Legal Advice- Abortion

Broham

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there any state or federal law stating that a man must help pay for a woman's abortion?

I have a psycho ex girlfriend who claims that she is pregnant and wants $500 cash from me for an abortion and has threatened to have a cop at my door if I don't pay.

Her story has a ton a loopholes and I seriously think she is lying, but I need to protect my butt just in case.

Cod3r

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a psycho ex girlfriend who claims that she is pregnant and wants $500 cash from me for an abortion and has threatened to have a cop at my door if I don't pay.
Bigger question is....

Is the cop at your door to get $500 or is he going to be at your door to arrest you on suspicion of rape ??

Just how crazy is this girl?... If I had the $500, I'd dish it out... seriously, not worth the head-ache bro

-Cod3r

Broham

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If she were to accuse me of that she would have no case. She has severe depression and anxiety and hasn't taken her meds in weeks. She has also lied to me on numerous occasions about other things and I have a text message from her stating that she slept with another guy, although she denied this afterwards.

Edit: I offered to go with her to the clinic and to pay the money if she showed me a receipt, but she wouldn't tell me where/when she was getting it done and "not to worry about it" but she then said she needed the money in cash since "they don't take checks." She also said she wouldn't give me a copy of the receipt. That's when I assumed she was lying just to keep my attention. I then since changed my phone number and my lock at my apt.

Cod3r

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she were to accuse me of that she would have no case.
She wouldn't need a case bro... just the accusation and cops arrest first and ask questions later on with you in shackles sitting next to a lawyer asking if you understand the charges that have been levied against you...

When I used to mess with white girls I went through this type of thing, stay away from crazy girls... even if it has no merit a court case can take up months of your life and leave an awful taste in your mouth... can't say i didn't warn u

-Cod3r

Broham

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi-

That sounds like a great idea, if I was dealing with a rational person.

This is a woman who self-admittingly needs attention all of the time, and wants people, especially her boyfriend to think "She is the greatest thing alive." This came straight from her mouth several times.

Furthermore, she already said she wouldn't give me a copy of the reciept and she wouldn't give me any details about the clinic or a day/time.

Supposedly she was still on the pill when this happened, and that she "thought she got her period" but then a week and a half later she was pregnant. There are other loopholes in the story that make it even more unbelievable.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Offer the pregancy test like Espi mentioned. If she rejects that idea, tell her she's not getting 5hit unless you get some proof by (name some date within a week or two). You need to get this b1tch on your terms. The reason to put a time limit on the proof is so she doesn't go out and purposely get pregnant just to prove you wrong.

Tape the phone call (if you can) for proof that you're trying to hold your end up in case she IS pregnant, and that she isn't co-operating.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like an extortion. In all likelyhood she is not pregnant and in all likelyhood if she is, it ain't yours.

A cop will not go to your door and ask for money for abortion, you can't enforce that.

It is up to you to decide what you want to do next. If you feel that her claim is legit then its best that YOU make an appoitment for her to have an abortion and YOU pay the money upfront to the clinic and NOT TO HER HANDS.If she refuses to this deal then you know she is full of sh1t and don't pay a cent.

Broham

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
Sounds like an extortion. In all likelyhood she is not pregnant and in all likelyhood if she is, it ain't yours.

A cop will not go to your door and ask for money for abortion, you can't enforce that.

It is up to you to decide what you want to do next. If you feel that her claim is legit then its best that YOU make an appoitment for her to have an abortion and YOU pay the money upfront to the clinic and NOT TO HER HANDS.If she refuses to this deal then you know she is full of sh1t and don't pay a cent.

She's already asked me for the money in cash, because "they don't take checks." she claims. She also wanted me to mail her the money and she wouldn't come to my apartment to pick it up, although she works 5 minutes from me.

I'd love to try to get her for extortion, or even get a restraining order, but i think that would just add fuel to the fire and make her do something even more irrational.

