Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Long haired guys -- how have the ladies responded to it?

-E-

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey all,

As I might have mentioned I'm growing my hair long. It's down to about my shoulders now but I love having long hair and am going to let it grow as long as it can naturally get. It's an integral part of who I am and cutting it just ain't gonna happen. :) I find that long hair changes the dynamic of just about EVERY outfit you could wear, especially if you have the physique to go with it. Show up to a club in business casual and your hair in a tail, and it makes you look like much more than some guy who didn't change out of his clothes after work. Wear jeans and a leather jacket and it compliments the "bad boy" look. So many options.

I want to ask you other longhair Don Juans out there how it's worked for you, and what kind of responses you've gotten in the field based on it?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-E- said:
and am going to let it grow as long as it can naturally get.
Sounds kinda gross. There's a limit.

I have mine just touching my shoulders. It's a little long. Response has been great. Fits better than short for me.

Exhumed

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I think it depends on the person, but medium length (covering the forehead and over the eyes a little bit) usually looks good, and you usually can't go wrong with short hair, as it's more masculine.

I've had my hair at various lengths, and for me short is best. I'll have girls playing with my hair and saying how much they love it when it's medium length, but I get opened more often and get checked out more when it's short. Never had it at ponytail length, I wouldn't do that. Really long hair looks dirty and effeminate on a dude. It's only cool if you're a rock star.

-E-

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well be that as it may, I greatly enjoy long hair and I'm not going to change who I am in the hopes of attracting more women. Long hair is me, and long hair it will be. Screw 'em if they don't like it, they can kiss my ass.

Archaxis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mine's halfway down my back (yes, I f**king wash, trim, brush, and put product in it to keep it looking neat :nono:)... I play rock/metal, produce bands, design guitars... it fits my gig and I ain't changing it. I wholeheartedly disagree with the whole "short hair = masculine" thing. Men evolved to grow hair on their heads to their respective terminal lengths just like women. There's not even any gender information that can be derived from hair, it's all more indicative of age and especially racial origins. You know, it's typically some clean shaven guy making the aforementioned statement, too. If there's anything men frequently do that mimics femininity, scraping ones face to the point of prepubescent-like smoothness into adulthood that's just about as "fem" as it gets. At least let some stubble come in every once and a while. You're not a 13-year old girl. Seriously who's more masculine and who's more fem: Bizarrely smoothy Abercrombie catalog homos or Amon Amarth? Hint: The ones getting chest wax jobs on their tits are more fem, and the ones swilling mead out of a f**king hollowed out animal horn are more masculine. :yes:

Plenty of men in history split heads open, ravaged women, and conquered lands with long locks... generally some hair on their faces too. Short hair on men these days are a residual of 20th-century soldier cuts (it made sense in trench warfare during the first two world wars due to issues with lice), but much like instant coffee and tucking your shirt into your pants, it's a waning concept. Really, the acceptance of longer hairstyles on men ebbs and flows on seemingly 5-year cycles in western society. I'm cool one minute, I'm a freak the next. Its more about cliquey associations and their respective mantles. Whatever... I don't think that hard about it.

As for women, they don't seem to say one way or another 99.98% of the time. Every once in a while, a chick will come up and get all wet over it. But, honestly, I can't stand the company of women anymore, and now that I'm 33, I avoid the utter s**t out of them. I focus mainly on my work, music, freelance projects, and hang with my bandmates or other bands after shows. People used to tell me when you didn't give a crap about women and focus on your accomplishments, that's when they'd come a runnin'... 'cause they "can't resist that 'I don't care attitude". That's a crock of s**t, really, in case you were wondering... LOL... but really, I could care less.

"Disregard females, acquire currency" :up:

-E-

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice post bro. I fully agree with everything you said.

Don't know why some people think long hair on guy = dirty... Most other longhairs I see out an about take good care of theirs, just like me.

Perfect

Don Juan
Reaction score
Long hair don't care, b!tch

Rho

Don Juan
Reaction score
the majority of girls prefer short over long.

Ive gone from long to medium to short.

With long hair, past the shoulders, you get stereotyped as a metalhead and also the least amount of interest from girls by a long margin.

