Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Life Changing Events

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So who here has had a life changing events that have forever changed their lives for the positive or negative?

Share your stories.

=========================================================

My two most life changing events at this point was in tenth grade, after I lost all of my "friends" to a bully, was stuck in oneitis for four years, and suicidal. I finally found self-help/sosuave and changed my ideals entirely.

The truth of the matter was is that I finally gained a backbone and realized that I deserve better then this. That is what got me started on becoming a the man that i wanted to become.

The second and much more important story which has shaped my entire philosophy is the story of the Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) Students Taking Action for Recognition (STAR) Event.

I was told by friends and family that it would be impossible for me to go to states. Which I not only managed to score a gold medal, I also scored the nomination for the state delegation for the Pennsylvania FCCLA STAR Team.

Problem was, was that I needed to raise $2,000 in two weeks and rework my Event. No one other than my ex-girlfriend was saying that I was not going to go. I listened to my girlfriend and myself and said, "Hey, lets give it a try. Lets see what is possible and impossible."

I started to ask people for money. The first group of people that I asked was the school board, which gave me permission for the trip, a loan to pay for the trip that i had to pay back, and a gift of $700. Not too shabby for my first group to ask.

That leaves $1,300 left to raise.

First day of fundraising - $200
Second day of fundraising - $100
Third Day of fundraising - $220
Fourth Day of fundraising - $50
Fifth day of fundraising - $200
Sixth day of fundraising - $100
Seventh day of fundraising - nothing
Eighth day of fundraising - $430

On the eighth day, I went to my first prospective donor of the day and said, "Hi, i'm comic_relief and I am with the FCCLA. I am raising money for myself to go to the National Leadership Meeting."

The business owner looked at me and said, "How much do you still need?"

I said, "About $500, why?"
Her: "Alright, check really quick?"
Me: *checked* "$430"
Her: "Here is a check with that exact amount."
Me: *:eek:* "Are you sure?"
Her: "Yep, as long as you promise me for you to update me on how the trip went."
Me: "Will do."

I took the $1,300 into my adviser in a plain envelope and handed it to her. I left as soon as I finished it. My adviser looked at during her lunch break and counted it up.

She tracked me down and grabbed me by the scruff of neck.
Her: "Do you think that this is a joke? How did you get this money?"
Me: "I did a fundraiser."
Her: "Yeah, but there are checks in there for $100, $75, and $430. No one gives that kind of money, NO ONE!!!"
Me: "I suppose, but I found out that they do."
Her: "This is real money?"
Me: "Yes, they are real and I raised enough to go."
her: "Yes you did."

Then another tradegy struck that was trip threatening. My adviser couldn't go and I needed to find a ride there.

My instincts were put into gear. My then girlfriend was a higher up in the FCCLA and her adviser still had to buy tickets. I immeadiatly called to her and had a brief chat with her. Over the next couple of days, I had a flight and group to go with.

My detractors stood there in awe at the fact that I was accomplishing the impossible and doing it in style.

I not only went to the FCCLA National Leadership Meeting, but I was top of the nation!

Three lessons
1.) The limits of human potential are only self-imposed.
2.) The impossible is possible as long as one believes.
3.) An unshakeable confidence in one self will defeat any problems that one may have.

This story gave me the most important mindset of all time, to prove to people that the impossible is possible as long as one believes with a deep enough conviction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please everyone share your stories!

comic_relief

P.S. I am currently planning on hopefully another life changing event that will dwarf both previous events in scope and scale.

j-flex

Banned
Reaction score
amazing post! very inspiring

i will post mine later

keep it coming

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sir Juanalot said:
Did you go back to the guy who gave you 430 dollars?

Nice work btw :)
yes, actually, I am scheduled to go eat with her this week over break.

I gave her tickets to my graduation of high school (she went) and once I graduate college, I will invite her to that as well.

We are now really good friends. She may even have an opening for me this summer in her business (If I have enough time)

comic_relief

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I marathoned Neon Genesis Evangelion when I was a kid in like the span of 3 days and watched all the movies. Bad idea, I was so innocent and really ignorant of the world, and Evangelion is philosophically and psychologically deep, my brain couldn't take it and I suffered a 4 month depression. In that entire 4 months, life and death were of the same mold to me. That was such a bad experience, I did horrible at school, didn't even go to school, and lost connection with a lot of friends.

Paper Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
War Against Betaism said:
I marathoned Neon Genesis Evangelion when I was a kid in like the span of 3 days and watched all the movies. Bad idea, I was so innocent and really ignorant of the world, and Evangelion is philosophically and psychologically deep, my brain couldn't take it and I suffered a 4 month depression. In that entire 4 months, life and death were of the same mold to me. That was such a bad experience, I did horrible at school, didn't even go to school, and lost connection with a lot of friends.
Damn! Now that's messed up. How in the hell Evangelion messed you up so bad? Agreed, it's a pretty disturbing show, but what you said is pretty drastic.

One of the major life changing events on my life was finding this site, about 4 years ago or so, as cliche as it seems. SoSuave was the first place where I was told I could CHANGE.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Paper Man said:
Damn! Now that's messed up. How in the hell Evangelion messed you up so bad? Agreed, it's a pretty disturbing show, but what you said is pretty drastic.
I think it probably had to do with the fact I watched it in like 3 days, and back then I really didn't stand up for myself and had low self esteem. If I watched it now it would be a lot different though.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
comic_relief said:
Three lessons
1.) The limits of human potential are only self-imposed.
2.) The impossible is possible as long as one believes.
3.) An unshakeable confidence in one self will defeat any problems that one may have.

This is SO true, especially number 1. And your story was truly inspiring, CR, it made me want to get up, get out, and do something. ;)

Do you like that song?

"You need to get up, get out, and DO somethin'. Don't let the days of your life pass you by..."

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope, can't say that I've had any life changing events. That should happen in a few months when I go away to college.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Joining the track team sophomore year and simultaneously shaving off my mustache for the 1st time...and my 1st real lifting routine ever. (all 10th grade). And now a family member diagnosed w/cancer.

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When my dad beat my into hospital when I was 11. (toughened me up)

When I was 12 and all my "friends" turned against me and tried everything to make my life hell. (Not once did I give in to them. Taught me how to not take sh!t from anyone. Also made me extremely witty)

When I almost died/became paraplegic in a trampoline accident when I was 13. (Taught me not to try stupid sh!t to impress anybody)

When my mom almost drank herself to death when I was 14 and the doctors gave her no more than 2 months to live. (helped me to appreciate things more)

When I finally told everyone to kiss my a$$ and left home to study in the US when I was 16. (helped me in so many different ways...)

The ironic thing is that I'm prolly the most optimistic and positive person you'll ever meet...

Last edited:

Mctwist4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having wrestling practice 6 days a week every season for 6 years.

thehexman

Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was kid my dad got a transfer because of his job to the South. We were going to move several thousand miles, and he signed the contract without talking to mom nor his kids.
I don't know what he said to mom, but he asked me: Do you want to go to the place where Mickey Mouse walks on the street? Of course I said yes, and so we moved to the South. He did take me to Orlando the following spring.

Second: When I was 18 I graduated high school and moved to Argentina for a while. I realized I was stupid, had no idea what I was going to do with my life, and was also pathetic with women.

Those are the main things that changed my life.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The day I started smoking weed...definitely for the positive.