Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Life's easier if you're tall. Or, at least: not short..

jhonny9546

Don Juan
Reaction score

Life tends to be easier if you're tall or, at the very least, not short.
People generally find taller individuals not only more attractive, but they feel just more "drwan to".
The feedback you receive from your environment and peers can significantly impact your self-esteem, personality, and overall life trajectory.
This creates a natural advantage for taller people and a challenge for shorter individuals.

In my personal experience as a 26y.o., 5.3" male living in Tuscany, Italy, I've observed a shift in how people treat me since the age of 16. Despite having a proportionate and fit body and a very attractive face, I noticed a decrease in interest from others, fewer indicators of interest (IOI), and a lack of consideration for my opinions. This shift led to a deepening anxiety and eventually a depressive state.

Over the past nine years, I transformed from an extroverted, dynamic, and social person into an introverted, anxious individual. I struggled with social anxiety and reduced social interactions, partly due to my job. I decided against relying on antidepressants and instead focused on improving my mindset. I turned to art, a natural passion of mine, hoping it would become my life goal. However, the solitary nature of being an artist, spending long hours in a studio, exacerbated my lack of social interactions.

While my art career showed some success, giving me higher status than a normal man in my city (and woman started to behave differently with me), I put it on hold, realizing I needed more than just professional achievements, or an increase in status.
Life improvement, confidence, personal development, frame and masculnity, I believe, come from a 50/50 balance between internal factors and external feedback. Actively facing fears and engaging in positive actions play a crucial role in this process. The problem it's when this feedback system it's broken, and you get 90% a negative one, anything you do (because of your height).

Structuring our lives involves forming daily habits, and choosing habits that bring various benefits simultaneously can enhance our overall well-being. Career choices like being a doctor or lawyer, for example, can provide status, knowledge, social engagement, and potentially wealth. However, life isn't only about careers, even if those play a major role in our life, considering we spend 2/3 of our day on it.
Engaging in sports, music, reading, social events, cultivating relationships, etc...all contribute to a well-rounded life.

When choosing these elements, it's essential to consider factors beyond personal preference. Think about how each choice contributes to your overall well-being, social engagement, and personal development.
Yes we could have personal preferences, such as loving art, loving to write, but shouldn't we prefer to play tennis or do surfing, just because its something that have a different feedback and social exposure?
Recognizing that we've made mistakes by our past choiches, such as a wrong career, sport, hobby, partner choice, can be a starting point for improvement. Drawing insights from sources like the Redpill philosophy, DJuan's knowledge, and scientific papers about our society, couldn't we reshape our lives?

It's pratically, and nearly impossible to not get hit from the negative environment and social feedbacks if you're short. Yes, it's possible to desensitize, but not to remove. This is a issue.
As for changing, think of it, ,life it's easy:
Just drinking 1lt more water today, or doing 10 minutes a day of running, and eating balanced diet, improve your life drastically. So now, We would like to discuss to anything which comes to improve your "frame", your "being", and which, and how, we can make a system that will allow us to chose how to "act" in our life. We would need to talk about real elements such as: how to think, how to act, which career to chose, which sport to do, which music to hear, or which instrument to play, which books to read or to write, which people go out, or events to attend, which car to buy and why.
We are just programmed from the minimal thing or act we do in our life, so: why don't we just completely do everything we can to do the right things which could bring to us masculinity, frame, confidence, wealth?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're 5'3". That height is below average both in Italy and the United States.

I'm 5'10" in the United States, where the average height is around 5'9"-5'10" for males. I have a very average height as a 40 year old man in the United States.

I have been rejected multiple times due to my height. I remember one time when I had a first date from a swipe app with a 5'8" woman. When I greeted her with a hug, I could feel the energy from the interaction diminishing right away. It was clear that she felt disappointed in my 5'10" height and wanted someone taller. The first 15 minutes of that date were uncomfortable but things improved as time went on. Still, there was no sex on the first date and no second date. She wanted someone taller.

I've met plenty of women 5'3" and under who would only demand to date men 6'0"+. I had a former co-worker like this and this wasn't even someone I was trying to date. She mentioned in casual conversation how she rejects anyone under 6'0".

Most women 5'10"+ will reject me for being 5'10".

