Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Let's pimp out my OkCupid profile

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
First off, I just wanna say its been a long time since I've been on this site. Good to be back guys!

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Xarias

Ok, so I used to have a more "serious" profile before this one. I wasn't having much luck so I came back to this forum and searched for some recent threads about online dating. I snagged the self-summary part from a post on here and then expanded on it to fill out the other parts. Its been up like this for about a week and I've already had a big turnaround in profile views and replies from my initial messages.

I think it could be better though. I posted in OKC's profile suggestion part of their forums just to see what they'd say, and as expected, its a lot of negativity. A few people did say that they realize what I was going for but I wasn't being bold enough. I figured there isn't anyone more bold in the world then a DJ, so here I am.

Also, I realize I could use better pictures and more of them. Throw me some ideas bros!

irocknike23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LMAO@UR PROFILE!!

"im just looking for someone to give me a ride around town"

haha at least you keep it real

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like your profile, I thought it was all very funny, except the Scrabble part was lame.

Too bad you stole all that stuff, I might want to be friends with a funny guy like you.

Your pics REALLY SUCK.

I'm a girl. In case your forgot.

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to make it clear, most everything in that profile is false. I have a car, a place to live, etc. The only part I stole was the very first section "My Self-summary", the rest was all made up by me.

Yeah that scrabble thing was all I could think of at the time. I think I came up with something better, unless there's a suggestion? I appreciate the laughs but I was also hoping to improve things.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ace of Flames said:
Just to make it clear, most everything in that profile is false. I have a car, a place to live, etc. The only part I stole was the very first section "My Self-summary", the rest was all made up by me.

Yeah that scrabble thing was all I could think of at the time. I think I came up with something better, unless there's a suggestion? I appreciate the laughs but I was also hoping to improve things.
I think some of what you wrote is pretty damn funny. And I usually hate when people try to be funny (because they're usually unsuccessful), but you're good at it.

Problem is, your whole profile is a long, running joke. Maybe you could segue into some real qualities and interests. Something like "...okay, now that you've witness my amazing humor, here's what I'm REALLY into: backpacking through Europe, steaks - good ones, not bad ones - (I'm lookin at you, salisbury), blah blah blah...

You don't want to come off as some guy who's rehearsing a comedy routine in anticipation of a date with a girl. You're funny. Just add some realness in with the comedy.

bukowski_merit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with your profile is that your image (visual) doesn't really match your words.

You come off in your profile as an out-going, crazy, over the top guy.

Your pictures paint a different story. Work clothes = boring. Pale = boring.

Doesn't look like you're having fun in your pictures. You just look reaallllyyy bored.

Just my $.02

Last edited:

rum

Don Juan
Reaction score
Average needs to become Athletic

Funny profile...boring pics

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the critiques so far guys.

I agree I need better pictures, but what should they be? Its not like I go parachuting every day or something, I can't really have an awesome picture like that. Give me some more doable ideas for interesting pics. Maybe you guys have examples?

R

Rubato

"im just looking for someone to give me a ride around town"

That is the best :)

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ace of Flames said:
Thanks for the critiques so far guys.

I agree I need better pictures, but what should they be? Its not like I go parachuting every day or something, I can't really have an awesome picture like that. Give me some more doable ideas for interesting pics. Maybe you guys have examples?
Doesn't your camera have a self timer?

Get someone to take some pictures of you. It is lame to take pics of yourself, where it is obvious that you are holding the camera.