Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lets Talk Fundamentals

kingwilliam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I went out last night with a buddy and had a really good time.............I got 3 numbers of some really hot women. I didn't really hang out with them all night or anything. I would meet them, chat for a few minutes, maybe have a shot or something, and then get the number. I spent a little longer with one of them........blah blah blah

Anyway,
I want to talk about when to contact these women again. I have never believed in the "3 day" rule. There were a couple of these women that I MUST hook up with, and I am trying to figure out my strategy. Should I wait a couple of days and then shoot a text msg to them to see whats up? Should I go the traditional route and give them a call? Should I wait a week? I am more or less just curious on what tactics the majority of us use. Normally I will send them a text and if I get a response I go from there.

These women are all in the 24-28 year range......

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5 days minimum? Don't buy into that crap. Call them whenever you want, just not so late that they don't remember anything about you, and not so early that they think "damn I just met the guy less than 24 hours ago".

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great job Kingwilliam. Call the one you like the best and invite her to coffee or something. If she says no, call the second one..etc. That is what's great about getting multiple numbers..

Just don't call the day after you get the number, or on a Friday or Saturday.

Oh, and don't text message them. Call them for a REAL conversation! Text messaging is for women and automatically lowers your testosterone level, IMO. :)

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with Positive, don't text, its the women's way. Real men have balls and call. Their not afraid of rejection and hide behind the technology.

kingwilliam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool...........you guys are pretty much on the same page as me. One girl actually sent ME a text just a minute ago.

**** it, I am going to go drink some beer and go for round 2

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5-9 days.

If she doesn't remember who you are, next her. If her IL was high enough SHE WILL remember you. Don't listen to this "she won't remember you after 5 days crap"...it's such BS. Most guys are AFCs/dorks/losers. DJs stand out.

And remember...

The phone is for setting up the "sales meeting" NOT closing the deal.

10-15 minutes TOPS and you're DONE. You cut the call. And don't ASK for a date, ASSUME the sale. "Hey there's this cool event...would you like to join me? Great. I'll pick you up at 7:00 on Thursday. Bye"

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two days ... 5-9 and they've moved on very quickly and you're just a guy who got a phone number. Women move faster than what people say here. People need to quit worshipping Pook and the rules and get after it.

Every time I've called the next day or two days later it's worked, when I've delayed it hasn't worked. Move on it, you didn't get her phone number to sit on your a$$. I guaran-freaking-tee you at 9 days they don't even remember you. Most women have an attention span of 5 seconds and a memory even shorter.

Move on that number, no later than 2 days. Perhaps AFCs call quick, so be it. They're also begging on the phone. Don't beg, act cool. Act like you should be calling the next day or the day after. Two days is optimal.

I know you'll hear stories of I waited 9 days or a month -- f-ck it, 9 times out of 10 it doesn't work. You got the phone number for a reason, she gave it for a reason: to meet.

If don't call her, someone else will. Hop to it. Oh yeah, make the phone call no longer than 3-4 minutes. Ten to 15? No freaking way. The purpose of the call is to get the date, just like the purpose of getting the phone number was to call her. Two days, call her. At three no matter how high the IL, she's starting to move on; at 4 days she's almost there, at 5 she is completely done ... but most likely after 3 she's already gone clubbing again or to a coffee shop and someone else got her number and moved quickly.

Many of the "rules" on this board are made to be broken and aren't correct. Don't worship Pook or Senor Fingers or some other cybergeek ... call her.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You got the number FRIDAY night...and you call 9 days later (on NEXT Sunday) What??? Why did you miss the weekend? I'd be pissed as hell if a guy called me 9 days later. I gave you my number because I was INTERESTED!!! You however, are not interested in ME...9 days my ass!

If you get the number on Friday/Saturday, call her Tuesday at the latest. Tell you you want to meet for coffee to find out if you might want to take her out for the weekend. If she gives you any lip, toss the number & move on.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Sunday or Monday evening (not night, evening) is a good time to call for a number obtained on the weekend. Most people don't have much to do at that time...they're busy getting ready for the coming week. Sunday day-time is usually reserved for friends and family and Saturday after getting a Friday number is too soon, unless it was a REALLY hot time and you want to hook up before things cool down...but most people already have sh!t planned for Saturday by Friday.