I'm just going to ignore her threat for me and hopefully she'll go away.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd love to try to get her for extortion, or even get a restraining order, but i think that would just add fuel to the fire and make her do something even more irrational.
If you get a restraining order against her and she breaks it by contacting you, she could be thrown in the slammer. I'd consider a restraining order and look into what it takes to get one.

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't tape the call, unless you tell her you are recording it. It's illegal in many states.

Even if you are the father, I know of no legal reason why you would have to pay for an abortion in whole or in part.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no you do not owe her any money.
first of all there is no law saying anyone pay for anyone elses abortion.
second you should laugh at her for suggesting she call the cops because you didnt break any laws and they arent going to do anything but laugh at her.

abortions vary in cost depending on how far along someone is. even if you verbally agreed to pay part of it, she would still have to get an attorney to sue you in small claims court for the verbal agreement and no attorney is going to take this case to start with.

when all is said and done and she pretends to have aborted your pretend baby (because she is nuts) tell everyone shes nuts and murdered your kid that you would have raised on your own if she had not of killed it.

shes trying to scare you into giving her money.
if she were really pregnant, she would say if you dont help me afford the abortion then i wont be able to pay for it and then i will not be able to get it which will lead to me having to get an attorney to take you to court for child support.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HA HA I had this happen too. I porked this chick maybe 3 times, and she knew I was seeing other girls, we just never talked about it. One day she calls me up and says she isn't going to raise a child alone and thinks she is pregnant.

She asks me if I was going to support her OR pay for the abortion, like those were the only options on the table. She actually had figured up what child support would cost me and was trying to use it like a weapon. I had a gf at the time, so I wasn't interested in supporting anyone. Pathetic. I quit talking to her, and she ended up not even being prego. Obviously, I didn't pay the blackmail. Go figure.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Broham, she's not pregnant. Somebody fronted her some blo, she snorted it all, and now she's in deep sh!t.

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Restraining order. Pregnancy test. Paternity test. Punch in the ovaries. Any order of sequence shall do.

Punching her in the ovaries is optional.

Seriously now, she's gotta put up or shut up. Any actions, thinking, wondering, it's all irrelevent until you can establish if her words are truth or lies. Head down to your pharmacy, grab a pregnancy test, then tell this hoe to show something substantial.

Kuhlraum

Don Juan
Reaction score
It is not illegal to record YOUR OWN phone call. Im some places it is illegal to record other people's calls. That is like someone telling you that you do not have the right to record them on your security cameras when they come to your house/business.

Here is what you need to do. Get the yellow pages and call a lawyer and ask the question.

If the man was required to pay half of the cost then Pro-life activist would have a field day over this because the woman does not need your permission to kill your child. If you don't support her having the abortion then you shouldn't pay a cent. Bottom line, talk to a lawyer and make sure. She is probably lying but you should be on the defensive regardless.

And yes, all she has to do is accuse you of rape and you may not be convicted but it won't be a pleasant experience.

Dean

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cod3r said:
Bigger question is....

Is the cop at your door to get $500 or is he going to be at your door to arrest you on suspicion of rape ??

Just how crazy is this girl?... If I had the $500, I'd dish it out... seriously, not worth the head-ache bro

-Cod3r
it starts at 5 ton, it ends at? a few grand?

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kuhlraum said:
It is not illegal to record YOUR OWN phone call. Im some places it is illegal to record other people's calls. That is like someone telling you that you do not have the right to record them on your security cameras when they come to your house/business.
Linda Tripp would disagree. When I clerked for the state supreme appellate court it was illegal -- maybe they changed it since then...

In many states its illegal, plain and simple.

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I'd pay. It could save you a lot of hassle in the long run. Like you've said, you're not dealing with a rational person. I'd gladly pay $500, on the condition that she gets out of my life forever.

Remember that blackmail is a crime in many jurisdictions. If she says "Give me $500 or I'll do you for rape" then thats blackmail and at least in England is treated as a serious crime, I imagine similar laws exist in the States.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its not illegal to tape a call as long as ONE person knows that it is being recorded. the law doesnt say which person has to know , just that one knows. so therefore, you can be that one person.