Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Leg Cramp/Muscle Spasm

Being_the_Don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Early this morning while I developed a muscle spasm in my right foot. It wasn't good because was driving home from the gym and had to pull into a parking lot get out and allow my legs to stretch. Weight bearing down on my foot eased the spasm a little bit. It cleared up entirely about 5 minutes later. I had started out attempting a clean and press at 175 pounds but then went on to the barbell floor presses, pull ups/chins this morning but didn't feel any discomfort while training. This has been happening off and on with greater frequency for the past five or six months. Sometimes I might be lying in bed and then feel the spasm in my right foot, other times I might just be sitting down in a chair.

I heard that a powerlifter whom had been pulling a truck suddenly developed a muscle spasm and his big toe was set apart from the other ones. I wonder if this could be the same thing happening to me. It happened a couple of years ago then went away but now it's back. Inconvenience.

Does anyone have any suggestions for curbing the chances of getting leg cramps?

DonGello

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to get cramps fairly often, but Now I don't.

Potassium = The Answer (For me at least)

I don't really remember what my research told me, but potassium
helps with the circulatory system bringing blood to muscles all over your body.
Other then that I've always been told to eat Bannanas to stop cramping because they have potassium.

(I suggest buying a multivitamin with some potassium in it, and eat about one or two bananas a day to reduce cramping)
Hope this helped, DonGello

{Edit: Potassium increases your libido so it might also help with DJ'ing, if you know what I meaaaan *wink wink* *nudge nudge*}

Last edited:

Being_the_Don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonGello said:
I used to get cramps fairly often, but Now I don't.

I don't really remember what my research told me, but potassium
helps with the circulatory system bringing blood to muscles all over your body.
Other then that I've always been told to eat Bannanas to stop cramping because they have potassium.

(I suggest buying a multivitamin with some potassium in it, and eat about one or two bananas a day to reduce cramping)
Hope this helped, DonGello
Thanks, I had considered that possibility. I also need to drink more water while I'm training, I haven't been doing that as much lately.

Noodles

Don Juan
Reaction score
DonGello said:
Potassium, sodium, water...and stretching. Random muscles spasms will go away if you get you body ready for it.

Potassium and sodium are an easy fix. If the problem persists, remember to stretch before bed.

DonGello

Don Juan
Reaction score
Something just happened to my friend recently that made me want to add this in here, but...

BALANCE your sodium/water intake. This obviously applies with everything else, but you need to make sure your not intaking too much water or sodium (Happened to my friend), don't remember exactly what happened to him but I heard he had to go to the hospital (Researched and found that too much water in your system with not enough sodium // please correct me if I am wrong // makes your blood vessels too full of water, for lack of the correct term, and makes them explode because they become to large.... obviously this is not good for you, etc.

So yeah... Balance is key

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonGello said:
BALANCE your sodium/water intake. This obviously applies with everything else, but you need to make sure your not intaking too much water or sodium (Happened to my friend), don't remember exactly what happened to him but I heard he had to go to the hospital (Researched and found that too much water in your system with not enough sodium // please correct me if I am wrong // makes your blood vessels too full of water, for lack of the correct term, and makes them explode because they become to large.... obviously this is not good for you, etc.

So yeah... Balance is key
Most diets contain too much sodium as it is. Unless you're a long distance runner there's no reason to salt your food. Most people do it because it enhances flavor, but there is little need from a health perspective for the average person or the amateur athlete.

Sounds like your friend has other medical issues that he needs to look into. Or he was stupid and forgot to have salt with his water after a long distance marathon. You must replenish electrolytes after hours of stressful exercise.

DonGello

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Most diets contain too much sodium as it is. Unless you're a long distance runner there's no reason to salt your food. Most people do it because it enhances flavor, but there is little need from a health perspective for the average person or the amateur athlete.

Sounds like your friend has other medical issues that he needs to look into. Or he was stupid and forgot to have salt with his water after a long distance marathon. You must replenish electrolytes after hours of stressful exercise.

He doesn't have a normal American Diet, he eats healthy like myself, and our diets contain little sodium on a daily basis. Fruits/Vegetables/Whey Protein & Water/ Meats, eggs, etc. He overhydrated because he had to drink a fvck-ton of water to meet the hydration standards for wrestling. He had been cutting weight before that which includes the norm of probably 8 lbs or so of water loss in 1 practice. (He has Hyperhydrosis on his head) It was difficult for him to consume that much water in a day comfortably, let alone do it every day. So when that week came around he was drinking constantly

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup. Just like I guessed. Endurance sport related.

This is one of the reasons why there are sports drinks. And why long distance runners will eat some salt and drink jugs of water after a race. Water alone, in massive quantities will kill you. In those special situations, you need to balance the water with minerals (salts).

For everyday, you don't need to do this and it should be avoided.