Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Like Daughter, Like Mother?

Jules Verne

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is something I consider when I look at girls. I get **** for this view, but it is important to me.

The saying goes that if the mother is fat, then it is likely that the daughter will be like her mother.

I am wondering if that is true all the time.

In the wake of backbreaker's thread about fat America, I want to know whether the girl will become fat regardless of a change in diet.

Even if I enforce a healthy diet and she maintains a consistent exercise routine, can she still blow up due to genetics?

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Piling on to that question, do you have any personal observations regarding whether a girl ends up dating someone who is like her father, I mean strictly in terms of dominant/submissive.

For example, if her father is more submissive, then she will tend to date less aggressive guys.

My sample size is a bit too small to draw any conclusions.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even though it may not be true due to genetics it may still be a factor in obesity. The simple fact that she grew up with a fat mom probably lead her to pick up a lot of bad habits/see a lot of bad habits/probably ate a lot of junk food at home and is used to it even though she isn't fat herself (yet).

There is no gene for racism but having a kid grow up in a racist family might lead him to become racist himself due to influences surrounding him rather than genes. This is where i'm trying to get at wit the fat mom.

You shouldn't really look that far into the future. If a woman is hot at the present you shouldn't say "i better stay away from her because her mom is fat so she's also going to end up a piggy sooner or later."

It's always a huge red flag if they start putting on weight while they are dating you. It means you are too nice to them to the point that they have stopped taking care of themselves because they feel comfortable that you have no other options. This is why you need good game to keep them on their toes and conscious that you can get other women (so they think twice about that double cheeseburger).

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you educate yourself enough about the lifestyle (exercising, diet & rest habits) of a healthy & fit person, you'll be able to tell if a girl is prone to get fat in the future or not.

If she likes partying hard, getting drunk, eating out, sleeping very little - typical for most young Western women - she WILL get fat, regardless of how slim & hot she is right now. Those habits don't die easily when they get older, and with slower metabolism due to older age, they will make those chicks FAT.

The girls may pick up some of those habits from their mums (so looking at the mother is a good way to tell) but it's a lot more accurate to look at their own lifestyle.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My mother is fat, but my sister is completely the opposite. She eats well and exercises all the time maybe takes it a bit to the extreme. From my own family I can see how a fat mother can have the opposite effect on the daughter

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I score 'em like cattle-if she's in good shape but has big ankles, you don't even have to see her momma to know where she's going.

Enjoy them while they are enjoyable, I say.

Phenomenal One

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's a combination of genetics & lifestyle.

Alot of mothers don't start doing anything until their daughters are in their teens, are insecure and are being ridiculed by other teens.

They find their fat kids "cute", don't see any problems with their kids weight and find it weird to see other kids being on diets.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Genetics has its role...but you should really be looking at a girls lifestyle to determine what she will look like in the future.

What you do during your life has much stronger effects on appearance than genes.

A majority of you guys (NOT ALL) will meet girls who dont practice correct eating / training / rest.

Judging women by using wacky techniques (what her mother looks like, her ankles, etc..) pretty much signals to the rest of the world that your a guy who does NOT work out, keep fit or do things correctly which means you are probably scrawny and weak and are hoping for a girl with the same lack of fitness to be genetically predisposed to being scrawny-ER and weak-ER.

Save yourself the headache....get in shape..learn how to properly get in shape and you will understand how the human body works and in the very best case help your girl maintain an attractive body.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
A majority of you guys will meet girls who dont practice correct eating / training / rest.
yes

the vast majority of women get larger over time , even if they do eat fairly healthy...

SO never pick one who is chubby when younger - as she be one fat F U C K !

i got a buddy whos getting maried soon, his girl has a very fat ass already,dont want to imagine her when shes 50!