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is physiognamy territory. Being tall and good looking presents innane social advantages that people still refuse to admit. Almost all men in leadership roles are 6' or over. Almost all Presidents in the US were 6' or taller too.

Everyone says they judge people off the contents of their character, but this is generally not true. Unconsciously, we form opinions of others using their looks as a template for making inferences about their personality. So this is not just about first impressions, this is a lasting process.

In my own experience I've noticed a stark difference between job interviews in person vs zoom calls. In person, they tend to go significantly better. Same goes for the customer service I receive over the phone vs in person. I've had some incredible stories of getting out of traffic felonies with cops with nothing but a warning. Many more examples I could think of. Unnattractive people (especially men, but women too) do have a real disadvatange and they have every right to complain about it. "Good looking privilege" is one of the few privilege that actually exist in society.

I've met plenty of women 5'3" and under who would only demand to date men 6'0"+. I had a former co-worker like this and this wasn't even someone I was trying to date. She mentioned in casual conversation how she rejects anyone under 6'0".
The reason why short women care about men's height as much as (or more) than tall women is because they are more vulnerable. Women care about a man's height because it signifies how capable you are of winning a fight with other men (in theory). So shorter women have even more reason to care about their man being capable of protecting them. The taller women probably only care because of ego.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason why short women care about men's height as much as (or more) than tall women is because they are more vulnerable. Women care about a man's height because it signifies how capable you are of winning a fight with other men (in theory). So shorter women have even more reason to care about their man being capable of protecting them. The taller women probably only care because of ego.
Taller women do have strong egos. In the story I told earlier in this thread, the woman that was 5'8" was rejecting me purely from ego.

While it is possible for me to be successful with 5'7"-5'8" range women, that's around my maximum before my percentage starts to drop badly due to taller women rejecting me on ego. I am taller than 5'9" women and the same height at 5'10" women. My rejection rate on 5'10" women is rather high. I'm not even mentioning 5'11"+ women here.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Life is better when you are intelligent. I am a slow learner. It has plagued me my whole life. I wish I was smarter.

Everyone has advantages and disadvantages. Short guys need to grab a ticket and get in line. Life aint fair.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Life is better when you are intelligent. I am a slow learner. It has plagued me my whole life. I wish I was smarter.

Everyone has advantages and disadvantages. Short guys need to grab a ticket and get in line. Life aint fair.
This is true as well

People love pretending everyone is on somehow equal footing and equally capable of the same things as anyone else.

jhonny9546

Don Juan
Reaction score
@SW15
Wow, in the US seems to be worse than ever.

@FlexpertHamilton
Nice point. So does it mean if you are martial arts fighter short man, are you still seen as "manlet", or as a "normal" person should be seen?

So there is a place to be for every tall man.. What about short ones? Is there a place to be too?

Slag

Don Juan
Reaction score

You beat me to it. I'm 5'6". I'd love to be taller, I'd love to be more attractive. I don't doubt for a second it would make my life easier. I get "challenged" occasionally out in public. I'll be crossing paths with some taller guy and they give me that look that says, "Watch out, runt."

That being said, there are a lot of things worse than being short. Imagine being blind and not being able to scope out a nice set of tits or ass.

There's a guy in my town my age that's significantly mentally handicapped. He's in terrible physical condition, too. A good day for him is when he doesn't soil himself. He gets no attention from women and never will.

i recently grew some facial hair after being clean shaven my entire adult life. I like how it looks, but I'm still figuring out how to trim it and all that to make it look as good as possible. A friend was giving me crap about how patchy it is for my age. I told him I do the best I can with what I have.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Life is easier if you are born rich too. Or into a high status family. Or genetically blessed in the looks department. So what?

Why worry about things you can't control?

Focus on things within your control, not things you have no control over.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Life is easier if you are born rich too. Or into a high status family. Or genetically blessed in the looks department. So what?

because its a good excuse to avoid having to work on things you can control. ;-)

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yes, this is a Stoic principle. However, while we shouldn't worry about these things, it's at least important to have a discussion about it because it effects broader society. We are literally gaslighting people into literally thinking that everyone is equally capable of doing everything, which is one of the most shvt brained ideas ever produced in the west. It is harmful for society to think that anyone can be successful if they work hard enough. That's such a radical oversimplification.

