Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lifeforce Weightlifting Journal

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Double and Life - nice to see you guys active on these boards again! :)

Im actually back to bulking as its winter and too cold to go jogging in the mornings. Also, Ive got an exercise bike for christmas so ill be able to cut with more comfort in march/april. And yes, cutting on an empty stomach in the morning is the KEY to 'good' cutting! lol.

My lifts are beginning to rise so im really happy about that - nothing compared to your lifts tho Double and Life lol!

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
did you use 122 kg for your widowmaker??!! :eek:

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by semag
did you use 122 kg for your widowmaker??!! :eek:
Hell no... only 95 ATG :/

Hey silver... why cut... ? You'll never go forward if you cut as much as you do man. Read the post warboss made about cutting and bulking being useless. I agree with the man. Good to hear from you again =)

Hey double. how'd the date go?

DoubleJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
silver - what do you mean with too cold? nothing better then going for a lonely jogging round in the snowy fields. when i did this last year i felt so ****ing cool :D my lifts have gone down man.....

life i wrote a pm

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
95 kg for 20 is good my friend.. ATTG??

i'm only hittin like 100kg for 20.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, as deep as it goes. Legs against rib cage. I'm just being a ***** about it, haven't done 20 repers so much so I need some time to get it into. 110 is my 10 rep range so I should be doing 20 reps with 110 kg ATTG :( 100 atg is my white whale man. :/

My back is all ****ed up, the leg press really did it for me so I need to recover for a while before I can do serious deads or squatting again. Hopefully next week I can put up some numbers again,.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
damn.. I'm off to bed

Bench Press 10x75 kg (8,1,1) so close to do 2 on the second set. The 8th rep on first set killed my muscles compleyly. RECORD!

Dips 20x10 kg (12,5,3) RECORD up the weights!

Squat 4x125 kg ATG? Lousy reps.. the PT helped me a little last timne with the 122.5 so it felt easy.. and the 125 was the ugliest **** I've seen in my life.. I don't know if I should lower down to 122.5 again or keep reping on 125?

Widowmaker set 20x95 kg ATG. DAMN my head nearly exploded! back of my head pumped like it was gonna rupture on the 19th and 20th rep. Record!

ohh, and chest + triceps + quad stretch =)

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow now we start talking about numbers@bp !! i say go for the 125kg!! =P

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm... LF you said your back's been giving you trouble on your squats??

Drop the weight a little for now.. .like 115 or so, and try to do them paused, keeping your back as upright as possible the whole time. Take it down slowly... hit the bottom, and take all the momentum out of it by waiting there for a second or two, then come back up. Do sets of 8 like that, and it'll increase your core strength.

Also... I'd say after your squat, I know you wanna leave and die... but grab a weight and try to do like 20 hyperextensions, not to failure or anything, but something to loosen up your hammies, and try to get that posterior core a little stronger.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah man, it's the leg press which caused my back to hurt and then a stupid move to do deads with slight pain in the back which of course got bigger. Not it's alot better. though. =)

But the Negative on the squats are like 3 seconds down, 1.5 seconds up so it's maybe better to lower the weight and go for a longer negative phase and more explosive up part. I pause a little on the bottom though, very adamant about not bouncing or anything. I like go down, pause and then go up. At that moment I don't want to pause any longer than necessary though. :/

Hypers sound good though, I'll throw them in there and go light. Even though I am pretty certain ATP that it's my anterior chain which is lagging. That would make the most sense. becaue my back is strong, but I rarely train my abs, which I have to start doing hardcore now.

