Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Leg Day !!!!

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As I am writing this, I am finishing up my eggwhites and oatmeal...

half an hour from now I'll be twisting in pain under the squat rack, then killing myself on the leg press, or in the hack squat machine and leg extensions, holding my sore quads after each excruciating set, damn this shyt is gonna hurt !!

3 hours from now I'll be laying on my couch, exhausted and virtually unable to move, thankful that it's over and already looking forward to next Saturday - cause I get to do it all over again !

I know the soreness will last for days after and it'll feel great.

That's right - hardcore leg days is what truly separates the men from the boys

Peace..I'm off to the gym

happyhourhero

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats a great attitude to have! My physique has improved so much since i started doing squats regularly and working at them as hard as i do at bench or bis or abs.

You nailed it on the head, leg workouts are a love/hate relationship but nothing feels better than struggling to walk down the steps out of the gym after a leg day!!

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by drixsa
dude where are the deadlifts at?
I actually do stiff-leg deadlifts on leg day - for the hamstrings. Usually the last exercise that I do, or second to last

Regular deadlifts are for your lower back though, I do them on back day

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leg day is a blast. Shame I have a couple of niggling quad and knee injuries at the moment. Used to be able to squat 450 + for reps but now I'm lucky to get to 300 before I have to back off. Damn shame as I LOVE to squat heavy.

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ruhl is a beast, but they HAVE to be 45s or that would be some kind of record leg press! It's still huge with the 45s.

Four fifty was ok but that was when I was 20 and with my knees wrapped. Loved that feeling though! Doubt I could touch that again. But to attest to the value of heavy squats for low (4-6) reps, my legs were at their biggest back then.

I remember once spotting an old training partner who was about 260 at 6ft and competed in local strong man comps. Leg extension, the whole stack whatever that was to failure, then straight into squats with 350 with a ridiculously close stance for 20 reps. Dude promptly went outside and threw up! He had teardrops that literally hung off him.

Hacks are great for beefing up the quads too, unfortunately my gym doesn't have a hack slide.:mad:

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love hacks. They're great for separation

Dude, these are NOT 45s. Ruhl claims to leg press 3000 lbs - and I believe him.

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If these are in fact, 45s, I am not very impressed. I can leg press about 8 reps with 10 45s on each side (900 lbs) - and I'm not the strongest guy you'll ever meet by far. For instance, I can't squat 450 (or close). Then again, I've been leg pressing way before I started doing squats.
To make a long story short, I weigh 195 lbs naturally and can leg press 900 8 times anyday. Ruhl pushes about 320 lbs. in the offseason, has been training almost 3 times as long as I have , is juiced up to the gills with megadoses of steroids and GH and probably has better genetics than me, I don't see why he couldn't leg press 3000 at least once. Those plates look bigger than 45s too, definitely

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leg day for me is easy. I go out to the woods, deadlift a giant tree out of its roots, then lift it over my head and begin doing 20 rep squats with it.

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On the other hand those plates could be 25kg each or 55lb if you prefer bearing in mind Ruhl is German and most of Europe uses the metric system. Perhaps a mix of 45s and 55s?

I count about 30 plates on that legs press so if they are 45s that would be 1350lbs and he is certainly going deep. I've seen plenty of guys knock out a 1000 by moving the sled about 6 inches which doesn't count in my book. Not saying that is you Golden, just an observation.

One thing I do notice is that heavy leg pressing does not always translate to heavy squatting. I was never able to go much over 800 for reps (deep) on the leg press but my squat was proportionately much better. I know which way round I would have it.

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just had a look at the title page. Will check the trailor out later.

I love how they say "presumably available Dec 6" as if they ain't quite sure lol. Maybe something lost in the translation?! For more informations....hehe.