bloodlines that are just as good as the $1200-1500 dogs. I picked from a litter of which the mother's father was a Hungarian V1 champion. There is a champion every year and a V1 dog about every three or four. I picked the most aggressive from the litter, and in retrospect, she probably would have been happier being owned by a cop. She reminds me of Hitler's dog.

Violet_Fox

Reaction score
My parents do have an American Pitbull Terrier and in my opinion is the best family dog out there. They do not lose that much hair, or at least you do not see them right away because of his short hair.

The thing about german shepards that they smell of "dog". A couple of friends do have shepards and everytime you caress him you hands stink.
Which on the other hand you do not have on a short-haired dog, like the above mentioned APT.

Well they paid about 1.5k however they wanted a pure-race with papers...so i guess you can get one for around 500 bucks, considering you are going to a breeder which should be a member of an official dog club or something.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like ****erspaniels the most. A lot of attitude but not the aggressive type. More cheeky and big personalities.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rottweilers.

I grew up with 5-6 rottweilers throughout my childhood as my dad used to have them as guard dogs at his warehouse. They also came home as well and lived outside in the backyard. Awesome dogs, very fun and caring but will also scare the sh1t out of everyone else they don't know.