Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

(long) I shouldnt feel this bad, but I do.. Major developments in the one-itis saga..

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a feeling this is going to be a huge post.. alot has happened and my feelings are all over the place.. if you cant be arsed to read it all just skip to the end where I make my pleas for support.

The girl who I was so interested in (who has a long term boyfriend) stayed over on thurs and fri, night. it was clear her plan was not to seduce me or try and get me into bed, but what with it being the last time I'm going to see her I wanted to try something.

What with it being the end of our course, we'd all been drinking all afternoon, nothing out of the ordinary happened till we got to the club at the end... but my memory is very patchy, I didnt spend much time with her untill the last couple of hours (when we were buying each other rounds and spent alot of time together, mostly on the dance floor).. but I dont remember doing or saying anything I hadnt or wouldnt have done before, except maybe for when I was dancing/grinding with her near the end, she was dancing back with me, but she did break off, and then we didnt dance like that again.. Later one of my friends who had met me later (he knew how I felt) came to me and said "I think you should know, that me and your mate just pulled..". I also noticed earlier in the evening she had been trying to dance with random guys on the dancefloor too. I cant remember why I didnt grill him for details at the time, but he told me today that they had been talking and she had leaned over and kissed him, then he'd said "no, this is wrong, tom likes you", he cant remember exactly what she said back but he got the impression that she already knew or suspected as much... if she did, I'm hurt that she would try and pull one of my friends (this was the first time she had met him too, so its not like she had any feelings for him). I spent time with her in the club talking after this, but I dont think I brought it up or she did either

by the end of the night it was just the 3 of us left.. I dont remember leaving, my first memory of the walk home is about half way there (10 mins worth) when I think she asked me some sort of question about my feelings.. I said something like "yeah.. I do like you" and then turned to my friend and said "and I dunno what the f*ck you were playing at, you knew I fancied her!" (this was before he'd told me it was her making the moves, and I dont really think this guy would have screwed me over like that). She repeatedly denied that anything had happened, and claimed he was lying. about 5 mins later my friend went home to his house and me and the girl carried on walking to mine, we stayed up talking and drinking at home for about an hour and a half, but I dont really remember much of what was said...

All I really remember her saying is stuff like, "I just cant believe it, I always just thought you were a good friend, I never thought" I remember interrupting and saying, "no, I am a good friend and look I'm sorry about all this, but I couldnt help the fact that I like you" I also said I was amazed she didnt suspect earlier in the year as I thought I was being too obvious.. (my ec and kino with her etc. plus the level of attention I showed her is much more than with anyone else I know) but she still claimed not to suspect. I dont know whether my dancing with her was what got her suspecting (if so I hate the fact that she still went and pulled my friend) we also talked a bit about one of her housemates that I fancied and that she definitely did know I liked. What filled up the rest of the time I dont know.. but I did bust a C+F line at the end,

for some reason she asked me something like, is there anything you want me to do for you, and I said, (jokingly) "well a blow job would be nice" :D she laughed and said "no.. I dont think so" I was like "go onnnn.." and she.. claimed "I dont do that for my boyfriend so I'm not going to do it for you" (not sure if I believe that)

Now it gets more complicated again.. my friend used to live with me, and still hasnt handed over his key to my house to the landlord, I got up at 8 (may have been woken by the front door) and went to the bathroom, I could hear voices from the room she was staying in, I knocked on the door and then walked in.. she was in bed in her pajamas, and my friend was lying across the bottom of the bed (fully clothed, but different clothes from last night) I said "what the hell are you doing here?" and he said "I just came over to clear the air", then she said to me do you want to sit down, and then shifted over and I got into bed next to her.. she went to the toilet at one point and to get a drink and I grilled my friend, this was when he told me she made the move on him, and he'd just come over to "clear the air" because he felt partly responsible and because he knew from experience she might want someone to talk to who wasnt me.. but said she hadnt been that talkative about it.. I think I believe him (dont think he was trying anything) but theres still a nagging doubt.

she was pretty much completely normal with me.. I apologised again, asked her why she'd pulled my friend when she had a boyfriend (she simply said "I was drunk" that was it) I remember at one point when she said something about her boyfriend I said "I dont know why you're with him, you clearly dont care about him", she said "yes I do, I love him", and I said, "no you clearly don't, I've seen how you are with him, you never say anything good about him, and you pulled my mate last night" she had no response to that..

the rest of the morning she was completely normal with me, but it was clear she didnt really want to talk about it all anymore, she would talk about it, but she didnt ask me any questions or expand more than necessary. I decided it was best not to press the issue.. One of her friends phoned her, I heard the first bit of her conversation before she left the room, when she obviously answered "how was last night?" with "a bit of a disaster".. I remember both last night, and in the morning we'd talked about me moving on (emotionally) and the fact that there were plenty of other women out there...

