Let's have an HONEST discussion about CLUBS and INTROVERSION/SOCIAL AWKWARDNESS

Black.Magic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Clubs are overrated. you can smell the desperation in the air. I personally cannot understand a single word being said in a club. I only go with my friends and don't talk to anyone else.

I'm sure you could make it work if you pulled up in a Porsche Cayenne with six models, wearing Versace and with $2000 cash to spend on drinks...

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My experience in Toronto is that girls here don't go to clubs to meet guys. Period. Other than the odd club slut. That's about it. I am sure most places in north America are pretty much the same.

It is either huge groups of friends or a few girls sticking together and shunning off any guy trying to dance with them.

Lame as hell.

I would rather stay at home and watch TV.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
Don't go to Clubs if you don't enjoy the music and/or can't dance.
---------------------------------------------------------------

You just look like an idiot on the dance floor if you suck at dancing and don't like club music. I love dancing, its one of my secret weapons. I've been dancing at clubs for 15 years or so now and I love every minute of it. I use to go to raves as a kid and loved that, clubs suck by comparison. I always get tons of attention from the 20 something broads and its a great way to demonstrate higher value to your LTRs. One of the things that really turns girls on is that if you are dancing, its usually by YOURSELF.. and in order to look good, you need a bit of space. I've pushed tons of girls away that walk up and try and rub their body or butt again my junk... man when I'm dancing GTF Away. Women see this and they love a challenge... I generally ignore all women when I'm dancing and it brings them out in droves. The hottest women will compete to see who can get my attention. That is not why I dance though, I love it, I get a natural adrenaline high off of it and when the music is great, it becomes like a sort of ocean that you can play in. When people stick their hands in the air, they are 'feeling it'.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjcyNjM5Mzcy.html<-- watch videos of trance energy on youtube and you'll get a better idea... when the beat drops, it feels like a refreshing wave hitting you and washing out all your stress. Not even sex gives me what I get on the dance floor. You'll notice that none of these people actually give a damn about women or 'if its cool to dance or not' they are just there enjoying themselves.

I taught a chinese sailor (second officer) to dance recently, dude had 2 left feet and swore up and down he hated clubs. Man I had this guy up on the stage going crazy and women were actually hitting on him. Afterwards, all he wanted to do was go dancing and was showing off to all the girls in class. Second if you can dance even a little bit and there are a group of breakdancers in the place, you will get social cred and can hang out and make new friends. I went to one place in Nanjing with a bunch of my ESL colleagues and when I busted out my stuff, I got schooled by about 8 chinese (girls & guys) that were doing mind blowing stuff. We couldn't speak but we could dance together and it was awesome to watch. Anyway everyone ended up having a great night, one of the dancers worked at the club and gave us all VIP. ;)

If you want to look good, invest a few hours in learning some styles. I've heard people talk about 'vibing'... to be honest, that looks like sh1t. It might get you by, but if you are interested in clubbing why not take some time to actually learn what works in a night club. Most guys sit in the gym for a couple hours and hope their muscles will turn women on, doesn't work. Clubs are about being seen, and no one gets looked at more than the guys in the center of the dance floor... If you want a cool place to chill out and learn to dance, go to a RAVE. No bvllsh1t just straight up dancing for 12 hours. No pressure, no pickups, no worries. Women are always asking me to teach them the moonwalk and body wave, you have to touch them quite a bit. I taught my girlfriend, she kinda sucks at it but she tries and its better than her sitting off in a corner.

