Left a message no call back

FunkyMillion

Don Juan
Reaction score
DJs,

I called this girl after a week since I last talked to her but she didn't answer so I left a message but she never called back... should I call back or is it over?

the first time I called her, I envited her to dinner but she coldn't make it because she was busy...

so I next this girl?

-Funk

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
don't be afraid to call her again

just leave a short message like. (sexy tone) "hey... it's your lover, (change tone ) give me a call back."

josekortez

Don Juan
Reaction score
I need to try that and see how creeped out the chicks get.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call her. Use a different number if you want. Either way, don't assume how she feels about you. Women do alot of f&cked up stuff. Call her up and take her out.

FunkyMillion

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok... but I left a message telling her to call me back but she never did....

go back to the original question again, should I call her back or should I next her?

Reagan

Banned
Reaction score
What do you need the verification of this board? You obviously feel that she's not acting genuine and that's a characterisitic that needs to be there. You don't need the permission or the verification of anyone here for how you feel, and you already know the answer.

Q-Pid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well you can't really next her as you've not done anything with her. No harm in calling her back is there?

FunkyMillion

Don Juan
Reaction score
see, i'm afraid that if i call her back, i would be known as the creep or needy or desperate and if i don't call her back i might miss an opportunity.

so what's the right move here...?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FunkyMillion
ok... but I left a message telling her to call me back but she never did....

go back to the original question again, should I call her back or should I next her?
Next. If she eventually calls back, she may get lucky and you may be available. If you're busy sarging a couple of other women, her loss.

LongDrinkofWater

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Call her back. Just don't KEEP calling her back if she dosen't return your calls, and don't make these calls any closer together than about three or four days. Let her hear your voice in the message, but not too often. Don't leave the same message each time, or at the same time of day, either. If you're suspecting she's not ever going to call you back, then give youself a set number of times to call (got to set limits you can stick by), say three. Call no closer together than about three or four days apart. If no ringback, then just stop calling cold turkey. Never know, a month later she may just call you.
Let what you know about this girl be your ultimate guide, but if I suspected low (or dropping) IL on her part, that's what I'd do.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LongDrinkofWater
Call her back.
Why? She's already proven that she doesn't follow common courtesy, what would you expect would change?

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FunkyMillion
see, i'm afraid that if i call her back, i would be known as the creep or needy or desperate and if i don't call her back i might miss an opportunity.

so what's the right move here...?
There is no right or wrong move here. I'm sure you realize this. For you, right is getting the best results from the girl. Wrong is getting negative results from her. You will never know for certain which option will get positive responses from her. All you will ever know is what you are willing to do to try and get those responses from her. So, do you see the problem with the way your thinking about this?

SeldomSeen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
RE:

nah dont call her back. She was busy the first time and not interested the 2nd time enough to call you back so she's not interested. The hardest thing for us men to do is drop our ego and just shrug our shoulders and move on. There will be other women to come.

j8snx1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I gotta agree with the majority here. I'd just next her really...and the next time I see her I'd ask her "why didn't you call me back?" and use the Silent Pause mentioned in the SoSuave tips, accompanied by a firm eye contact and smile. If she doesn't respond with a legit reason, or she seems to just make sh*t up and not be interested, I'd kick her out of my life (literally or figuratively? you decide!):woo:

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it took you a week to call her, how long ago did you leave the message?

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Move on. Don't waste your time.

DaKidS3

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't leave messages.

And block your number when calling a new girl.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DaKidS3
Don't leave messages.

And block your number when calling a new girl.
So you're saying that if she doesn't pick up, just hang up; that's really mature. Then you should block your telephone number; why? It because you know that she only gave you her number to get rid of you and that she surely won't answer if she knew it was you calling?

So where in all of this does the guy actually act like a DJ?

The Nice Guy is Gone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LongDrinkofWater
Call her back. Just don't KEEP calling her back if she dosen't return your calls, and don't make these calls any closer together than about three or four days. Let her hear your voice in the message, but not too often. Don't leave the same message each time, or at the same time of day, either. If you're suspecting she's not ever going to call you back, then give youself a set number of times to call (got to set limits you can stick by), say three. Call no closer together than about three or four days apart. If no ringback, then just stop calling cold turkey. Never know, a month later she may just call you.
Let what you know about this girl be your ultimate guide, but if I suspected low (or dropping) IL on her part, that's what I'd do.
I like this reply. Except, I think you should only call, at most, two times. I would probably only call her back once, and if she doesn't pick up, leave a short, straight-to-the-point message. This message should be meeting up somewhere, not about why she did not call you back. You should not come off as caring whether she call you back or not--that's just too needy. If she does pick up, you have a chance to, (a) set up another date with her, or (b) tell her she didn't call you back and try to read her thoughts by her voice tone (which is hard to do). You decide.

FunkyMillion

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
it took you a week to call her, how long ago did you leave the message?
I left the message last week on wednesday and my message was very short, i just said "this is Funk call me back" and I gave out my number just incase it doesn't register in her phone and that's it....

I'm thinking of calling her back one more time as LongDrinkofWater suggested but if she doesn't answer this time, i'm cutting the rope and never look back.

I'm thinking of calling her tonight.... what do you guys think?

thanks for the suggestions DJs, I really appreciate it.

-Funk