Anyway, as we walked into town to get some brunch and meet her boyfriend I said to her "look, are we ok now?" and she said, "yeah, its fine. I just want things to go back to how they were, lets not talk about it anymore" and for the rest of the morning even when her boyfriend turned up, things were completely normal.. she didnt pay me any less attention than she normally would have and she was just as talkative. Lastly when she left we kissed each other on the cheek, I said to her, stay in touch, she said, yeah let me know what you're up to.. I said I'll come visit you and helen (one of our mutual friends) in oxford sometime (before last night this would have felt normal, but now.. although I said it, I didnt really believe it) and she said, "email me, cos I'm rubbish at keeping in touch with people" (this I know to be true, but obviously a phone call is alot easier than email)

So I dunno.. I thought it might feel better to have it all out in the open, but I've just replaced one set of sources of dissatisfaction and fear with another.. now I'm worried that our friendship is wrecked (despite the fact that she said we were still friends and was acting normal to me in the morning). Although I may have let her know too much how much I liked her, I at no point tried to convince her that she should leave her bf for me, or that she ought to love me. (at least I dont think I did, I think I would have remembered saying that sort of stuff) I think It will probably be ok but I'm not sure, untill I'm truly not interested in her (shoudnt take too long now I'm not seeing her every day) and she knows that too, I think things will still feel awkward (even if on the surface it feels normal).
I'm hurt by the fact that she pulled my friend while possibly knowing that I was interested in her although I dont think she consciously thought about it (she was very drunk). And of course I'm a bit paranoid that a lot more went on between her and my friend than I know about, but I dont really believe that. I feel like I want to call her and talk about this more, but I know it'll do no good, and I honestly dont know what I'd say other than asking her if I'd done anything on the night to give her the idea I liked her, and trying to get the truth about whether she really felt ok about it and what our friendship would be like in the future. As it is I think I'll wait at least 3 or 4 weeks before I contact her, that way I've got something to say other than just asking her about us. As things are I doubt she'll contact me, she'll expect me to call or email and maybe be dissapointed if I dont.. But I do want to to stay in touch with her (and I think I was one of her friends who she cared about, she just wont want to run the risk of giving me the wrong idea neither does she want to feel awkward.) She really has been one of the best mates I've had my whole life, I just hope I havent screwed things up..

What have I learned, dont get one-itis. Thats it.. I'm still glad I managed to get to talk to her about it, but I'm pissed off about the way it came out, and that now our friendship is uncertain.. I think given alot more time (which i didnt have) I may have been able to steal her but, I think it would still have been a waste of effort and I'd be better seeing other girls. my head knows too, that no matter what my heart feels a relationship with her would probably not have worked and done me more harm than good, (she treats her current boyfriend pretty badly and has him wrapped around her finger)

contd...

Last edited:

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So, share experiences.. who else has managed to salvage friendship after such an experience (I know some of you will tell me not to bother but, romantic feelings aside she has been one of my best mates who I can talk to about pretty much anything, If we can put this behind us I dont see why it should change) is distance an advantage or not (not seeing each too often is good, but it also means you can lose contact more easily especially while things feel weird)

getting tired now.. I really need to go to sleep, hopefully it shouldnt be too hard.. and hopefully soon I shouldnt have to sleep alone, moving to a new town soon, so new job, means new friends, means new chicks..

like I said in the title, I shouldnt feel too bad, it could have gone really badly, and now that I dont have to see her every day I shouldnt find it too hard moving on, and she was perfectly normal with me, but I hate this fear that I've just lost a good friend...

Donny Brasco

Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel for you buddy...

Just role with the punches. Move on and try to enjoy life. Some day some thing will come along and profoundly change your life and you'll wonder why you worried about small things like this.

JustDoItAlways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pain

It was painful reading that.

Girls like this always bring pain to everyone they meet.

I usually say something along the lines of "no pain, no gain" in these kind of situations.

But this girl likes bringing pain to you and that is not my definition of a friend.

"no friendship, no contact, no pain" is my new motto for this kind of situation.

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ouch.
That one hadta hurt.

FTOW and keep your powder dry bro,
Mike.

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Pain

Well, I've just had one of the worst nights sleep of my life..

whats FTOW short for?

Originally posted by JustDoItAlways

Girls like this always bring pain to everyone they meet.
this girl likes bringing pain to you ..
What makes you say that? shes never done anything to hurt me... We've been good mates and shes helped me alot. the only thing thats happened is what I said, that could be her deliberately trying to hurt me is If she pulled my friend while knowing I liked her (which I'm not sure she did).. but early in the evening, (before I was giving her loads and loads of attention) she was trying to dance with other random guys too, I think she'd had alot to drink and decided she wanted to pull someone (but not me obviously) with no complications, when she got talking to my friend she took the opportunity since the guys on the dancefloor weren't interested or dancing with her..

But I know staying in contact with her while I still have strong feelings for her will do me more harm than good, so I'm going to try and minimise contact till I feel like I've gotten over her.