The three-day rule is no longer a "player move"...it's common knowledge. I even heard it referenced in an episode of Family Guy. Honestly, as long as you're not blowing up her phone the next afternoon, then f*ck a girl who's gonna dump you based on how soon or how late you call. Don't wait until she forgets you, but don't WORRY that she won't remember you if you don't call soon enough...you're a memorable guy. :)

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Out of sight, out of mind. I second West Coaster.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
call her the next day and say

you: "hey Rachel. it's Joe. we met up the other night and you gave me your number."

her: "oh hey Joe. nice of you to call. hows it going?"

you: "things are going great. listen, i just wanted to call because I appreciated you giving me your number. unfortuantely last night i had sever beer goggles on. now that i've sobered up its probably not the best idea for us to go out. but i wanted to call and be courteous so that you weren't waiting around for my call."

:eek:

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
you: "things are going great. listen, i just wanted to call because I appreciated you giving me your number. unfortuantely last night i had sever beer goggles on. now that i've sobered up its probably not the best idea for us to go out. but i wanted to call and be courteous so that you weren't waiting around for my call."

:eek:

fvck that's funny, I'm goin to try a variation of that next time I get a chicks number at a bar.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How many guys can make enough of an impression on a woman for her to remember him 5 days later without any contact?

Magico

Don Juan
Reaction score
If his game was tight she'll remember him.

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great job getting numbers.

Repeat daily.

A DJ will glean a little info here, go into the world and try it out. Refine it and make up his own rules based on what works for him.

Listen to everyone, follow no one.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Grinder makes a good point about the best thing to do being different for everyone.

If his game was tight she'll remember him.
But not necessarily want to do anything with him. A gal often thinks herself out of it, given a chance. Sometimes if you don't strike while the iron is hot, her mind very purposely cools it off. Someone with mad skills can be seen as dangerous: a "regret" waiting to happen, so to speak...

min619

Don Juan
Reaction score
kingwilliam said:
I went out last night with a buddy and had a really good time.............I got 3 numbers of some really hot women. I didn't really hang out with them all night or anything. I would meet them, chat for a few minutes, maybe have a shot or something, and then get the number. I spent a little longer with one of them........blah blah blah

Anyway,
I want to talk about when to contact these women again. I have never believed in the "3 day" rule. There were a couple of these women that I MUST hook up with, and I am trying to figure out my strategy. Should I wait a couple of days and then shoot a text msg to them to see whats up? Should I go the traditional route and give them a call? Should I wait a week? I am more or less just curious on what tactics the majority of us use. Normally I will send them a text and if I get a response I go from there.

These women are all in the 24-28 year range......
the rule is bullsh*t if you feel a strong connection. i've met women in bars on friday night, and i call them the next day and make plans. it all depends on what you feel, and how strong the connection is. if there's a good one in the mix, don't let her slip away.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If his game was tight, it may or may not matter. Women dump guys from LTR's because of a bad hair day. They do things ... well, a lot of the times just because. Best to play your odds and strike while the iron is hot, that's the rule in business and in dating. Nothing cools off a person than ignorance or indifference.

I've called the next day, too, and was never turned down. I can see waiting two days -- I can't see waiting a week, that's insane. I once waited a week just by being stupid, no set plan. I got the date, but it was more stupid luck than anything.

Set yourself up for success, not failure.

Cableguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I concur with the whole "call when you want advice" because that's what works for me. With that being said, I use a little instinct as to when I should call. If the chick seems a bit attention whorish, I'll wait a few days to call. If the chick is super cool and down to earth then I'll call a day or two later. Hell, I've gotten numbers early in the night and called that night. Gauge the IL.

Magico

Don Juan
Reaction score
WestCoaster said:
Nothing cools off a person than ignorance or indifference.
Wouldn't put my money on that :)

I'm not opposing either of the two streams of opinion here, both are good if they're coming from the right place. It's ok to call a day later if you feel like it and it's ok to call 7 days later if you feel like it. But if you call a day later because you're affraid she'll not remember you OR 7 days later because otherwise you're afraid of not being cool enough...you're placing her on a pedestal and that's not what we want.