Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Live Life for Yourself

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read post after post about how to play your cards right with chicks. How to get this girl back that left. How to change a girls mind. Here is how to do all of that:

Walk away!

For LTRs just back off and give it some breathing room. Don't suffocate or latch on. Be respectful of their free will.

If you've come here to ask how to get a woman to do this or that, then she's obviously not playing right. If you're all up a woman's butt, then she'll take advantage of you. Have some self respect and say "no". I'm not putting up with it. I'm happy and confident with myself to know I go on without you. If she has any desire for you, she'll be back, and you'll make her work for your attention and affection. If she doesn't come back, you're were worrying over nothing because you only wasted your time.

Another thing is to make yourself a list of standards (a check list). If the woman you're interested in has anything marked out, then NEXT her. Forget her because you have standards. I promise you that if you have standards and pride in yourself, women who like you will strive to meet those standards. If they don't, then next her because one of your standards will be to find a woman with mutual respect.

Now, about living life for yourself. Stop trying to find happiness in women. Stop trying to find validation and happiness from external sources. Find happiness in yourself. Do things that excite you. Start improving yourself in areas of your life that important. If you are living in your parents at the age of 20, get yourself in school because you have a perfect opportunity right now. Find some great hobbies. Start fishing, play darts and get into some tournaments, karate, golf, take a dance class, church, get a motorcycle and find people to ride with, go on a singles cruise, make friends and make road trips, hit the gym and get your body ready for summer, and whatever else you enjoy.

Get out there and make GREAT memories. Live life like there is no tomorrow. Forget whining in your bedroom, writing love poems, and suicide notes. These women want a MAN. They want a guy who knows who he is and what he wants out of life. Stop the negativity and start the positivity.

It's hard to make one woman happy. Having several is much easier and more satisfying. If you don't have several, find other things (hobbies) that you love just as much and go after them just as hard as you do with women. That way you won't be up some woman's butt.

A woman will test you over and over, and if you're easily caught, it's over. Be the catch and stay just out of her reach. Tell yourself that you're the catch, not her!

Last edited:

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
I understand your angle but "walking away (escapism)" is not always the most progressive way to approach interpersonal issues, especially when you have true deep feeling for someone. And if people get to accustomed to walking away then the state of relationships and marriages will deteriorate even more since people wont be willing to put in good enough effort to solve problems. I believe that solving problems together makes relationships much stronger.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
I won't say your post is gold but what I will say that is I'm very impressed with you my friend. You've come a LONG way in a very short period of time. I remember when you were ignoring advice and getting sucked in. But you were one of the few guys who realized their mistakes and started listening, then seen the value in it.

I've also come to respect your advice to other guys, most times its spot on. Now to this post, theres some great advice in there and I'm glad to see that you've become one of "those" guys who come up with these manifesto type posts which are great. The reason why I said those is because I'm not one of those types, its not me and I have no desire to.

I'm not gonna bother disecting your post because I don't see any value in it. Over time you will refine your thoughts and grow. But your on the right path, keep it up.

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DonGorgon said:
I understand your angle but "walking away (escapism)" is not always the most progressive way to approach interpersonal issues, especially when you have true deep feeling for someone. And if people get to accustomed to walking away then the state of relationships and marriages will deteriorate even more since people wont be willing to put in good enough effort to solve problems. I believe that solving problems together makes relationships much stronger.
Maybe a better term would be to "back off". Give it some breathing room for LTRs, but I'm referring to women you're just getting to know and want to play games initially.

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Alright since your a quick learner and have already made adjustments to your OP, I'm going to give my 2 cents.

tick37 said:
I've read post after post about how to play your cards right with chicks. How to get this girl back that left. How to change a girls mind. Here is how to do all of that:

Walk away!

For LTRs just back off and give it some breathing room. Don't suffocate or latch on. Be respectful of their free will.
Nothing earth shattering here but good advice and oft overlooked none the less

tick37 said:
Another thing is to make yourself a list of standards (a check list). If the woman you're interested in has anything marked out, then NEXT her. Forget her because you have standards. I promise you that if you have standards and pride in yourself, women who like you will strive to meet those standards. If they don't, then next her because one of your standards will be to find a woman with mutual respect.
I agree that its very good to have standards. However you don't want to live your life so black and white that you eliminate someone because of some silly little list. That being said, you should have your definate no no's and your questionables. Some things can be overlooked.

My point is a very important part of life is the ability to compromise. You don't want to be so simple in your judgements that you remove someone from your life because of one little x on a list.

tick37 said:
Now, about living life for yourself. Stop trying to find happiness in women. Stop trying to find validation and happiness from external sources. Find happiness in yourself. Do things that excite you. Start improving yourself in areas of your life that important. If you are living in your parents at the age of 20, get yourself in school because you have a perfect opportunity right now. Find some great hobbies. Start fishing, play darts and get into some tournaments, karate, golf, take a dance class, church, get a motorcycle and find people to ride with, go on a singles cruise, make friends and make road trips, hit the gym and get your body ready for summer, and whatever else you enjoy.

Get out there and make GREAT memories. Live life like there is no tomorrow. Forget whining in your bedroom, writing love poems, and suicide notes. These women want a MAN. They want a guy who knows who he is and what he wants out of life. Stop the negativity and start the positivity.
Some great advice. However once again not earthshattering, been said many times before. However I realize that this is your little light coming on and its good that your realizing this and wanting to share it with others, props to you for that.

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
I agree that its very good to have standards. However you don't want to live your life so black and white that you eliminate someone because of some silly little list. That being said, you should have your definate no no's and your questionables. Some things can be overlooked.
If they aren't on your list of standards, then they can be compromised. You can decide all the other things anyway you want, but your list of standards can't be compromised.

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically, I'm saying, "have standards". Too many guys fall for just any pretty face. That's too easy. When you're easy, they'll next you.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
tick37 said:
If they aren't on your list of standards, then they can be compromised. You can decide all the other things anyway you want, but your list of standards can't be compromised.
Life isn't that simple. I do however agree with where your coming from and I agree that not enough guys have standards and simply sell their soul for a pretty face. I'm not going to argue about it, one day, you'll understand where I'm coming from.

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd like to understand. Maybe I'm missing something.

Technical1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you pretty much nailed a big part of "the essential message" with this post.

It'll be interesting to see where your thinking goes from here. I joined at the same time as you and have been having the same "realizations" vis-a-vis my past love life. I finally understand why all that sh1t happened, or at least have begun to. Keep up, I think we're on the right path (finally!).