PLUR

(I am in China and youtube doesn't work over here but if you are interested look up some of the following to pick up a few quick steps)

Melbourne Shuffle Pae & Sarah http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjMxMTYwNTk2.html
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjYzODQzMjM2.html
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjAwMTg1MDg4.html

Popping http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzg0MzgzNzI=.html
Locking http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTk4MTE3NjIw.html
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzkyMzcxNjYw.html

Botting
Gliding
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjcxMTY1NzE2.html

Liquid (my favorite) http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzU0ODE3MTgw.html
TRANCE ENERGY http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjcyNTc3NjMy.html

A couple hours a night for a month or two can make all the difference in the world. I love clubs, its a free workout and I get all the girls in the place checking me out and guys buying me drinks to earn social cred. Works even better over here in China! ;)

Quick side note:
[I've never used drugs period] or [drank while at a club]

Even DJs get into it:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjcyNjYzMDY0.html

BTW I'm 32 and my GF is 22 if you are wondering. One of my bestfriend's just learned to shuffle and he is 31. He hits the clubs ALL the time now, loves it... never liked it before.

Last edited:

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
LiveFreeX said:
Don't go to Clubs if you don't enjoy the music and/or can't dance.
---------------------------------------------------------------

You just look like an idiot on the dance floor if you suck at dancing and don't like club music. I love dancing, its one of my secret weapons. I've been dancing at clubs for 15 years or so now and I love every minute of it. I use to go to raves as a kid and loved that, clubs suck by comparison. I always get tons of attention from the 20 something broads and its a great way to demonstrate higher value to your LTRs. One of the things that really turns girls on is that if you are dancing, its usually by YOURSELF.. and in order to look good, you need a bit of space. I've pushed tons of girls away that walk up and try and rub their body or butt again my junk... man when I'm dancing GTF Away. Women see this and they love a challenge... I generally ignore all women when I'm dancing and it brings them out in droves. The hottest women will compete to see who can get my attention. That is not why I dance though, I love it, I get a natural adrenaline high off of it and when the music is great, it becomes like a sort of ocean that you can play in. When people stick their hands in the air, they are 'feeling it'.

http://www.energythenetwork.com/home/ <-- watch videos of trance energy on youtube and you'll get a better idea... when the beat drops, it feels like a refreshing wave hitting you and washing out all your stress. Not even sex gives me what I get on the dance floor.

I taught a chinese sailor (second officer) to dance recently, dude had 2 left feet and swore up and down he hated clubs. Man I had this guy up on the stage going crazy and women were actually hitting on him. Afterwards, all he wanted to do was go dancing and was showing off to all the girls in class. Second if you can dance even a little bit and there are a group of breakdancers in the place, you will get social cred and can hang out and make new friends. I went to one place in Nanjing with a bunch of my ESL colleagues and when I busted out my stuff, I got schooled by about 8 chinese (girls & guys) that were doing mind blowing stuff. We couldn't speak but we could dance together and it was awesome to watch. Anyway everyone ended up having a great night, one of the dancers worked at the club and gave us all VIP. ;)

If you want to look good, invest a few hours in learning some styles. I've heard people talk about 'vibing'... to be honest, that looks like sh1t. It might get you by, but if you are interested in clubbing why not take some time to actually learn what works in a night club. Most guys sit in the gym for a couple hours and hope their muscles will turn women on, doesn't work. Clubs are about being seen, and no one gets looked at more than the guys in the center of the dance floor... If you want a cool place to chill out and learn to dance, go to a RAVE. No bvllsh1t just straight up dancing for 12 hours. No pressure, no pickups, no worries. Women are always asking me to teach them the moonwalk and body wave, you have to touch them quite a bit. I taught my girlfriend, she kinda sucks at it but she tries and its better than her sitting off in a corner.

PLUR

(I am in China and youtube doesn't work over here but if you are interested look up some of the following to pick up a few quick steps)

Melbourne Shuffle Pae & Sarah
Popping
Locking
Botting
Gliding
Liquid
TRANCE ENERGY

A couple hours a night for a month or two can make all the difference in the world. I love clubs, its a free workout and I get all the girls in the place checking me out and guys buying me drinks to earn social cred. Works even better over here in China! ;)
Damn this post brings me back to my breakin days.