Night Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Magma said:
The mom has always been my barometer.
Totally agree - its virtually foolproof, but there of course a few exceptions to this rule.
:rock:

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
Judging women by using wacky techniques (what her mother looks like, her ankles, etc..) pretty much signals to the rest of the world that your a guy who does NOT work out, keep fit or do things correctly which means you are probably scrawny and weak and are hoping for a girl with the same lack of fitness to be genetically predisposed to being scrawny-ER and weak-ER..
Ha, not quite man.

I think the mother factor is a pretty accurate predictor. The majority of women do not stay active and healthy throughout their adult lives. Couple that with slowing metabolisms, increasing fat:muscle ratio, their aversion to hard physical work, and children---you have all the ingredients necessary for a FAT woman.

It's like a rubber band: it can only be stretched so far, and to keep it stretched requires effort. What I am concerned about is not so much how she looks NOW, when she is young and healthy and exercising; but how she is going to look at 35 or 40 or 45 with a kid or two under her belt and a million reasons not to exercise. Some women have a naturally slim figure and high metabolic rate which can keep them looking nice without a lot of maintenance. Others have sh!t metabolisms, larger joints (which DO correlate positively with obesity), and are just plain lazy to boot. I'm sure there are PLENTY of fat mums out there who had bangin' bodies when they were 22.

So the mom thing isn't foolproof, but it's a good estimate of how she will look in 20-some years. I also look at her lifestyle leanings and how easily she puts on weight now.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, it's always good to have a mother-in-law that you'd want to tap.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
Genetics has its role...but you should really be looking at a girls lifestyle to determine what she will look like in the future.

What you do during your life has much stronger effects on appearance than genes.

A majority of you guys (NOT ALL) will meet girls who dont practice correct eating / training / rest.

Judging women by using wacky techniques (what her mother looks like, her ankles, etc..) pretty much signals to the rest of the world that your a guy who does NOT work out, keep fit or do things correctly which means you are probably scrawny and weak and are hoping for a girl with the same lack of fitness to be genetically predisposed to being scrawny-ER and weak-ER.

Save yourself the headache....get in shape...
Yeah, not quite. You should take a couple letters out of your screen name and make it Dumbass. Your rationale is as weak as your "career" choice.

And don't talk to me about physical fitness. It's my No. 2 priority, behind making money. I played sports my whole life, served in the Marine Corps, and have trained on my own ever since. I'm 6'2" 190 lbs. with low bodyfat and though I am my own harshest critic, I look real fvckin good.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've turned big girls into fit girls, seen skinny girls turn big and vice versa. Do you want to know what the common denominator was in the physical changes...How they chose to live their life.

There are 2 different types of people. If both types of people lived lazy lives one group would be scrawny/thin/skinny the other would on the opposite end of the spectrum. If both groups lived their lives with their health as a number 1 priority Im pretty sure there would be ZERO issues of obesity.

Thats all Im saying.

Personally I think its pretty foolish to see a girl and think "wow she looks hot, but her mom is fat...I think I'll pass." More than likely the mom is fat because she hasn't made fitness a priority in life...but if she did Im sure fat mom would be MILF...and then what ???

OR.....

The mom could be very attractive and fit, but her daughter may not make fitness a priority in life and then what ...???

@ Julius_Seizher, what was the point of your post ????? relax dood, the point of my post wasn't meant to put you down.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
article in mens health from way back, it was a list of ten things to check before you get married to a chick. One of them was to check out a family picture, and make sure there aren't any fatties in there.

So yea, mom could be an indication, but also check sisters, aunts' etc..

as far as the other items on the list, the only one I can remember was to go someplace where there's plenty of traffic, and make her drive. See if she get's pissed easy, or if she's the patient sort.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
as far as the other items on the list, the only one I can remember was to go someplace where there's plenty of traffic, and make her drive. See if she get's pissed easy, or if she's the patient sort.
rofl I hope they wrote more than that. If that article didn't mention ability/willingness to cook and clean then you might as well use it for toilet paper. Those should be on top/near the top of the list!