Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

LMFAO - Poor Guy

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I refuse to acknowledge that this man has a penis.

bukowski_merit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a guy in a similar situation except instead of cancer his wife has a severe case of fibromyalgia which makes her pretty much incapable of doing womanly duties. So this guy does the dishes, laundry, cooks, cleans, buys everything for the house, etc....

I don't fault him for it though.... they've been married 30 or so years and she's only been like this 5 years or so... In situations like this - i think you live in a frame where you pretty much have to feel like a single male living by himself... you're going to have to do those things anyway...

nothing wrong with taking care of someone when they're ill....

however, allowing a woman to call you her "wife"........ is ridiculous =)

MeteorMash

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok....what's wrong? I don't see the problem here

This man's wife feel ill, so now he has to step up and pull weight for both parties?

I salute that man. That's what a true husband would do for his family.

and the wife comment? I'm sure she was only joking/ praising her husband, as most of the time i'm sure wives do more than their fair share when it comes to cooking, cleaning, house duties, work, etc. I don't think it was meant to be taken as a Jab to men or her husband's manhood in anyway. It was a very complimentary thing to say.

However I'm not sure when caring became a feminine trait. Shouldn't a strong man care and work hard for his family? The wife comment makes it seem so, but even you guys on here act like if he isn't being an ass to her and not giving a fvck than he is somehow less of a man. That type of "bad-boy" dude is exactly what she was talking about in her article. enough with that BS. I think husbands and men worldwide need to step up and take their place as leaders and providers, not players and hard-assess

I would only hope to have the strength that man has in that situation.

He is caring for the woman he loves. That what a true man does.

Phenomenal One

Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is she's calling her HUSBAND, her Wife.
It's not a compliment, it's an insult.

Another problem is the negative grouping of men, when did some people automatically assume the husband was a "good-for-nothing, lazy slob" ?

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MeteorMash said:
ok....what's wrong? I don't see the problem here

This man's wife feel ill, so now he has to step up and pull weight for both parties?

I salute that man. That's what a true husband would do for his family.

and the wife comment? I'm sure she was only joking/ praising her husband, as most of the time i'm sure wives do more than their fair share when it comes to cooking, cleaning, house duties, work, etc. I don't think it was meant to be taken as a Jab to men or her husband's manhood in anyway. It was a very complimentary thing to say.

However I'm not sure when caring became a feminine trait. Shouldn't a strong man care and work hard for his family? The wife comment makes it seem so, but even you guys on here act like if he isn't being an ass to her and not giving a fvck than he is somehow less of a man. That type of "bad-boy" dude is exactly what she was talking about in her article. enough with that BS. I think husbands and men worldwide need to step up and take their place as leaders and providers, not players and hard-assess

I would only hope to have the strength that man has in that situation.

He is caring for the woman he loves. That what a true man does.
I concur with you, IF she is was a young virgin who treated me well when I met her. If not she is just some tramp that i would dump the moment things got a little rocky. Harsh? Not at all. I believe treating females with total respect IF they have chosen to live their lives in a manner that deserves respect. Same goes for men.

It is for these reasons why I love myself so damn much. I treat people the way they deserved to be treated. I am a rarity these days. And guess what? Girls love me for it. Sexually active girls want to be treated for what they are - tramps. Most girls who have morals want to be respected for going in that direction. In other words, I am giving them what they want!

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a woman ever referred to me as her "wife", I would go buy a bag of Beechnut just so I could spit a huge one in her eye.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that he's being called a "wife" in jest. Not to be taken seriously.

Once again, a MAN is primarily someone who takes care of his own. His own property and his own family and himself. That is the end all and be all of manhood. The rest is pretty much just for show.

So this "wife" is being a man.

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude the entire article is built on the premise that 'wife' >>> 'husband' first of all. So even when this guy steps up and takes care of his family, its not a credit to him as a man, its a credit to him DESPITE being a man.

And honestly, I don't really care. I'm beyond getting all uppity over this "the feminist media wants to destroy all men" stuff. I just couldn't believe there was actually an article going so far as to promote a man being called a 'wife' like its some enlightened view.

And one of comments to the article was something like "Oh please send your wife to me!! I need a wife! I'll do anything for him. Well, almost anything. ;)" INDEED.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forty0ztoFreedom said:
Dude the entire article is built on the premise that 'wife' >>> 'husband' first of all. So even when this guy steps up and takes care of his family, its not a credit to him as a man, its a credit to him DESPITE being a man.
The article is actually built on that there are more nice guys than society would have you think. And that they are better mates than bad boys. An article that is actually an anathema to this site but in a different way.

Focusing on the "wife" part is missing the forest for the trees. I could care less if my girlfriend called me her "wife" in a joking manner when I am being particularly attentive. I am attentive because I like it and she likes it. It's not an act. It's not to win her over. It's because that's what a partner should do. So casual jibes don't bother me. Now if it WAS intended to curry favor then I might be put off since my plan wasn't working.