Even so I still feel terrible.. like I said I hate the fact that she still may have pulled my friend knowingly, and hasn't apologised to me about it.. I hate the fact that I cant remember what I was doing with her or saying to her towards the end of the evening, I hate the fact that I cant remember most of the conversation we had about us in the kitchen when we got back, I hate the fact that my friend came over to clear the air and now I'm paranoid about that and I want to know what they said to each other yesterday morning and to each other last night, I hate the fact that she clearly doesnt care about her boyfriend but it seems like she never considered me as a suitable replacement (I never ever had the impression she was interested really while I knew her) and I miss her and hate the fact that untill I sort my feelings out I've effectively lost her as a friend..

most of all though.. despite the fact that I never really thought she was interested (although I had a small hope that we could just have a no strings night of sex on friday night, it was clear to me she didnt care about the boyfriend) I'm hurt finding out that she never suspected I was interested or thought about me in that way. I'm not angry with her for not loving me.. I'm just angry with myself, I'm finding it so hard to believe that I'm going to meet someone whos going to love me after all this, my self confidence has just taken a major major blow..

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
mornings...

wow.. I cant believe how bad mornings (and evenings are) for being depressed...

now an hour or so later from my last post, I'm feeling alot more awake, just had a chat with one of my friends on the phone about all this crap, and I'm feeling in a pretty good mood again, I'm looking forward to the future and trying to meet someone new..

I am still worried of course that it may be awhile before I'm back being friends with this chick, but its no longer an overwhelming black cloud on my emotional state..

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
F*ck ten other women!.
other women?

I thought that was f*ck ten oversize women!

StuartSan your one sounds much less work!

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Walden
F*ck ten other women!.
other women?

I thought that was f*ck ten oversize women!

StuartSan your one sounds much less work!
Very good idea,

if only it was as easily said as done.

anyway, spent most of yesterday, while moving from uni back to home in the car with my dad.. and spent
most of the time talking about all this, then when at home, spent alot of time talking with mum about
it too, and now today I'm feeling better.

I still dont feel great, but thats for reasons that were happening anyway, regardless of fridays
events.

Anyway, I've realised stewing over everything that happened that night is pointless, the chances are
she remembers as few of the details as me, obviously I still feel a bit hurt about the fact that she
tried to pull my mate, but I had no claim over her that meant she shouldn't and people don't think
straight when drunk, I know I certainly wasn't. I also realised that getting into a relationship with
her (although it was probably never going to happen) would probably have been a bad idea, I'm sure I'd
have ended up gettting hurt. Shes best just kept as a friend.

Basically, the past is the past, and theres nothing you can do about it to change it. So its best to
look to the future. I've also realised that since we parted on such good terms, our friendship in the
future will probably be similar to how it would have been anyway, since we dont live near to each
other it'll only be occasional phone calls or emails via which we contact each other, the only
difference is that now it may be longer before it seems right for me to go visit her.

So the reasons I'm still feeling a bit down, well firstly she's just dissapeared from my life as a
good friend (this was happening regardless of friday) and I'm already missing having her around as a
mate. Secondly I've just moved back home with my mum, not having any job planned for after uni, so I'm
missing all my other friends too, I have no friends from school left around here really, so I'm kind
of lacking in a social life in this town, and I'm worried about the future and that I may be lonely
over the next few months, its not going to be as fun as the last year or so of my life has been, and
I'm going to miss the good times I had. I also know I will miss living with close friends who are
always there to talk to, and having close friends at work or whatever too, but IF I get a decent job I
MAY be lucky with the second one. Thats going to be the subject of another thread actually, what job
should I get to a) meet loads of chicks and b) make some good friends/get a social life..

Provided I keep myself busy I'm not stewing over it too much. Its late at night and first thing in the
morning that is the worst. Today I was walking round town, and seeing a few of the women about
reminded me that I do find other women attractive and am interested in them if shes not around. I'm
still finding it hard to believe that I'll meet someone who I'm as happy to be around as I was with
her, but I'm willing to give it a try. I think I may start on the boot camp, it'll take my mind off
her hopefully, keep me busy and hopefully lead to some decent chicks too.. I'm also going to look to
join a gym or more likely buy my own weights stuff, its about time I sorted myself out, being 6'4" and
only having a 28" waist and 32" chest is not right and chicks do not find this attractive.. if I could
get myself up to a normal weight I'm sure I'd be in the top tier looks wise and have a lot more
success in clubs..

juaneo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel your pain man, I've been in exactly the same position too many times in the past.

Going over things in your head trying to rationalise her behaviour is the worst thing you can do. If a woman is interested in you she will make it easy for you both to get together and not come up with lame a$$ excuses.

Women are not logical creatures, so there could be a 1001 reasons why she did or said certain things. The best thing for you to do right now is move on and get on with your life without her.

From what you've said, you have a way to go on your journey to djism, I've been coming to this board for 3 years now, but only recently started posting.

One of the best things I got from this site was being introduced to Dave D'Aangelos's stuff at doubleyourdating dot com. I know some of the guys on this board may dissagree, but in my opinion his stuff is THE BEST, the advanced series is AWESOME!! If you do nothing else sign up for his free newsletter. Sure, a lot of the stuff he says you can get on this site, but he puts it across in a way which is easy to understand.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Juaneo