Check out if you can. B-Boy Junior, Lil Lou, RSC Easy Roc, Mr. Wiggles, Ken Swift, Crazy Legs, as well as B-Boy Physicx. Red Bull Breakdance competitions etc. There are TONS of amazing breakers from around the owrld still keepin and advancing the art. It's dancing, gymnastics, creativity, footwork etc. There's tons of breakers out there with mind blowing moves. Most of it gets stolen and or taught to people like Usher, Chris Brown and all the big name singers have breakers teaching them moves for videos.

Suri

Reaction score
Maybe you just need to find your "scene". You gotta enjoy the music. If dance music isn't your thing then **** it. If metal is your thing then rage it up at metal shows. If psytrance is your thing then go to a real rave. There's different types of movement for different music. Find yours.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I go to a club i'm dancing (and I suck). If I don't feel like dancing, i'll go somewhere else where I can actually have a conversation and hear the person i'm talking to. Even if all my friends are going to a club, i'm not burning all that bread just to stand around. When I go to a club I do get into it (fist pumping and such), but it's not because the music is so awesome. It's because i'm out and partying with my friends, It's time to celebrate everything that's good. Remember you are paying a premium to have a good time in there. If i'm not in the dancing mood I make sure to bring a cigar or two and just chill and smoke and check out the ladies. Nobody's obligating you to be in a club you should be having fun in there any way you can have fun.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not the greatest dancer either, and i honestly don't really care for it too much. I prefer to keep to myself and just zone out everything when im drinking at a club. I enjoy clubs because my friends are having a good time, and i can just pick up chicks by chilling out being me.

I used to worry about what people think of my dancing (i'm more of the fighting type as opposed to the loving type, so i get worried about things that aren't manly), but after a while i realized that girls don't really care as long as you don't care. If she wants you, it doesn't matter if you dance a fool or dance like a pro (it would obviously give you more points if you dance like a pro but i don't think you lose points if you don't), but what does matter is that you do DANCE.

If you aren't great at dancing like me, i learned what works best is to move closer to her or bring her close and either grind with her, or face her face to face and grab her waist and just follow the flow of her body. It's just basically up and down/side to side.

I'm socially awkward in large crowds...I just don't like them, but i also don't give a sh1t what people think about me. I can drink alone and not have a single person to talk to me all night and i'm fine. Girls sometime drag me to dance and i may or may not go (usually hb5's-6's) but what i find most important is enjoy yourself no matter where you go. If you like going to the club and drinking alone like i do, than do that. Or if you like drinking and dancing like a mad man do that. Enjoy yourself wherever you are.

Most women go to clubs to dance and let their minds go and dance to the music, it's also a great and easy place for them to meet guys, whether its for a quick hook-up or going home with them. Guys just go normally to get wasted and meet girls. I go to get some peace and quiet time to myself while still being able to hang out with my friends. All the guys go out hunting while i chill back.

Gro0ver

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Naughty Ninja said:
Damn this post brings me back to my breakin days.

Check out if you can. B-Boy Junior, Lil Lou, RSC Easy Roc, Mr. Wiggles, Ken Swift, Crazy Legs, as well as B-Boy Physicx. Red Bull Breakdance competitions etc. There are TONS of amazing breakers from around the owrld still keepin and advancing the art. It's dancing, gymnastics, creativity, footwork etc. There's tons of breakers out there with mind blowing moves. Most of it gets stolen and or taught to people like Usher, Chris Brown and all the big name singers have breakers teaching them moves for videos.
I don't know how you can quit bboying completely man, it's so addictive!! I wana do it for as long as possible even if I never get to the point of doing totally sick moves like airflares, halos etc. Hell even some basic but fast footwork sets into a freeze is enough to make most people go "wooooooa" especially when you just bust it out without anyone expecting it.

Everyone needs a niche that they feel separate them from other people and for me this is it. That and deep philosophical chats/debates with complete strangers.

edit: Oh and you missed out bboy born! Deluxe beatkilling ability...