In fact, we do have control over this. Recognizing your own innate talents and shortcomings is how you become skilled and capable, but this is not generally something that is taught to people. Life is about finding your niche (ie your natural talent/aptitudes) not going against the grain and pursuing things that are harder for you than others.

If you struggle immensely to do math, it probably means your brain isn't wired for it, but people will still insist "just work hard and you can become a scientist like you want!" instead of saying "maybe this isn't the right path, try something else".

Last edited:

jhonny9546

Don Juan
Reaction score
The point of the discussion, is not only focused on woman, but entire population.
How could you be a DJ or just an "Adult Male", with all the effort, if this society just threath people by their height, differently?

My experience is precious to anyone who doesn't have this problem which cannot be fixed, and cannot be "overlooked". It's a hard problem! It's like trying to make water to fire. You're limited!!

It may be that in the future, technology, would allow people to gain height, somehow, but for now, the practical option seems to be the expat to other countries were average man height it's shorter. This would be the starting point of the "transformation" into a "DJ" or "Adult Man". If you wan't to try to be a "DJ" into normal society (Italy in my case), there is a very high chanche of getting negative feedback, and go depressed about it.. because you are putting all the effort, but no matter what, the results are the same or worse?

I hope I made the point to anyone which is tall and cannot understand the situation.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Yes, this is a Stoic principle. However, while we shouldn't worry about these things, it's at least important to have a discussion about it because it effects broader society. We are literally gaslighting people into literally thinking that everyone is equally capable of doing everything, which is one of the most shvt brained ideas ever produced in the west. It is harmful for society to think that anyone can be successful if they work hard enough. That's such a radical oversimplification.

In fact, we do have control over this. Recognizing your own innate talents and shortcomings is how you become skilled and capable, but this is not generally something that is taught to people. Life is about finding your niche (ie your natural talent/aptitudes) not going against the grain and pursuing things that are harder for you than others.

If you struggle immensely to do math, it probably means your brain isn't wired for it, but people will still insist "just work hard and you can become a scientist like you want!" instead of saying "maybe this isn't the right path, try something else".
Nobody is saying anyone is capable of the exact same things. What I am saying is that you need to understand your own strengths and play to those whole minimizing your weaknesses.

Not everyone is going to be capable of dating Supermodels. That's life. But that doesn't mean if you are dating 3's and 4's that you couldn't be capable of dating 6's and the odd 7 if you worked on maximizing yourself.

Very few people reach their potential in life. Everyone has different ceilings for things but very few people truly come close to reaching them.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Life is easier born into a high status family, and rich, and with good looks. Yet those things can be worked on and achieved. A man can control them.

Height, and to a certain extent, hair, cannot be controlled, and this is why men are so sensitive about it. If a woman goes with another man because he is richer, the guy is like “ah whatever”. But if he goes with another man because he is taller, the man gets angry, And generally, in my opinion, in terms of attraction, all other things considered, height and hair are the 2 most important things woman want in man.

I’ve never had girls reject me because Im not “funny enough, rich enough, don’t dress well enough, sensitive enough, treat them well enough.” But I’ve had a lot reject me because I’m not 6’1. Just saying my experience,

Taylor Swift is 5’11. Do you think she would be with Travis Kelce if he was 5’8 athlete instead of 6’5?

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Life is easier born into a high status family, and rich, and with good looks. Yet those things can be worked on and achieved. A man can control them.

Height, and to a certain extent, hair, cannot be controlled, and this is why men are so sensitive about it. If a woman goes with another man because he is richer, the guy is like “ah whatever”. But if he goes with another man because he is taller, the man gets angry, And generally, in my opinion, in terms of attraction, all other things considered, height and hair are the 2 most important things woman want in man.

I’ve never had girls reject me because Im not “funny enough, rich enough, don’t dress well enough, sensitive enough, treat them well enough.” But I’ve had a lot reject me because I’m not 6’1. Just saying my experience,

Taylor Swift is 5’11. Do you think she would be with Travis Kelce if he was 5’8 athlete instead of 6’5?
I would say face is more important than height. Hair would be an adjunct to face. As most people (including myself) would look worse without hair. Just be taller than her.