Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

liquid meals >> solid meals when it comes to gaining weight

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can get a lot more food in if I drink my meals than eat them. It takes me 3-4 cooked eggs to get full, for semicooked (mostly still liquid) it takes me like 6 eggs.

I can also get in about 30-40% more oatmeal in if I put in the blender with some water and liquefy it then drink it, rather than just eating the gooey version with a spoon.

Also Saves more time.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is true but liquid meals do not have the same thermogenic effect nor do they keep you in a positive nitrogen balance as long as solid meals (and sometimes liquid meals, e.g. whey lack nutrients you'd otherwise get from solids).

But if you're stuck for calories or your appetite sucks, then they are the best option.

I generally do something like this, 4-5 solid meals a day and sip on a whey+egg shake mix between them. Best of both worlds this way.

rudygee2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im quite tempted to blend a chicken in like chicken broth or something and then drink it. Would this destroy nutrients when I blend it?

DarthJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
rudygee2 said:
Im quite tempted to blend a chicken in like chicken broth or something and then drink it. Would this destroy nutrients when I blend it?
I stir in scrambled eggs into boiling chicken broth.
Tastes good. Cut up the chicken and add some brown rice, and it's a pretty tasty soup.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does 8 whole eggs in a shake count as a solid meal? What's the difference if i blended the eggs in water or cooked the eggs? They're still eggs... same nutrients.. ?? (yeah i know about raw egg protein being a bit less bioavailable...)

I remember Alex at some point saying raw eggs were even more anabolic than cooked ones.

Do cooked eggs digest slower than uncooked?

I rarely have a liquid only meal anyway. At most it's half a solid meal completed with half a protein drink. Lots of times it's 4 raw eggs, 1/2 scoop whey for flavor, and drank alongside a bit of solid beef or chicken. Almost always beef though.