Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lifting weights can cause baldness??

MrLuvr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Scientific evidence" to back up the theory that weightlifting can cause baldness..

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2008...k_baldness_weight-lifting/UPI-84821209238584/

LONDON, April 26 (UPI) -- British scientists say lifting weights can cause baldness.

That's because weight training increases testosterone levels immediately after a session, rising 25 percent after 45 minutes, The Sun reported. About 30 minutes later, testosterone levels drop as the hormone is converted to dihydrotestosterone or DHT, which shrinks hair follicles and roots.

Flyer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see so many fat dudes at work who clearly don't work out, I am not at all worried about "statistics" like this. If there was a working theory about baldness that actually held water, there would be a huge market for drugs which actually do something about it.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Arnold Swarzenegger aint bald...

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it is true, then I'll go bald, I liked the look.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even if it was true, it would still be worth it.

AKA FLEX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even if it's true, no sweat off my nuts. A jacked-up, ripped gym body and pretty-boy hair go together about as well as chocolate chip ice cream and an onion.

I chopped all mine off at 21 and never looked back. Forget Rogaine or Propecia, the best cure for a receding hairline is to shave the s--- and pump iron.

onyx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 22 and my receding hairline is bad, I started shaving it about 5 months ago. Just need to hit the gym harder now hahaha

Mr Autobahn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you serious? I think baldness has everything to do with genetics and nothing to do with weights...

AKA FLEX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr Autobahn said:
Are you serious? I think baldness has everything to do with genetics and nothing to do with weights...
I tend to agree. I have heard that even steroids do not contribute to baldness in men who are not genetically predisposed to it. For those who are, they speed up the balding process.