Listen to this!

ImpatientFire

Don Juan
Reaction score
Over the long period that it took me to become a DJ and improve myself, I found out that listening to music helps me a lot in focusing. One of my favorites is a song by DoubleDrive, it's called '"Imprint". I like to imagine that life is like a mountain or something, and my goal is the top of the mountain. The times I feel frustrated, I feel I'm stuck at a difficult spot on the mountain and in order to move forward, I just need to put in effort and keep on climbing. This song helps to focus on what's important, and keeps me climbing. I just thought I'd share this with you guys, and see if I could inspire others to keep on climbing.

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This should be in Tips, no?

This sounds like the NLP thing of using (a) trigger(s) for changing one's state. Usually they do it with some manner of a physical gesture, but using music, dressing well, whatever--fall within this concept too. Useful stuff...

ImpatientFire

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, you are right this should be in the tips forum (my mistake :D), and yes it's a form of NLP.

usdaprime

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to listen to Lose Yourself by eminem I like how he says "you only got one shot don't miss your chance to flow" it gets me moving on doing something instead of getting stuck in the rut.