Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Looking for right Protein

Italia

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm looking for a VERY good effective, High-Quality Protein shake.
I went to GNC and looked at a few of the products they were displaying and I've found a couple that seems to be good. Also what is the difference between GNC products and Wal-Mart brands? I mean I see some at Wal-Mart having HIGHER protein per serving than the ones at GNC. Are they all the same, just that GNC is name brand? Is it that GNC's products consists of a more complex form of protein? Also a another question, is No-Xplode a worthy product to purchase, does it really give you a great energy boost( Extra reps)

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Milk.

Drink two pints of it after your workout, and you'll get 30g of protein and a whole lot of fat and carbohydrates.

Going at only 40p per pint (15g of protein), it's cheaper than any protein shake you can buy

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptainJ said:
Milk.

Drink two pints of it after your workout, and you'll get 30g of protein and a whole lot of fat and carbohydrates.

Going at only 40p per pint (15g of protein), it's cheaper than any protein shake you can buy
not everyone can digest milk

OP like quag said true protein is good, on, eas will also be fine. No need for the NO Explode.

djnc

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good article on different proteins

I prefer ON Pro Complex because its easy to mix and has a good amount of amino acids and such in it. I take ON Casein at night since it's digested slower.

Make sure you take some creatine before your workout, and then the protein as soon after as you can. If you throw casein in too, try to take it right before bed, and if you want to you can take it if you know there is a span of time you won't intake any protein.

As for the NO Explode, I have it now, and it does give me quite the energy boost. I believe that it is mainly due to the caffeine in it, but I'm not sure. I bought it because I needed another $20 on my order to get a free $20 shirt or something so I decided to throw that on there. I only use 1 scoop (it recommends 1-3 before working out) and I get enough of a boost, if you want to you, try it, it should give you some energy.

djnc

Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
not everyone can digest milk

OP like quag said true protein is good, on, eas will also be fine. No need for the NO Explode.
You can always throw in some soy milk if you can't digest milk. I usually have at least a gallon of Silk chocolate milk in my refrigerator.

Smack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tumescentliposuction said:
Hello...
Its OK if you are taking protein but i heard that excess of protein is also harmful for the health....
Um, it's a bit more complicated than that. You're being extremely vague and not quantifying anything.

Source for that claim?

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're Canadian, you'll have President's Choice whey protein isolate available to you. If you mix the vanilla flavored whey with chocolate milk, it will taste phenomenal. It shakes and dissolves well, with no clumps or froth.

It's 27g protein per 30g scoop. It's also cheap as hell, averaging about 30 bucks for a kg of powder.

It's the best whey proten I've tried, bar none.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luveno said:
If you're Canadian, you'll have President's Choice whey protein isolate available to you. If you mix the vanilla flavored whey with chocolate milk, it will taste phenomenal. It shakes and dissolves well, with no clumps or froth.

It's 27g protein per 30g scoop. It's also cheap as hell, averaging about 30 bucks for a kg of powder.

It's the best whey proten I've tried, bar none.
Superstore?? Or where do you get it?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tumescentliposuction said:
Hello...
Its OK if you are taking protein but i heard that excess of protein is also harmful for the health....
Yes. If you're stupid and eat an entire tub of whey in one sitting it can damage your kidneys, and other things too. People have done this.

Protein can also damage kidneys if you're diabetic or have kidney problems to begin with.

Cableguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Myofusion chocolate is the shizznit.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Superstore?? Or where do you get it?
Yes, that's where I purchase it. I recommend it totally.

Connor99

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Yes. If you're stupid and eat an entire tub of whey in one sitting it can damage your kidneys, and other things too. People have done this.

Protein can also damage kidneys if you're diabetic or have kidney problems to begin with.

Too much protein is bad for you

some people get carried away with all these shakes and powders

You really should be using this stuff if you miss a meal....not just slamming them back every day

get protein from FOOD

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I am mesmerized: how in the world can the average human eat 0.5 grams of protein for every pound they weigh, every day?
According to the articles you find of the Internet, most of the humans should be protein starved and maybe dead.

150 pounds -> 75g of protein
Where do you find so much protein every day?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChalengeGuyFan said:
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I am mesmerized: how in the world can the average human eat 0.5 grams of protein for every pound they weigh, every day?
According to the articles you find of the Internet, most of the humans should be protein starved and maybe dead.

150 pounds -> 75g of protein
Where do you find so much protein every day?
My diet consists mostly of meat and veggies. And nuts. Protein doesn't just come from meat. And its suggested to eat 1.0g/lb of bodyweight.

S.Y.L

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Connor99 said:
Too much protein is bad for you

some people get carried away with all these shakes and powders

You really should be using this stuff if you miss a meal....not just slamming them back every day

get protein from FOOD
No it isn't.

Don't rely on JUST protein powder for your daily amount of protein, its better to get it from food. Protein shakes are a good way to get extra protein in if you havent had enough. Plus Whey goes directley to your muscles, so its good for after workouts.

Btw, I reccomend a 5LB tub of Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard whey. Strawberry tastes awesome, and its not too expensive. It will last you like 3-4 months too, its a huge container. It works out to be less than $10/lb

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Strawberry really that good? I always get double Choc ON 100% gold whey cause i'm too scared everything else will just taste like crap.

You know, too sweet, too chemically, etc, etc. There was this 'maxs' protein i tried once...Australia brand with some huge beast of a man drawn on it...it was cheap...and had lots of protein...almost made me throw up.