Thanks for replying semag.

lol! Thanks Double... =) 125 is just around the corner. I'll hit the 100 kg first if it's okey.. :p It's awesome the bench is finally moving up though. Last record was 90 kg with arched back. :( I'd probably hit that rather easy now with flat back.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
okey!:D

btw man how do you measure how long you take for a negative/positive? i have no clue but i dont think it's enough on the negative. WHat does DC say about that?

btw man remember me in MSN that i want to ask you something about what we talked yesterday

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, it's suppossed to be a long controlled negative. Tried it more today:

Shoulder press 12x21.4 kg (8,2,2) 6 second negative

Shoulder stretch for a long time

Squats ATG 6x110 kg 6 second negative up the weights
beautiful squats

(couldn't do hypers, it was taken)
Good Mornings 10-12?x85 kg (lost count) New Record increase
Good Mornings 4x95 kg New Record
long negatives too

Biceps curl db 15(10,3,2)x16.2 kg new record up the weight

Abs training sit-ups leaning out from a bench 2 sets of 10-15? at least enough to make my midsection die! rectus, adductors and back.
8 second negatives

I'm definatly gonna train my back up with GMs and other back exercises so I can go back deadlifting with a strong core and a strong lower back.

I'm jumping online just now.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GM's are great... don't do hypers and GM's... if you do GM's, you're fine, it's a good posterior core exercise, and so are pullthroughs and hypers.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
700th post, what post could be better used to start getting serious again?

Starting up my journal again. This time around there are lighter weights but much better form on the exercises. This time I am serious about gaining more weight. I get around 3000 calories a day (270g protein, 400 g carbs, 50g fat.) as a minimum and then I eat a little more from day to day.

Supplements are about 2 scoops of whey a day, 3 spoons of flax seeds, multimineral and 3 dl multivitamine juice.

I do the same exercise every time until I stop increasing in it and then I change it for another. I do pretty high rep range for the exercises since I seem to respond a little better on this.

Here's the last workout I have done:

db bench Press incline 7x28.9 kg +1 rep since last time 7x26.4 kg

Skull Crushers 14x39 kg (9,3,2) +1 rep

Bb rows 10x65 kg new
Bb rows 8x70 kg new

Deadlift 13x115 kg +2.5 kg and 1 rep

Lat pulldowns 17x60 kg (10,5,2) +2 rep

Leg Presses 15x233 kg +3 rep +15 kg
Leg Presses 10x240.5 kg +12.5 kg
(note, this is not 45° leg press, this one is heavier! I'll show you when I change gym)

Weight: 178 lbs with clothes (about 176 without)

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lifeforce

Leg Presses 15x233 kg +3 rep +15 kg
Leg Presses 10x240.5 kg +12.5 kg
(note, this is not 45° leg press, this one is heavier! I'll show you when I change gym)

Weight: 178 lbs with clothes (about 176 without)
Cool!
I am just curious how do you do 240kg leg presses???
It is about 253*2.21=560 lb
I am assumming you use a machine?

In my gym there is one with build in weight blocks, it goes only up to 490lb I guess. The other one uses round weight plates.
The max weight of one plate is 45lb (~20.5kg), so you need to get almost 12 plates and add some small ones?? How long it takes to just load that machine?

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a seated leg press with weight blocks which goes up to 178 kg / 391 lbs. Then I scavange all the other machines in the gym to steal the extra blocks and add another 62.5 kg of extra plates to it.

We don't have another leg press here so I am switching gym to a gym with a plate loading leg press. I find them easier to work with. If I use a leg press like them i use 25 kg/55 lbs plates and load it up with, it's really no different than squatting and warm-up take about as long.

Thanks shezzler. I just wish I could have more time to dish out more comments around here. Your journal is sound looking but it's mostly about food and that's the thing where I have very limited knowledge about.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nice rowing man!!

i can only recommend thinking about taking magnesium(+zinc). it's pretty awesome imo and there are many studies espiecally on magnesium. and yup i know your taking a multimineral but for a bodybuilder eating one egg for breakfast isnt enough protein for the day either. well cant say much else thats why im raving on the ZMA now;)

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks dude! Still a little way to get to 8x85 which I lifted before though.

ZMA are great... cool dreams and stuff. But you only need the zink, mg you get enough of anyway. :)

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i thought it was "only" 80 for reps:)

well obviously not for me - since i havent taken the ZMA in the last month i get often little muscle cramps and even though i didnt even workout my ARM muscles felt sore