You get some fangirls of medium surfer style hair, and that is generally the younger set.

I find I get way more interest from females when I have short or medium-short hairstyle.

JCballin88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have ranged from medium-length to practically bald, and haven't noticed a huge difference. Personally I like to have shortly buzzed hair because it's so much easier to manage, and it keeps my head cooler in the summer. Since girls haven't seemed to care one way or another, I prefer to keep it the way I most enjoy it.

The most attractive girl I was ever involved with was all over me with the short buzzed hair/beard combo. But I also don't look bad with a little faux-hawk.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'd better have one hell of a hair dresser to pull off the long hair look. Whenever I see someone with hair down to their shoulders, going for the natural look, they always look socially retarded, simply because of their hair.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women absolutely love my hair. It's like a goddam disease, they've always got to get their hands in it. The funny part is my long hair looks better than most women's hair. Women are hard on their hair - they blowdry the 5hit out of it, straighten it, curl it, dye it, put all kinds of chemicals in it, and it ends up brittle, dry, frizzy, and 5hitty looking.

Then they get ahold of my hair: nice, natural colored, soft, and sits perfectly in place. Then they start fvcking braiding it, LOL!

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried them but didnt felt too comfortable and no girl told they were fine on me so i moved to short hair cut,i make them grow a little bit more only from nov to apr because of the cold.

Reaction score
I did have long hair a few years ago. I thought it looked okay, but...One day I just looked in the mirror and felt that I looked ridiculous and had it cut.

I guess it is just an age thing. After a certain point, it starts to look immature and cheesy.

2crudedudes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to get compliments once in a while when I had my hair down to my shoulders. Now I get more compliments for having cut my hair :p

C-quenced

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well be that as it may, I greatly enjoy long hair and I'm not going to change who I am in the hopes of attracting more women. Long hair is me, and long hair it will be. Screw 'em if they don't like it, they can kiss my ass.

Only problem with this is employers as they find it "unprofessional" and want their companies represented in a certain way :rolleyes: . Welcome to corperate America.

Personally I always hated having short hair. I feel so out of place, very much like something isn't right I just can't explain it. Guys with this mentality are very difficult to come across as we are in the minority. I had about 2 feet of hair and decided to get a military cut and deeply regretted ever since, but at least now it's almost all back.

In my personal experiences as far as the ladies go the long hair does work to my favor. Many claim to prefer the shorter hair on guys but ironically the hair alone turns me into rock star (on a lower scale of course). It's definitely a ***** magnet but I also used to hit the gym almost everyday and was in much better shape than I'm in now. But then again whatever you do just make sure it's not for trying to get chicks.

C-quenced

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriously who's more masculine and who's more fem: Bizarrely smoothy Abercrombie catalog homos or Amon Amarth?

I met Amon Amarth and I don't think most chicks really dig that look unless they're into that specific music scene. The fact that they're in a band helps but the grungy clothes and the greasy unkempt hair doesn't roll with most women lol.

C-quenced

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Only problem with this is employers as they find it "unprofessional" and want their companies represented in a certain way :rolleyes: . Welcome to corperate America.

Personally I always hated having short hair. I feel so out of place, very much like something isn't right I just can't explain it. Guys with this mentality are very difficult to come across as we are in the minority. I had about 2 feet of hair and decided to get a military cut and deeply regretted ever since, but at least now it's almost all back.

In my personal experiences as far as the ladies go the long hair does work to my favor. Many claim to prefer the shorter hair on guys but ironically the hair alone turns me into rock star (on a lower scale of course). It's definitely a ***** magnet but I also used to hit the gym almost everyday and was in much better shape than I'm in now. But then again whatever you do just make sure it's not for trying to get chicks.

-E-

Don Juan
Reaction score
C-quenced... I've got a great IT career going at a great corporation and they, like many other corporations, have no problem with my long hair.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to maintain both a mane and a career if everything else about you is in place.

Blurry

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have curly hair so I keep my hair long usually. Short hair is less hassle though so if you look good with short hair stick to that. I look stupid with short hair so I have to keep mine long.

Girls like my hair because its curly, but I don't think long straight hair would be too great unless you can pull it off.