Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Living in a Small Town SUCKS!

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It really does. The only women here are fat ugly trolls that wouldn't know how to do anything interesting or fun if it fell in their pick up trucks. The nearest city is almost 3 hours away, and there is no way I can afford to go there just to sarge and "maybe" get a date.

Honestly, all you guys that live in bigger centers have it lucky when it comes to being social and meeting women. My village, and that's exactly what it is, is 1100 people. So I don't know how so many guys can come on here and complain that they can't meet women in a place that has 100x to 1000x more people than my town.

It's not enough that my town is so god damn small you can see across it from main street, but after 6:30 pm it becomes deserted. There is nothing to ****ing do after 6:30pm because they closed the bar for good. Now the nearest bar near here is 40 min drive and it's always packed with stinking old hippies. My friend from Ottawa came down to visit me because he's from the area, and we ended up driving half way (1.5hrs) back to Ottawa looking for a strip bar (that didn't exist) after the hippie bar closed.

I am starting to lose my mind from living out here and I can't take it. I am bored and lonely and afraid I might really be getting cabin fever. I also have an incredibly low self esteem. I just don't see how I can ever get a gf or even a ons, since I am out of shape and out of the game for so long. I am only 25 but I can't see how I am going to get things turned a round any time soon. For Christ sake I haven't even had a gf yet. My longest relationship was only 3 months at most.

I know I have negative thinking, but I don't know how I can change that when the situation seems to bleak.

scrouds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you considered opening a bar?
...Sometimes if you want something you just have to go DIY

daygameguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop hating. Be happy. Life can be more cruel than that.

Make friends with the entire town. Give value and make them invest in having conversations with you.

Whenever you go into any run down bar or something, at least you will be the rockstar of the town.

Use the social proof, and get that one rare cutie that everyone is staring at.

daygameguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what kind of place are we talking about here?

does it have a walmart?

radiodude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know what kind of place you're talking about. I'm from one. I moved away though.

These types of towns don't even have Wal-marts or anything. In America, most of these towns, unless there is decent growth occuring in them or nearby, will be gone in 50 years. Everyones dying off and there is no place in society for these types of places anymore. They don't accept young people who want to change anything.

Most young people (18-mid 30's) can't stand to be in a town less than 30,000-40,000 anymore. Thats why small towns are dying and big ones are getting bigger.

Outside of my hometown (cause it's where my family is), there is nothing appealing to me about a place that has less than 25,000 or so people. You struggle to get some of the basic conveiniences outside of grocery, public safety, etc.

Luckily where I lived in Iowa was close to Des Moines and some other big towns so I don't have to travel far to see family.

Des Moines is between a half million and a million with some surrounding decent towns, one with a big University.

Most anybody in their 20's I know of, lives in City's that have metropolitan areas and tons of entertainment.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1,100 people? My high school was like twice as big as your entire town :crackup: That sounds terrible, I would move to a real city ASAP.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, it's funny you were the one talking all the big game and hate in my old threads, but now the tables have turned and you show your true colors. My advice? Move to somewhere better.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know how I can get out of here if there are no jobs. I was looking forward to going out west(alberta, BC) but one of my friends say there isn't any jobs out there.

I think I am trapped here. I suffer from depression and it's getting worse being in this secluded area.

Don Zorro

Don Juan
Reaction score
SharinganUser said:
I think I am trapped here. I suffer from depression and it's getting worse being in this secluded area.
Then move, christ. It's better to have a minimum wage job and be happy then whatever you do have and be killing yourself because you're too scared, depressed, or whatever to get the balls to move.

But you probably don't want that to be the answer (it's the only one really), so how about we all just feel sorry for you instead and you can feel better for 10 minutes then go back to hating your life.

Reaction score
I'm kind of in the same situation, only my town is maybe a more typical small town. It has restaurants and stores and everything but there is a shortage of attractive women or places to go for young people to meet. If you go to clothing stores in the nearby towns, you'll see occasional 6s/7s/7.5s and occasionally you'll see an 8-10 as a waitress or bartender or something or with a boyfriend or husband.

They say the idea is to approach a lot of attractive women so it seems like second nature, but if you go out somewhere and see maybe one of what you consider an 8-10 and she rejects you for whatever reason, how can you learn or get any better or meet enough women to get laid or find a quality gf?

I find myself approaching the hired guns now (sales clerks, waitresses, hostesses, etc.) because they're the best options for attractive women.

This has been pissing me off for years, but I'm in no position monetarily to make a move to a big city.

Furyguy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Grab your sac and get the **** out of the town. Whatever excuses you have that are holding you back, overcome them or stop whining.

Those are your options.

S.S.N. 318

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im gonna move back to Atlanta....Real Talk!!!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have endless chicks in a town of 15,000. But that is at least better than 1100. You should move. Get a degree and teach English as a foreign language in a far away foreign city. Or at least move to where there are more people.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
S.S.N. 318 said:
Im gonna move back to Atlanta....Real Talk!!!
600th post!!!

I've been all over! I like Alpharetta the best! It's upscale and there's a Pappadeaux and a Walmart!

To the OP: Get your ass downtown and use the social proof from this small town you stay in FTW.

I like the suburbs best cuz women are far easier to pull IMO.

Last edited:

Commandante

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SharinganUser said:
I don't know how I can get out of here if there are no jobs. I was looking forward to going out west(alberta, BC) but one of my friends say there isn't any jobs out there.
Do you want to move to a real town? (town starts at 100k inhabitants, everything under that is a village. Maybe a big fvcking one, but still a village.) If yes, than don´t ask your friend! I´m pretty sure he is a village guy too who got stuck there. I assume, you are a native english-speaker. Save some money (or get a small credit), buy a fvckin´ one way ticket to eastern europe. Focus on the capital towns of the new EU states. I´m pretty sure you will get a job as a bartender within a week only because of your native english. I know because I´m from this area. You can give private english-lessons as a second job without any teaching experience. Or study something. And belive me, the chicks are there really beautyful and adore the canadians (or any other foreigners from the west) guys like gods. I´m not kidding.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, the summer played out exactly how I thought it would, except it rained more.

I made one trip out to the capital to do a ESL course that took about a week. I was so angry at the end because NONE of my friends who actually do live in the city, wanted to go out and do anything.

I am so god damn bored right now. The bar is only open once or twice a week and it's only filled with old hippies. Its such a **** show, I don't even want to go when I am invited. There are no women here and nothing to do, I can't wait to leave this **** hole forever.

I am leaving Canada in 36 days to go over to China and I will not be moving back here anytime soon.